Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
The current owner of the Hymer I'm buying has removed the shower head, although the plumbing is still there, as he said the water supply was inadequate and has done the same on the bigger Hymer he bought to replace it. I measured the water tank yesterday and it seems to be between 17 and 20 gallons, so how long does it take you to empty your tank using a shower?

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The current owner of the Hymer I'm buying has removed the shower head, although the plumbing is still there, as he said the water supply was inadequate and has done the same on the bigger Hymer he bought to replace it. I measured the water tank yesterday and it seems to be between 17 and 20 gallons, so how long does it take you to empty your tank using a shower?

I use a trigger shower head. Water keeps at constant temperature when you switch it on/off as pump remains on. Saves on water consumption too. My van has a 140 litre water tank (whatever that is in gallons) and lasts me 7 days having a shower every day, washing up, etc.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi simple way is to wet yourself turn off lather up turn on and rinse.You can buy trigger shower heads, this makes it easier.He may well have run out of hot water -could be a 10ltr boiler? (2 galls)but that should be well enough for the shower- big tip is turn hot on full then adjust cold to required temp,that way as you run out of hot you only need adjust the cold tap :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you use your shower as you do at home (running continuously) it won't take all that long to empty the tank.

Technique in the van is to get wet under the shower, turn water off to wash with shower gel, rinse down, turn water off to shampoo hair, rinse down. Uses comparatively little water.

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Water pumps average around 10 litres per minute, your tank is around 80 litres
theirfore 8 minutes showering,on full flow.

We use ours daily when abroad, the best way we have found is to wet down,soap up
and then rinse off, three stage showering. Don't think you can shower like you do at home.

hope this helps
regards
Steve:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

We use ours daily when abroad, the best way we have found is to wet down,soap up
and then rinse off, three stage showering. Don't think you can shower like you do at home.

hope this helps
regards

That may be true but you never use full flow :Doh: plus most hot tanks are 10 to 15 ltrs so a cold shower even quicker-using your method about 1 min ::bigsmile:-YOU CAN EASY GET A 4/5 MIN SHOWER BEFORE RUNNING COLD :thumb:
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
In a MH a shower is to stop you smelling not for enjoyment. The limitation is a low powered boiler which takes an age to heat a small volume of water.

Learn to live with it or use campsites with proper showers. I remember campsites by their showers as much as anything.

Fixed temp tepid - double yeuch. Sorrento.

Hot trickle - yeuch. All over.

Hot with bursts of steam - oooooooooooeeeer. Marjal.

Hot, steady temp, painful force - deep joy - Villasol, Benidorm, Grantown on Spey.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

hope this helps
regards
I agree fully Steve......if you like cold showers.

the water boiler will be around 10ltrs so better make that a couple of minutes max...hot and cold mixed.

thats one advantage of an RV....6 GALLON or 10 GALLON water heater which takes around 20 minutes to heat.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
If you use your shower as you do at home (running continuously) it won't take all that long to empty the tank.

Technique in the van is to get wet under the shower, turn water off to wash with shower gel, rinse down, turn water off to shampoo hair, rinse down. Uses comparatively little water.

Perfect answer GJH....turn shower on....wet......turn shower off...soap/lather/gel...turn shower on..rinse off.....turn shower off...all showered in hot water..... DRY yourself :thumb:...get dressed :winky: easy....Now where is my breakfast.....Bacon, Black Pudding, B/Beans, Eggs, Mushrooms and Fried Bread::bigsmile::winky::thumb:...lovely

Mel

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Our hot water capacity is something like 15 litres.

Myself, SWMBO and 2 kids can all shower with that and still hot water left for the dishes etc.

Just use economically, as said in previous replies above.

Water On, get wet, Water off, Wash, Water On, Rinse down, Water off, simples......:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes correct fast showers on RV's

I agree fully Steve......if you like cold showers.

the water boiler will be around 10ltrs so better make that a couple of minutes max...hot and cold mixed.

thats one advantage of an RV....6 GALLON or 10 GALLON water heater which takes around 20 minutes to heat.

