What connection from waste tank to waste hog (1 Viewer)

elizabethh7802

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
What pipe/connectors do I need to get to link the waste tank to the waste hog, we don't have a cassette toilet so I will need to use the waste hog to empty everything. Up til now we have used the mh waste disposal drains so haven't needed to use the waste hog but we are going to a site soon with no mh dump.
Also, do you need to use chemicals in this type of toilet without the cassette?
Grateful for any advice.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Grateful for any advice.

I'm well practiced at moving black waste in a hog... in fact I have a pHD in it .. ::bigsmile:

my advice is to make sure the connection to both waste outlet and hog are correct and very secure.. it comes out faster than you think ... so keep an eye on it !

I've had it all over my feet, on more than one occasion .. it's a bugger to clean up and very embarrassing .. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Peter may be right, the Euro (Fiamma) 3" looks like the Yank 3" but isn't, at a guess a metric equivalent, really does depend on you vans connection.

For touring we have the Fiamma roll tank, go on Peter I'll let you put a link up, and the hose Peter linked to with a Yank fitting on the other end, due to having an RV. This gives us a 'sealed' dump soultion when there is no drive over suitable for black, only used it once though but works well. I know Larry has a 'solution' and runs a waste hog but I prefer the Fiamma as it's sealed. Also, the fiamma if you shut of as soon as the booble rises it is a reasonable easy lift if your stuck with a high level 'elsan' point.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I'm well practiced at moving black waste in a hog... in fact I have a pHD in it .. ::bigsmile:

my advice is to make sure the connection to both waste outlet and hog are correct and very secure.. it comes out faster than you think ... so keep an eye on it !

I've had it all over my feet, on more than one occasion .. it's a bugger to clean up and very embarrassing .. :Doh:

It's a rite of passage isn't it:Eeek:

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: ....or me too:Doh: and, err twice:Doh::Doh:

Over did the undoing of the vent = guiser
Failed jubilee clip:Blush:

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

I reckon one of these might be required then::bigsmile:
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have a Fiamma and the Yank 3" fits

Peter may be right, the Euro (Fiamma) 3" looks like the Yank 3" but isn't, at a guess a metric equivalent, really does depend on you vans connection.

For touring we have the Fiamma roll tank, go on Peter I'll let you put a link up, and the hose Peter linked to with a Yank fitting on the other end, due to having an RV. This gives us a 'sealed' dump soultion when there is no drive over suitable for black, only used it once though but works well. I know Larry has a 'solution' and runs a waste hog but I prefer the Fiamma as it's sealed. Also, the fiamma if you shut of as soon as the booble rises it is a reasonable easy lift if your stuck with a high level 'elsan' point.

We have a blue fiamma that we use when on a site long term .. the 3" yank hose fitting work on it just fine.

But we prefer to use the macerator that way we take it by way of the 3" from the tank outlet controls to the macerator then in to the fiamma as liquid so we can dump it in a non motor home dump point, if you follow me.

Bob

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
just a minute

hold up guys the op has a fiat ducato i have never seen one with a black tank maybe he means the thetford portapotty type that sits on the wastemaster to drag it to the dump point.

in which case he could use chemicals in the bottom tank.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back