RVs The Stars at Oswestry (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
RVs are to be filmed for a TV feature at the Oswestry meet in May and will all be flying the flag for the ultimate motorhoming experience :thumb:
65 American Recreational Vehicles from Airstream to A class coaches, from B class to Bikes will be in attendance.
The annual meet organised by Brian Evans ( Brian Jo and Josh ) with food provided by Jo and her team and marshalled by Pete Illing ( Pete and Shirl ) will also have various entertainment including theme evening and surplus items sale.
As seen on TV, a show not to miss :Cool::Cool:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
RV,S

Oh larry i was trying to keep that rally a secret:Doh::roflmto:
brian jo and josh at mission control

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Such a shame but we are forced to spend 4 weeks in the US roughing it :Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
[HI]Such a shame but we are forced to spend 4 weeks in the US roughing it [/HI]:Smile:

Larry, chuck me the keys to your beautiful rig while you're away and I'll represent you at the show,

..........go on, go on.......geeeus ajob, I won't wreck it honest Guv.......:winky:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Larry, chuck me the keys to your beautiful rig while you're away and I'll represent you at the show,

..........go on, go on.......geeeus ajob, I won't wreck it honest Guv.......:winky:

Would love to -----------------------------------------but :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
RV.s

we do have 2 spaces at the moment because 2 couples have had to drop out:Sad:so we have 2 spaces for 2 rv,s and 2 persons per rv.just call me on 07802 661334 if you would like to come :thumb:
brian jo and josh

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
we do have 2 spaces at the moment because 2 couples have had to drop out:Sad:so we have 2 spaces for 2 rv,s and 2 persons per rv.just call me on 07802 661334 if you would like to come :thumb:
brian jo and josh

Bump this for Brian,if some one on here with an RV,and would like to come to this Rally.:coolthumb::beerchug::party2::drink::wine::beer:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
[HI]Would love to -----------------------------------------but[/HI] :Smile:

:winky:Liar.....Liar.....pants on fire:winky:

Actually Larry I rented the big coach / Triton v10 etc when I cruised South West USA, but I had a good look at all the others available and have to say that I don't think we had any more comfort than you have in yours despite the increase in length etc.

You got a nice Rig there..........Griff

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
:winky:Liar.....Liar.....pants on fire:winky:

Actually Larry I rented the big coach / Triton v10 etc when I cruised South West USA, but I had a good look at all the others available and have to say that I don't think we had any more comfort than you have in yours despite the increase in length etc.

You got a nice Rig there..........Griff

Thanks Griff, yes we love it , not too big to restrict travel and yet big enough for comfort and all the RV bits :thumb:

Larry

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
I know it is very sad :Sad:
But I have an old RV and can go:Smile:

I wanted to go to another Rally but was told that it was Hymer owners only that were allowed.:Sad:

This problem will some be overcome with Flatpacks RVOC rally at Rutland Water where it went from RVs only to also open to MHF :welcomefunster:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Never mind... :winky: I think I will survive this disappointment... :ROFLMAO:

Now now Maggie... you know I never go fishing... I hate fish... :Eeek:

JJ :Cool:

PS... at QMJ nice people are all welcome... never mind the vehicle they drive...

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
This rally is not only retricted to American Rvs
But numbers too:Sad:
65 in total
Due to the UK having insufficient fuel stocks to send any more:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Never mind... :winky: I think I will survive this disappointment... :ROFLMAO:

Now now Maggie... you know I never go fishing... I hate fish... :Eeek:

PS... at QMJ nice people are all welcome... never mind the vehicle they drive...

Modesty JJ You kicked off the last RV fishing trip then did a runner ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
MOI?

Never... I asked a simple question... I am never horrid to RV owners (except Doc and he is a real mate so I am allowed to... :ROFLMAO:)

... but I found the response(s) very enlightening... :thumb:

I admit I am like a Mackerel, always take the bait, Buttons (99mpg) has caught me and thrown me back a few times :Doh:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just found time to read through this interesting thread, and what springs to mind is =

Wouldn`t it be nice to have a few one model/make rally`s.... IE Hymer Rally... or Swift or National Sea Breeze, Trail-Lite...

I realise some people would be sat in a field/campsite all on there own..... but Hey-Ho thats life.. :Cool::thumb:

They would be very small and intimate but very friendly.. :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just found time to read through this interesting thread, and what springs to mind is =

Wouldn`t it be nice to have a few one model/make rally`s.... IE Hymer Rally... or Swift or National Sea Breeze, Trail-Lite...

I realise some people would be sat in a field/campsite all on there own..... but Hey-Ho thats life.. :Cool::thumb:

They would be very small and intimate but very friendly.. :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:
Or maybe "The black Iveco owners club" :winky:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
'They' already have regualr meets as I understand, all over Portugal:ROFLMAO:

and usually in nice quiet spots with nice views, but lets not forget that if our jj wanted he could join a hymer meet although i think he wouldnt like the conformity of all being in a straight line facing the same direction at the set distance apart, gennys only allowed for an hour at such and such a time etc

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Intimate I used to like but small is now the operative word :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
How small does one have to be....

I`m just over 32 foot, but with my trailer I`m a tadge under 50 ft...:Doh:

Am I too big..?:Sad:

Thats not what I meant you silly old bugger, I was talking about sshhhh you know.
Trouble is some of you keep boasting about how big yours are , 50ft HUH :Doh:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thats not what I meant you silly old bugger, I was talking about sshhhh you know.
Trouble is some of you keep boasting about how big yours are , 50ft HUH :Doh:

"Woops".....Miss read your answer...:Doh:

Lets put it this way then... "Adequate"............... :Cool:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Gentlemen as they say "Please stand closer, it's not as long as you think". :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back