The 6 galls in the boiler heats up fast in an RV.. we have Attwood boiler in ours. add the cold, plenty of time in the shower.. plus the boiler keeps filling ... with 30 galls of fresh water (and we have small tanks) showering in an RV is easy. :Blush:

Bob

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The 6 galls in the boiler heats up fast in an RV.. we have Attwood boiler in ours. add the cold, plenty of time in the shower.. plus the boiler keeps filling ... with 30 galls of fresh water (and we have small tanks) showering in an RV is easy. :Blush:

Bob
Why heat up a whole 6 gallons when a couple of litres will do? Not very eco friendly :roflmto: :reel:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Eh, actually some of us sadly now don't have any hair to shampoo:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :cry:but at least now this gives me a bit more time to wash what's still there whilst the water's running:roflmto:
Bill

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Perfect answer GJH....turn shower on....wet......turn shower off...soap/lather/gel...turn shower on..rinse off.....turn shower off...all showered in hot water..... DRY yourself :thumb:...get dressed :winky: easy....Now where is my breakfast.....Bacon, Black Pudding, B/Beans, Eggs, Mushrooms and Fried Bread::bigsmile::winky::thumb:...lovely

Mel

We're planning a trip over to France sometime later on this year, I take it that the aforementioned FBP is NOT available in La Belle France:winky:
Margaret:roflmto:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Er in doors - Eddi - can and does use almost a full tank of water - 120lts most days. Mind you, she keeps the van in spotless condition when we are in it. Forever using hot water to clean down the sink, bathroom and cooker. As she says, you cant clean up with cold waer:RollEyes:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We're planning a trip over to France sometime later on this year, I take it that the aforementioned FBP is NOT available in La Belle France:winky:

ROFL - Mel L I V E S in France permanently, Margaret!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Sedge...Margaret....FRAY BENTOS...in France Heavens forbid:Eeek:.....I wish they did!!!:thumb: I have only just started eating FB again in the last year after JJ gave them World Publicity

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Le boudin noir is available in France, in several versions, but none taste like Bury black pudding. I usually take a frozen supply, together with bacon which is also hard to find in France

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Le boudin noir is available in France, in several versions, but none taste like Bury black pudding. I usually take a frozen supply, together with bacon which is also hard to find in France

We had a cooked breakie this morning, we don't have it very often, but had black pudding (Scottish of course!), treacle-cured bacon (from Aldi) which was tasty:thumb: and a couple of pork sausages and a fried egg. Forgot to get mushrooms and tomatoes, so it was a "weight watchers" breakfast I suppose:roflmto:
Any time my parents came up to Scotland to visit us, they used to take down whole black puddings and fruit puddings to friends in Hampshire. They used to moan that the English black puddings weren't as good as the Scottish ones..............:winky:
Margaret

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Yes I saw that on his avatar, but we'd been having a discussion on the soggy bottoms on the FBPs........long story:roflmto:
Funny, this Fray Bentos pie thing started when some called Facebook FB and then someone else started the FB pie story and it evolved from there. But the original thread was about Facebook:roflmto::Doh:
Margaret

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Any time my parents came up to Scotland to visit us, they used to take down whole black puddings and fruit puddings to friends in Hampshire. They used to moan that the English black puddings weren't as good as the Scottish ones..............:winky:
Margaret
When we used to tent camp in Kirkcudbright in the 1980s we had to always bring back square sausage, black pudding and white pudding for exiled Scots friends.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
When we used to tent camp in Kirkcudbright in the 1980s we had to always bring back square sausage, black pudding and white pudding for exiled Scots friends.

We're about 12 miles away from Kirkcudbright, lovely little place:thumb:
Actually, I'd forgotten about square sausage, because I never buy it, but my parents used to cause quite a lot of amusement in the airport when they were flying back down south with all these full size puddings:roflmto:
I think our fruit pudding might be close to your "white" pudding, with some dried fruit through it........I prefer fruit pudding to black pudding:thumb:
But they'll probably ban the "black" pudding before long and refer to it as "non-white" pudding:Doh:
I'm still wondering how black puddings found their way into the "water and showers" thread.
Margaret

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

SQUARE LORNE SAUSAGE, now you are talking...... Yum Yum Yum...:thumb:

Perfect for sausage sandwiches.......::bigsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
SQUARE LORNE SAUSAGE, now you are talking...... Yum Yum Yum...:thumb:

Perfect for sausage sandwiches.......::bigsmile:

Ahhhhhh! I used to like a lorne sausage with fried onions in a nice crusty Scottish roll........not one of these awful English bap things:Blush:
Real Scottish morning rolls, only available "north" of the border from a proper bakers shop:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back