LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Arrived in Peterborough at around 14:30, there were quite a few motorhomes heading the opposite way on the A14 (they were going West).

Now on the CC site at Ferry Meadows. Anyone else in the area??

The site still has it's grass pitches closed off but the grass I have walked on does not seem to bad. There is just a little light rain at the moment.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We are there as well parked up with a Greenish Volvo XC90 and a Bailey caravan

We will inevitably be walking around with a pointer dog

Trip us up as we pass

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Ferry Meadows

We were booked into Ferry Meadows but they rang and cancelled the booking as they said the grass pitches were flooded. Glad to hear you don't think the grass is too bad as we had visions of chaos next Monday when everyone tries to leave the showground!!
Elizabeth :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Oi we are on pitch 48 and just opened a bottle of champers bring a glass quick

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
just had an email from a trader

I have just had an email from a trader saying ...see you in the mud bath.:Cool:

Just loaded up the big rubber mats, and the traction mats.... will turn the fiamma large yellow ramps over so they form a dug in ramp to haul forward.. always have my winch on the trailer and can hook the car up to that and try and pull off.. or hope Bill Landy lover comes.. he is booked, but was not sure if he could attend... he has the Land Rover with the very large winch.. but still may need a ground anchor.. have seen him pull a 16 ton RV out at Shepton on the Reece rear tow hook but tied to a tree as a ground anchor.

Weather forecast is more rain.. but it is what is in the ground already that will cause a problem... the show ground it's self will be very muddy... oh goodie great fun in a disabled scooter sliding about. ...which i had a 4 x 4 on that.

Bob:Blush:

ALCAL

Free Member
Feb 29, 2012
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2003 on and off
Peterborough 2012

Hi.
Are you actually in the showground??? We are planned to arrive Thursday morning as it is our first rally with the funsters and Peterborough. Weather is forcast for more rain Wed & Thursday. Does anyone know of anything organised for towing out in case anyone becomes 'bogged in'. we are a 40ft RV this could be a problem .:Sad:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oi we are on pitch 48 and just opened a bottle of champers bring a glass quick

Sounds good, just watch Gozo Mike's liquor which he brings from Gozo, still getting over it. lol.

PS. Joy sends her love.

OP
OP
gozomike

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi.
Are you actually in the showground??? We are planned to arrive Thursday morning as it is our first rally with the funsters and Peterborough. Weather is forcast for more rain Wed & Thursday. Does anyone know of anything organised for towing out in case anyone becomes 'bogged in'. we are a 40ft RV this could be a problem .:Sad:

The showground opens Thursday, I am on the Caravan Club Site a mile or so away.

There has been talk of tractors being available on another thread.

ALCAL

Free Member
Feb 29, 2012
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2003 on and off
Peterborough 2012

Thanks for that. Hope you have a good time at the show:thumb:

OP
OP
gozomike

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Sounds good, just watch Gozo Mike's liquor which he brings from Gozo, still getting over it. lol.

PS. Joy sends her love.

I do not have that on board this time, I am saving it for next time I see you.:ROFLMAO:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I am on fruit juice from France this trip, one of five and all that. (it is the Alcoholic sort) ::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Mike, are you still keeping your head above water, its rained most of the day here in Suffolk, just been round the fields with the dog, and the ground still seems firm, the rivers in full flow, so maybe its well drained here. :Doh:

Lets hope the show ground is the same. :winky: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've been at a C&CC THS at Epworth since Friday. Plenty of showers meant the ground was a bit soggy on top but the rain stopped (after a very heavy hailstorm) yesterday afternoon and the ground was fine by this morning. Hopefully our part of the Peterborough showground will be as well drained.

I suppose all the RVs can go where it's soggy. Always being told how their RWD is so much better than European FWD :roflmto:

OP
OP
gozomike

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Bob

As Graham says a heavy hail storm yesturday, but it did not last long. I heard light rain during the night and there are a few puddles about even though ther has been little rain during the day. As I am typing there is a funny bright light in the sky going on & off::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
What like this. :whatthe: Bob.

Attachments

• lightning.jpg
    lightning.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 28

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have the camera ready

We've been at a C&CC THS at Epworth since Friday. Plenty of showers meant the ground was a bit soggy on top but the rain stopped (after a very heavy hailstorm) yesterday afternoon and the ground was fine by this morning. Hopefully our part of the Peterborough showground will be as well drained.

I suppose all the RVs can go where it's soggy. Always being told how their RWD is so much better than European FWD :roflmto:

I have the camera ready and I am ready to send to UTUBE... funny how the motor homes want to be in the dry area .. I bet it is the front wheel drive white van man motorhomes that get bogged down. Perhaps it is the way they drive and spin there wheels. we will see.

Bob

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We are at St Neots cc site on hard standing with water lapping our wheels & ducks at the door .......we shall be setting sail to Peterborough on Thursday am ....see all there so long as we don't run aground :ROFLMAO:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Arrived in Peterborough at around 14:30, there were quite a few motorhomes heading the opposite way on the A14 (they were going West).

Now on the CC site at Ferry Meadows. Anyone else in the area??

The site still has it's grass pitches closed off but the grass I have walked on does not seem to bad. There is just a little light rain at the moment.

The A14 is the link from the A1M to the M11 so I think those Motorhomes going the other way were heading for the tunnel or ferries and onto France.
But I'm only guessing. lol
But for current circumstances I'd be doing the same.

Pete:Cool:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Apart from travelling in this horrid weather i am looking forward to the weekend.

Perhaps I may not get out much if its very bad for walking :cry: but I will :welcome: anyone in for a cuppa, or stronger lol plus a chat.:beerchug:

Safe journey everyone see you all soon:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have to come

I have to come... I have an MOT and service to be done onthe RV after the show up at Star Spangled Spanner in Lincoln area... I also have to pick supplies of Cobb bricks for myself and others from the trader selling the Cobb units... Only motor home show he is doing this year. Plus of course my 10 fairy lights ... Read air pressure monitors from JiM ...

I need to cook some of the South African food on the Barbie...

So wet it is going to be.. Bit worried about the mud and disabled scooters.. Work fine on dry ground, but mud does not do well with them

I am pleased that Bill ... Landylover is coming with his fiver and the land river with the big winch... Still think he needs to be paid for his fuel / wear on that winch... But knowing Bill he will not accept it... But makes me sleep a bit easier knowing we have help available should we need it.

Looking forward to the weekend in some ways.. Not in others... First trip for 6 months.

See you all there

Bob

OP
OP
gozomike

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
The A14 is the link from the A1M to the M11 so I think those Motorhomes going the other way were heading for the tunnel or ferries and onto France.
But I'm only guessing. lol
But for current circumstances I'd be doing the same.

Pete:Cool:

Sorry but wrong way they would be going away from the east coast, they were going west into the midlands.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I tell you what in the ground is a soft as Marjal when it rained, we will have problems. :ROFLMAO:

The softest hard standing I have ever been on. :winky::ROFLMAO:

Still just taking the dog out, finish loading the van, and we are on our way. :thumb:

See you all tomorrow, :winky: and don't forget you sun shades. :Cool::Cool::Cool:

:thumb: Bob.

OP
OP
gozomike

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I tell you what in the ground is a soft as Marjal when it rained, we will have problems. :ROFLMAO:

The softest hard standing I have ever been on. :winky::ROFLMAO:

Still just taking the dog out, finish loading the van, and we are on our way. :thumb:

See you all tomorrow, :winky: and don't forget you sun shades. :Cool::Cool::Cool:

:thumb: Bob.

Have a good trip, see you in the morning (I hope).:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back