Gambler or just stupid?? A newbies start to MH'ing (1 Viewer)

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
My wife and I have just bought a MH but get this....
- We have never seen it,
- It is in Spain at the moment,
- And it was a "bargain"!!!

Now either we will have pie in our faces when everything goes wrong (like they send us a matchbox van :RollEyes:) or we will have a great start to our new adventures as MH functors!!!:Cool:

I am doing everything through Ebay, so at least we have a little bit of a fall back (although how far that would go we will (hopefully NOT) have to see!):winky:

Now the bonus is that we have a copy of his passport (IF it is his:Confused:) but the saving grace is that once we receive the delivery we have 7 days to check it out etc.. and if we are not happy then we send it back- if we are happy then we release the money through Ebay.:pray:

Well, we will inform you all on the 12 May when it is supposed to arrive (a day after we get back from South Africa). All fingers crossed that this will be a GOOD start to having fun!!

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Do you have a link to the M/H on E-bay....?

There have been a multitude of scams with this M/O...

Hope you have a good one....

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Your having a Giraffe, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you that it don't go boobies up:thumb:

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
boy you are brave

Boy you are brave.. I have used ebay for 11 years, I would never dream of buying an motor home in Spain...

Hope it is real and not a con.

Bob:Sad:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
when I read " And it was a "bargain"!!! "Spain" "eBay" my scam antenna went into a spin..

you say you have seven days.. but how much deposit are you paying.. is that also refundable.. or maybe that is the scam.. you pay a deposit for a van to be delivered that doesn't exist ..

sorry, but you did ask, I think stupid .. hopefully I will be proved wrong

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
man walks into our local bike shop shows interest in a £3000 mountain bike .wants a test ride .they take is passport bank card and off he rides round the block .never comes back yes all is docs are stolen happed this week.:Doh:
sorry to say never trust any proof of a persons name address .
good luck hope its not a ebay scam

Upvote 0

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
My wife and I have just bought a MH but get this....
- We have never seen it,
- It is in Spain at the moment,
- And it was a "bargain"!!!

Now either we will have pie in our faces when everything goes wrong (like they send us a matchbox van :RollEyes:) or we will have a great start to our new adventures as MH functors!!!:Cool:

I am doing everything through Ebay, so at least we have a little bit of a fall back (although how far that would go we will (hopefully NOT) have to see!):winky:

Now the bonus is that we have a copy of his passport (IF it is his:Confused:) but the saving grace is that once we receive the delivery we have 7 days to check it out etc.. and if we are not happy then we send it back- if we are happy then we release the money through Ebay.:pray:

Well, we will inform you all on the 12 May when it is supposed to arrive (a day after we get back from South Africa). All fingers crossed that this will be a GOOD start to having fun!!
:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

STUPID! STUPID!STUPID!STUPID!STUPID!STUPID!STUPID!STUPID! BOY IS YOUR NAME PIKE? BY ANY CHANCE??????

Upvote 0

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Let me be the light of "Hope" in all this.

I trust that you have made a wise decision in your choice of purchase and the method employed.

May you be happy with your choice when it arrives and have many years of motorhoming fun with your new van.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Gambler or just stupid?? A

thats the best joke on motorhome ive ever heard lol.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
any one want some Solar panels cheap????

Anyone want 500 solar panels cheap:Blush::Blush::Blush:

My daughter was always telling me off for calling her Boy friend (then) stupid boy.. he is now her husband... I rest my case:Blush:

Oh well, made me smile.:Smile:::bigsmile::Smile:

Hope it does not turn out to be a scam.. but I have my doubts.:cry:

Bob:Eeek:

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I see from an earlier post you had bought a mh is it the same one as this. Id say your taking a big gamble but there again you haven't given the full details like if you have paid any money or if you are paying it when van turns up. Nothing wrong with buying from ebay but without seeing i think your taking a big chance.

Hope all goes well for you

Gerry

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no link in your post

I see from an earlier post you had bought a mh is it the same one as this. Id say your taking a big gamble but there again you haven't given the full details like if you have paid any money or if you are paying it when van turns up. Nothing wrong with buying from ebay but without seeing i think your taking a big chance.

Gerry

no link????

