Peterborough warming (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Looking forward to the Peterborough show and meeting a lot of Funsters:thumb: the only thing worrying us is HOW DO WE KEEP WARM???:Sad: since there is no EHU and this will be a first for us as we are used to our electric blanket and oil heater::bigsmile:. Ive seen a gadget that sits on the hob and spreads the gas heat out evenley but dont know what its called and can't find it again, our blow heating sounds like it wants to work but just doesn't

WE DONT WANT TO FREEZZZZZZEEEEE:cry::cry:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am not going to freeze

I do not intend to freeze.... I have the hot air heater, sitting outside I have the heater on the table with the little gas bottles you get at the show.. I can always run the genny and put the tube heaters on.... But other than that nice warm jumpers, a warm duvet ... and I can always cuddle up to Sue or Ezzie:Blush:

So why is you heater not working?

I am sure someone will look at it if you ask at Peterborough.. I have found if I stick my head under the hood with a few minutes I have several other heads under there with me.. same if I am in the genny compartment.

Bob

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
A good quilt and a wooly hat will keep you warm at night without heating.

If your blown air heater is diesel powered they can take a while to blow warm air prticularly if the ambient temperature is particularly cold.

Alternativly you could invite all the Funsters in to your van and it will be kept warm with loads of hot air:winky:
Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Just the blow heating, a few beers and half a bottle of Jack Daniels which im sure im gonna need::bigsmile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Sounds like a job one of the traders may be able to sort for you at Peterborough.

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Thats what im hoping and i really dont think it will take much to get it working :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions and, hopefully, some might even work ::bigsmile:

In our previous van we only had the Truma gas space heater and found that plenty at Peterborough. Our current van has gas blown air which seems quite efficient. In fact we've been pleasantly surprised just how good it is.

Of course, Sheep Coats help for sitting in the marquee but they are somewhat exclusive :roflmto:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have sat in the cold out side the tent

I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions and, hopefully, some might even work ::bigsmile:

In our previous van we only had the Truma gas space heater and found that plenty at Peterborough. Our current van has gas blown air which seems quite efficient. In fact we've been pleasantly surprised just how good it is.

Of course, Sheep Coats help for sitting in the marquee but they are somewhat exclusive :roflmto:

I like a few others has been know to sit out side the tent (as it was full) and freeze... so I have my own portable gas heater .. but I can always entertain myself in my awning with the Ukulele or the Lap Steel guitar .. we had a great jamming session at Shepton last year...

I have my throws and blankets if I need to wrap up warm.

Bob

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thats what im hoping and i really dont think it will take much to get it working :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

So the blown air is notr working at all mate ?
Grab hold of me when you get there..

Oh and rather than JD, how about Baileys ? :RollEyes: :ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
So the blown air is notr working at all mate ?
Grab hold of me when you get there..

Oh and rather than JD, how about Baileys ? :RollEyes: :ROFLMAO:

Do I see a Master Class coming on John? Might just watch in case ours goes wonky :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Def not a master class !!
But happy to poke around with the meter to try and suss it out ::bigsmile:

Blown Air systems are a pain in the parts as far as I am concerned..
In 2009 we had the very latest version fitted in our new ( to us ! ) van.. It still gobbles batteries and gas at an alarming rate which is why I nailed that catalytic heater on the wall

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Def not a master class !!
But happy to poke around with the meter to try and suss it out ::bigsmile:

Blown Air systems are a pain in the parts as far as I am concerned..
In 2009 we had the very latest version fitted in our new ( to us ! ) van..[HI] It still gobbles batteries and gas at an alarming rate [/HI]which is why I nailed that catalytic heater on the wall

That's what we were wary of when we got our current van but nothing further from the truth. Apart from the initial "getting up to temperature" it uses hardly any battery or gas. Solar panel has more than coped with replacing battery power used.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That's what we were wary of when we got our current van but nothing further from the truth. Apart from the initial "getting up to temperature" it uses hardly any battery or gas. Solar panel has more than coped with replacing battery power used.

Yup.. Why mine does it is a mystery.. Although it was all under warranty I took it apart and replaced the motor with a high Q jobby that reduced the power consumption to a workable level, but we can still get through a 6k bottle over a long weekend..

Using the cat heater we used 5 litres of gas ( so about 2.5k ) in 10 days of wilding in rather chilly climes !

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Im just so glad that we are fully winterised and have the webasto diesel heating.
if you have some good batteries ( like trojans ) you can go for days at -10 and below , with the heating on , without hook up. :thumb:
When we eventually change our MH . Webasto will definitely be at the top of the list along with it being heavily insulated again .
Hope you get it sorted , you may have to have an early night and snuggle down in bed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back