Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I have an elektroblock ebl 4-105 with a solar controller connection. Where can I get a plug connector to fit this.

thanks Shirl

Attachments

• P4170235.jpg
    P4170235.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 80

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I think you would be best talking to Stephen at Aire & Sun; he knows a lot about solar and EBLs and fitted my panel last May (to an EBL99).
http://www.aireandsun.co.uk/index.php

If you look at the section on regulators and the LRS 1218, there is a link to a pdf explaining how to make the connections.

The port on the EBL is to take the output from a solar regulator. It might be easiest to use the dedicated Schaudt controller - LRS 1218 - Stephen sells these too. They come with dedicated cables to connect to the EBL. I am not sure what functionality you will get with an EBL 4-105. With most EBLs, the use of the LRS 1218 enables both leisure and starter batteries to be charged by the solar panel, but I have a suspicion that the EBL you have allows only leisure battery charging. I am sure Stephen will be able to advise.

Alternatively, send an e-mail to Udo Lang at Schaudt - he speaks excellent English and is very helpful.

Udo Lang <Udo.Lang@schaudt-gmbh.de>

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have previously sent an Email to Schault about this when I wanted to do it on my last van. There are two complications.
One is that you need the Schault regulator (about £80 i think) that plugs in.
2nd, due to the way these things are done, the wiring between the elektroblok and the battery is nearly always smaller than it should be and hence there will be a voltage drop from what the sun provides.

I really looked in to this as it was my prefered method, however, eventually for various reasons and having listened to many, I went the standard Panel Reg Battery route.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I have previously sent an Email to Schault about this when I wanted to do it on my last van. There are two complications.
One is that you need the Schault regulator (about £80 i think) that plugs in.
2nd, due to the way these things are done, the wiring between the elektroblok and the battery is nearly always smaller than it should be and hence there will be a voltage drop from what the sun provides.

I really looked in to this as it was my prefered method, however, eventually for various reasons and having listened to many, I went the standard Panel Reg Battery route.

Unlike on many British built vans the Schaudt system uses 6mm2 wire from the EBL to both batteries so voltage drop will be minimised.

D.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When Dave Newell fitted our solar panel he used the connection on the Electroblock controller (EBL 99).

Might be worth having a word with Dave - you'll find him in the Members List.

EDIT - Dave beat me to it whilst I was typing :Smile:

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Thanks everyone for your help.

Just 1 more question....The solar panels power cable connects through the controller, then from the controller to the elektrablock..... Does the leisure battery then get charged from the elektrablock unit?

PS...I am not doing this myself, but just want clarification in my own aging mind..

Shirl

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Unlike on many British built vans the Schaudt system uses 6mm2 wire from the EBL to both batteries so voltage drop will be minimised.

D.

Don't wan't to disagree Dave, you do it for a living.
But it wasn't a British van, it was my Adria.

Contiki, I have not time at present, but you can do a search, I asked this very question, In fact Brian Hilldweller even talked about finding/ making a plug up for me. I then emailed Schault themselves.

It was uneconomical and or not worth doing it that way due to voltage drop. If I can find it I will attempt to find the email from Schault themselves.

I know very few things, but, as said, this is something I looked in to at length, I wanted it done cleanly and did not not want the hassall of wires etc where they shouldn't be when everything was there.

Dave is correct when he says voltage drop is minimal, but Voltage drop is there, and when you get such little from a solar anyway, every bit helps.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back