Bob

Upvote 0
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It is a fact of life, someone will always bite if the scam goes on long enough. My friend in Spain visited one of these Ebay motorhomes two months ago. Well it wasn't actually there but neither were the proposed sellers. They had photographed a motorhome at Brownhills and downloaded interior shots then superimposed some number plates and hey presto a van for sale.
This has gone on for years so let's hope you haven't fallen into a massive hole with no rope ladder to get out.

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the biginner

well i nerly fell for a scam licke that last year bargan cheep? money transfer it was when my son looked at the coppy of the passport he could see it was a dud well hope it all gows well but i would not relese any money till you have varification or have you:Doh: if so your mader than a shite house rat
but ther agane it may turn out ok man kind semes to have lost trust in his felow man good luck your gowing to need it

Upvote 0

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
It is a fact of life, someone will always bite if the scam goes on long enough. My friend in Spain visited one of these Ebay motorhomes two months ago. Well it wasn't actually there but neither were the proposed sellers. They had photographed a motorhome at Brownhills and downloaded interior shots then superimposed some number plates and hey presto a van for sale.
This has gone on for years so let's hope you haven't fallen into a massive hole with no rope ladder to get out.

IT may be one of brown hills drying out in the sun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. Good luck you are going to need it. how about a link to the van on ebay? some funsters out there can check it out. Delivery date is probably just beyond any chance of a chargeback on paypal. Cancel now under the distance selling regulations and let paypal refund you whilst they can

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
100% right Roger

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. Good luck you are going to need it. how about a link to the van on ebay? some funsters out there can check it out. Delivery date is probably just beyond any chance of a chargeback on paypal. Cancel now under the distance selling regulations and let paypal refund you whilst they can

100% right.. I bet it is outside paypal claim back.. If it is a scam then he needs to act fast and make a claim now... not next week when it is to late.

Bob p.s you can telephone paypal.. they can deal with it by telephone to start with.. get details of who you speak to andy time and make noted.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Callum, No we don't have anything on Ebay but the owner is using them as the middle 'person'

Just a thought when you say the owner is using them as a middle person did the owner give you the number for ebay or did ebay phone you. The reason i ask how do you know its ebay your talking to or dealing with id get on to their website right now and double check and also paypal as wildman suggests.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
100% right.. I bet it is outside paypal claim back.. If it is a scam then he needs to act fast and make a claim now... not next week when it is to late.

Bob p.s you can telephone paypal.. they can deal with it by telephone to start with.. get details of who you speak to andy time and make noted.

Hi Sloberdoberbob, yep I will call them tomorrow morning to see what they know. I have a case Id number so IF it is ok then it will be quick. There has been no money transfers or anything as yet so I am not out of pocket as yet. I have also asked him for his address in Spain (I can visit if required :boxing::winky:) Luckily I am not THAT stupid whereby I would pass on any bank details or paid a deposit just yet or anything before I know what's going on for sure but this does make things more exciting hahaha :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Yeh, I haven't sent any money or given any details as yet so things are not as bad as they could be. Apparently we are to put the money in an Ebay account and they have a case number for me (but I am going to call them tomorrow anyway to double check) and then when we are happy with the van we real ease the money to him. If we are not happy then we send it back and get the money back within 24 hrs "apparently". Watch this space!:Sad:

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have just had an idea/thought... probably a silly one but...

Where abouts in Spain is this van? Maybe a Funster is near enough to pay a visit and check it out... if it is a genuine sale the vendor would not mind... Motorhome members are all over Europe... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Upvote 0

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years

Where abouts in Spain is this van? Maybe a Funster is near enough to pay a visit and check it out... if it is a genuine sale the vendor would not mind... Motorhome members are all over Europe... :winky:

I dont think its there now as its in the post:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12

Of my understanding it is in Barcelona but the seller is on holiday until 25 May. He says we can send a deposit if we want to hold it and then go and have a look when he is back and then close the deal. Still a bit sceptical about it but Ginny seems to think that it is worth the trial (as long as we cannot lose any money on it yet).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
I also just had a thought, he may have been a member of MHfun?? Anyone heard of a Brian Harold Egginton Born Feb 48 from Hanley???:Eeek:

He may be reading these posts :ROFLMAO::Doh: opp5

Only a newbie and already causing chaos :cry:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back