Motorcaravan club rules (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi just read on motorcaravan club site that if you use a !silent generator! on club rallies you can only use it 2 hours in the datime & 2 hours in the evening so shan't be renewing my membership this year happy travels cheers Rod

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Good for you, more motorhome owners should follow. Don't they just love rules for rules for rules. Next thing we will only be allowed to exit the van three times a day.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I cant see the problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spent Easter weekend with 50 other vans at an MCC rally..
Only 1 van used a generator so all the rest of us managed ok...

Cant say I have ever heard that rule being enfored anyway...

There is a blacklist you know... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Green is at the top of it...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
c&cc apply this rule to especially at temp holiday and c.s sites. This is to allow other campers some peace and quiet.:thumb::thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I cant see the problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spent Easter weekend with 50 other vans at an MCC rally..
Only 1 van used a generator so all the rest of us managed ok...

Cant say I have ever heard that rule being enfored anyway...

There is a blacklist you know... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Green is at the top of it...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
not another list i'm on:Doh:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Hi just read on motorcaravan club site that if you use a [HI]!silent generator![/HI] on club rallies you can only use it 2 hours in the datime & 2 hours in the evening so shan't be renewing my membership this year happy travels cheers Rod

so what about not so silent generators i suppose as it dont say you can run em as long as you like:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: could be an interesting one to push the boundary on:Blush:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I think that's fair enough, 4 hours a day is enough for anyone I would have thought, that's why we have leisure batteries. :Smile:

Just been away last weekend with them, and the rule was not before 9am and not after 6pm and from Thursday until Monday we had very little solar and 1 and a 1/2 hours with the genny. :thumb:

Maybe different groups have different rules, but out of all the vans there, no one had a problem. :thumb:

When we asked what the rules were with generators, he told us the times. :winky: I told him my genny did not make as much noise as my solar panel screaming. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
It states no loud generators allowed at all so its ok if you have solar panels however i don't & i like to watch my telly at night whilst charging my shaver & other bits & pieces i agree not before 8 in the morning & after 10 at niight which i think happens at most shows i also believe in live & let live & if yoou want total peace & quiet why go to a campsite anyway not all of us can afford a solar system cheers Rod

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
not all of us can afford a solar system cheers Rod

DID YOU KNOW ::bigsmile: You can get an 80w panel and fit it yourself for £140...!! :winky:
SHH.... Dont tell everyone..
I know there are some very considerate users of Gennies but also some real pains.
My solar would struggle on a long stationary rally in poor weather but I manage my available power to suit...
ANYWAY, What you doing watchin TV, thought all you funsters were party animals. :thumb:

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
If i attempted to change a fuse i would blow the house up & even funsters have to watch football from time to time & on dark winter evenings when the sun don't shine its so good to have alternative power the wife gets a bit fed up with having to pedal faster when the battery starts to drop:ROFLMAO: cheers Rod

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
If it's a "silent generator", how would they know if it's on - or not

:Doh:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
...i also believe in live & let live & if yoou want total peace & quiet why go to a campsite anyway not all of us can afford a solar system

It sounds like you're saying that only wild-camping is peaceful. I've been on plenty of sites (even club sites) that have been quiet...of course, there were no generators running.

I think if I was on a site where somebody kept running their generator during a summer evening because they wanted to watch X-Factor/Coronation Street or complete the next level of Angry Birds, while I was sitting outside trying to relax, I'd be moving elsewhere.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
not all of us can afford a solar system cheers Rod
I'm not sure of the validity of that point :Smile:

Supply and install of a single 80 watt panel, regulator and all associated wiring, £375 inc VAT; no running costs.
Kipor IG1000 Generator, £349 Incl. VAT; petrol £1.40 per litre ongoing running costs.

Each to their own though. At the end of the day, whatever the rules say, proper consideration should be given to one's neighbours whether camping or at home.

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Hi GJH,
Where do you get panel, regulator, wiring and install for £375 inc VAT Please? My local dealer wanted £420 for the kit and 4 hours to install at £200. Perhaps they didn't really want the job?:cry:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi GJH,
Where do you get panel, regulator, wiring and install for £375 inc VAT Please? My local dealer wanted £420 for the kit and 4 hours to install at £200. Perhaps they didn't really want the job?:cry:

We bought the stuff required and our resident funster Ash fitted it for us at one of the shows, didnt take him 4 hours and he is very good.
Check ebay for the kit panels,brackets,wiring, gland and regulator - then find someone to fit and you will get it all and done for under the 350mark - some funsters that are handy (diy) have even fitted the kit themselves.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi GJH,

There is no reason why you cannot get all the kit for an 80w system for under £150.. DIY fit if your able with plenty of advise on the forums. Or get / pay someone to do the fit.

Here is a 60w kit for £130
Link Removed

Here is an 80w panel for £108
Link Removed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi GJH,

It was the offer Broken Link Removed that Dave Newell laid on for all Funsters in February.

As Chatter & Tonka have pointed out, there are alternatives, especially if you feel competent to do the work yourself.

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
We had ours fitted and supplied by techno100, 2x 80watt all fittings including regulator and brackets all for £700. And he did a fantastic job, there is a post on here somewhere of the job completed.
Mike:Smile:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
When we take our genny Link Removedmmmmmm:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Believe it or not, the bit between the lorry cab and the genny (window with sign writing underneath) is the living quarters. Genny is used to power the organ and stage at steam rallies. My mate Anthony sleeps in there when he is operating Lightning, one of the Prestons traction engines. Some motorhome eh? could probably power the whole site !!!!! :thumb:

Last edited:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
We recon that all gennys should be banned from all club sites! our genny ONLY get used when nature camping on our own, if you can't pay for EL whilst staying at the site, then man its a poor thing, and yes i do know the costs of EL is so High, but also fuel is , a bit of give and take dont hurt any one; Cheers Alf:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I wouldn't know about club sites because we have not been on one for 20 odd years. :roflmto:
But if I was somewhere that had electric and I needed it, I would buy it.:Smile:

But we are talking school meets with the MCC/ shows with Motorhome Fun or temporary holiday sites or Cs sites with the C & C Club and no electric is available, and the genny only comes out to run the spin dryer or charge the batteries. ::bigsmile:

And that's only after we cant get any free electric from the solar panel. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, had a look on our groups web site, no mention of generators on there.::bigsmile:

May be just the group you belong to, have made the rule.:Doh:

I know when we go with the C & C Club motorcaravnners section Kent group, are a bit like that, and we have had discussions in the past about it. :ROFLMAO: Last time we went with them towards the end of last year, as soon as I pulled in, I said park me somewhere I can run the genny if need be, and he did although the sun came out and we were OK. :thumb: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back