Advice please for Peterbrough First-Timers (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We didn't think we would be able to attend but now find that we can. Of course it's too late to pre-book so we'll have to stay with the Hoi-Polloi rather than our fellow Funsters.
We've never been to the Peterbrough show before so would appreciate any advice from those who have been before.
Such as:
What day is best to arrive? Thursday?
What arrival time to avoid lengthy queues on entry?
Where best to park (or do you get told where)?
What day/time is best to leave to avoid lengthy queues?
Is the entertainment worth bothering with? (The Saturday show is already sold out)
Oh and anything else you veterans of the show can think of.............
Thanks
Mike

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Arrive when ever you like... they are normally pretty efficient... they have marshalls who will park you... I used to be the last van to leave on the Monday lunchtime... always drove straight out...

You can wander in and out of the entertainment venue so check it out if you want... sometimes a group of Funsters will go over to the marquee together... (fun no matter who is on)...

Pity I am not there 'cos I am an expert at sneaking people and their vans into the Funster area even if they don't have the correct paperwork...... (you could try putting up a big Motorhome Fun sign in the window and drive in confidently... some marshalls don't always look too closely) :winky:

I hope you have some kind of bicycles because you could be a long way from the trading areas... but look on the bright side... this reduces the amount of stuff you buy 'cos you can't lug it all that way back...

I am sure you will have a great time and look forward to hearing of your experiences... (always best with pictures too)

JJ :Cool:

PS... always try to arrive after Slobadoberbob... he likes blowing his (RV) horn outside people's vans as he arrives early in the morning to wake you up ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (I think it is an American thing..)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Just arrive

You get told by the marshals where to park.. whoa.. 2" forward... now 2" to the right.. get extra points for every yellow jacket you get on the way in.

How long is a bit of string? me I aim for early on a Thursday and can be held in a stack or I have just driven in.. luck of the draw.. also depends which marshals are on the gate and how job worthy they feel... remember to get your wrist bands.

Leaving... we sometimes go late on the Sunday evening or the Monday.. has taken us 2 hours to get out of some shows.. other times drive out no problems.

Some say the shows are good? me I join in with the functors in our own tent.. sometimes we have our own entertainment... other times we do not.. we also seem to have long BBQ's group ones if the weather is good. Some do not want to go to bed and can be a bit of a pain at 1 a.m.

It is what you make of it.. shame you dd not book in with the functors.. still you can always visit.. need your chairs and a mug or bring your own beer.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St bernard.:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have been known to carry purchases back on the scooter

I hope you have some kind of bicycles because you could be a long way from the trading areas... but look on the bright side... this reduces the amount of stuff you buy 'cos youy can't lug it all that way back...

JJ :Cool:

I have been known to bring back heavy purchases for functors from the trade area to to camping area we are in.. heaviest was a generator .. the largest was Ricks (Motor Romins) cleaning items and an extra large wind break...

Have many a time made the water run to get containers filled... no I do not do the dirty water or the Black.

Bob:Blush:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Mike, sorry you never got to book with us. :cry:

Its a great show and the entertainment at the shows are very good, the only one you pay for is the main Saturday night one, but then you could visit Cambridge Suite and there will be 50s, 60s country music from Darren Busby. Its value for money and the bar prices are not that bad. :roflmto:

What day is best to arrive? Well you have to consider two things. ::bigsmile:

How long can I last without electric !!!!!

Do you have a generator or solar panels but you can always run the engine.
Its great entertainment Thursday with The Ivy League and Keep It Cash who are the original tribute band to Johnny Cash. Do I want to see them.

What arrival time to avoid lengthy queues on entry?
That's a difficult one because sometime you go straight in, other times you don't. ::bigsmile:
The same when you leave, if its a nice sunny day people stay longer.
If they have been wet and cold all weekend, " that never happens " :winky: they may try to go earlier.::bigsmile:

The warners marshal will park you, if your disabled make it known at the gate, you might get a bit closer to the show, but saying that I'v been to Newbury Show and been parked closer than disabled. :Doh: but always worth mentioning.

Do come round and visit us. :thumb: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back