Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some of you know what it is already, but the new bit of kit me and Siân are going to be selling at Peterborough is about to be revealed. ::bigsmile: We have formed a new company and are the UK sole distributer of this superb precision engineered product.

While we know they will sell well to motorhomers (and tuggers and toaders) Our main target market will be the commercial haulage sector where our French and German Distibutors have excelled last year selling tens of thousands, we hope to do as well:whatthe:

The first test order should be with us on Monday and I hope to sell out at Peterborough :Smile:

Here take a look click Wodja fink?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Jim

Nice bit of kit, should keep us nice and safe.

Best of luck with the new venture, I'm sure it will do well.:thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
A good idea, but highly nick-able.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Good idea Jim . Good luck with the project.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I reckon it's a great idea. I will get some for the M/H. Don't need them for the cars but a lot of cars won't have sensors.

Good luck:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They lock in place. You are supplied with a couple of keys for your keyrings. Once locked the out sleeve spins so they cannot be nicked.

Thanks I'll make that aspect plainer on the website:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Good idea Jim but how do you stop the thieving scrotes from nickin em ?.
When I was into hotrods I got fed up with replacing expensive stainless ones.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Good idea Jim but how do you stop the thieving scrotes from nickin em ?.
When I was into hotrods I got fed up with replacing expensive stainless ones.

See the answer above your post Dave, I do need state on the site that they are locked on. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
do they come in different colour LED's. Are they legal one asks. red lights flashing round of a night time could be very distracting for other drivers, I want red, green, yellow, blue, pink and poka dot. please.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It seems there are others for sale in the UK as well
Broken Link Removed

the packaging is ever so slightly different but price the same. I hope you did not pay for sole rights.

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Jim - Not sure if your site is up and running yet but not sure it is working right. Just clicked to buy a pack of 4 but it came up as a £7.50 single item.

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
It would be good if the sensors alerted you in the motorhome whilst driving, you would only be able to check when you are not driving if pressure was lost....Just a thought

Shirl

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It would be good if the sensors alerted you in the motorhome whilst driving, you would only be able to check when you are not driving if pressure was lost....Just a thought

Shirl

I think that would be a bit pricey. My cars have that system

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim - Not sure if your site is up and running yet but not sure it is working right. Just clicked to buy a pack of 4 but it came up as a £7.50 single item.

Thanks Treacle I'll Take a look, give me a mo.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Is there a Funster discount:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, good luck Jim, sounds a good and cheaper alternate to the in cab systems.:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good luck with the new venture Jim hope it goes well:thumb::thumb:
Remember your old mates when your a millionaire::bigsmile:

I'll be getting a set for the Hymer and a set for the GS, tyre pressures on m/bikes are even more critical than cars and vans.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Shirl

Yes, there are plenty of systems that do that and for motorhomes with a pressure above 65psi you will need to pay around £200. Even then, the product is not as good and the margins of reporting are high and wide. This reports at just 4psi.

If you've ever had one you'll know the in-car ones can take a while to report, ie you can be miles down the road before you know you have a problem. This system, just a glance around the vehicle and you know. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Shirl

No problem, there are radio pressure monitors out there, but ten times the price.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well, I have just ordered some as we will not be at Peterborough. I will report back after we have used them for a while. Am I the first?????

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
do they come in different colour LED's. Are they legal one asks. red lights flashing round of a night time could be very distracting for other drivers, I want red, green, yellow, blue, pink and poka dot. please.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

the packaging is ever so slightly different but price the same. I hope you did not pay for sole rights.
nice one roger! jim starts a new buisness and you put a link to a direct competitor:Doh::Sad:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Broken Link Removed

Yes they are legal.

The product you kindly supplied a link to is a different/ very inferior product..

For a start they don't lock unless you want to pay a lot extra.

The batteries are not changeable, so it it was firing off for three weeks while you were away, you'd have to chuck it.

Also and most importantly in that inferior product the pressure is set from the very first time it is screwed onto a valve then it is set at that pressure forever (or until the battery runs out and you have to bin it) Whereas our product re-calibrates every time its screwed on so it can be used on different vehicles or if you want to change pressures then just do it and screw it back on. Impossible with the inferior product :thumb:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I have just ordered some.

Thanks Jim and Sian for the great product.

I have always worried about my tyres.::bigsmile:

Lesley

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Jim,

Slight typo on the warranty page...
(2) provide us with proof of the original date of purchase and (3) quote our return authorisation number. You should note that batteries are not included in the guarantee, nor is physical damage caused by the or similar.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Congratulations Jim and Sian...

You have an idea...

You think and think and research and research...

You negotiate and negotiate...

You spend a load of cash...

You build your website...

You sell and sell and sell... :thumb:

Frankie and I wish you all the very best and are sure it will be a success...

Don't work too hard though... you need your Fun time... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
All my immediate questions were answered above, so thanks to everyone.......... Looks a good product; I'll probably get some but have a few other things to think about at the moment. Best of luck, Jim.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
They lock in place. You are supplied with a couple of keys for your keyrings. Once locked the out sleeve spins so they cannot be nicked.

Thanks I'll make that aspect plainer on the website:thumb:

Thanks Jim.

Is my consultancy fee in the post:thumb:

Pete:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread