red fail light on truma c6002 blown air poss fix (1 Viewer)

chrisbooth

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Exp
since 2010
hope this helps someone.my red fail light came on every time i turned on the heating when system was cold and not pluged into the mains 240 volt.if pluged into mains voltage with the boiler set to hot water it worked.the red light comes on when there is a problem with gas supply. i was told it was the pcb board at 300 pounds .i checked the gas lines and found them to contain a lot of oil deposits which i blew out with an air line.this did not fix the problem,so after looking further i found that the solinoid valve was also filled with oil. this is the valve where the gas pipe enters the boiler.with boiler cold try to fire it up if the red light comes on try warming the valve with a hair dryer,this will make the oil with in thiner allowing the solinoids of which there are two one on either side to opperate properly.when cold the oil is to thick to allow opperation.if this works then the solinoid valve needs to be replaced with a new one at a cost of 68 pounds which is a lot cheeper than a 300 pound pcb board. to help prevent this from happening again it is a good idear to replace the rubber hoses from the gas bottles for stainles steel ones as the rubber hoses can leach oil into the system.you could also fit an oil trap which would help. hope this helps someone

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
or wash out the oily deposits with petrol and touroughly dry before reassembling and testing.

another point is that the flame failure solenoid is operated using a thermocouple, so using a hairdryer will also heat this up making the valve open. try to ensure the thermocouple is correctly positioned and clean. Not saying that i dont agree that the oily deposits will have a similar effect, but a faulty thermocouple does the same

OP
OP
C

chrisbooth

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Exp
since 2010
or wash out the oily deposits with petrol and touroughly dry before reassembling and testing.

another point is that the flame failure solenoid is operated using a thermocouple, so using a hairdryer will also heat this up making the valve open. try to ensure the thermocouple is correctly positioned and clean. Not saying that i dont agree that the oily deposits will have a similar effect, but a faulty thermocouple does the same
if the solinoid is not working properly you can hear its at fault. this is what i found and on replacement of the solinoid valve it has worked perfectly every time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

Sorry Big1 but you are wrong here, the Truma c6002 does not use a thermocouple to keep the valve open it is a double solenoid valve controlled from the PCB. Flame detection is done through the igniter system, basically once the flame is present the ions in the flame conduct electrickery from the spark electrode effectively lowering the resistance, the PCB identifies this and shuts off the spark generator. If the flame goes out for any reason the resistance will rise immediately and the pcb will recognise this and try to relight.

D.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The issue uotlined in the OP is one reason I would stick with a Truma/Gok regulator, yes it may clog up and fail but at least it won't be passing oil into the van's gas system where it can cause other problems one of which (if it gets as far as the burners) can be a dramatic rise in CO production. While alternative regulators may not fail due to oily deposits they will allow them to pass into the rest of the system. Stick with Truma/Gok and fit the new Truma gas system filter would be my recommendation.

D.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Chris, give truma a ring there very helpful and will have come across the problem before :Smile:If all else fails you can book into there workshops that charge only £35 plus vat per hour where they will check the PCB and do a exchange etc a lot cheaper than £330-
terry
edit Link Removed

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Like Dave says, I have truma regulator but because they are always prone to fail. I carry a spare. :thumb:

10 min job to change should it go wrong. :Smile:

OP
OP
C

chrisbooth

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Exp
since 2010
Hi Chris, give truma a ring there very helpful and will have come across the problem before :Smile:If all else fails you can book into there workshops that charge only £35 plus vat per hour where they will check the PCB and do a exchange etc a lot cheaper than £330-
terry
edit Link Removed
you miss under stand me terry, this is how i fixed my problem ,it is working fine. i posted my thread to help any one with a similar problem thanks any way regards chris

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
you miss under stand me terry, this is how i fixed my problem ,it is working fine. i posted my thread to help any one with a similar problem thanks any way regards chris

ahhhhh no probs Chris I did think you were having probs :thumb: but as you say it may well help others.When I had a problem with the PCB on my heater my mate warmed it up with a hot air gun got it working,then took it out and replaced about five or six capacitors which he had (repairs tvs computers etc)no idea which was faulty but like he said it works :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back