Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've just sold our house and are going to build a new one, we're looking for a small 2 bedroom town house to live in while we build then one of our kids will rent it from us. While we're looking for a small house we decided to live in the van for a few months. A mile from where we currently live is a really nice campsite owned by a local builder we know quite well. The site is very busy so on Tuesday I went to see him to see if we could book 28 days (max allowed) on his site as we move out next Wednesday.
As I was talking to him I got the feeling he did'nt want us or locals staying on his site and he would'nt give a straight answer. Later that day he left me a voice message saying we could,nt stay on his site as he thought we would cause problems because;
A. We wanted to stay too long (I'd already agreed 28 days max)
B. Would cause too much damage because we have a big van ( 28 days without moving on a hardstanding pitch how much damage can that cause)
C. He was fully booked for the rest of the year ( Not true the site is virtually empty as I write)
We've got somewhere else to go but would have liked to have split between the two now no chance.
We've travelled all over the world and in some extremely poor countries especially Asia but the one thing we've always noticed is the generosity and kindness shown to us, and usually the most generous are those who have the least. Last year I travelled for 10 days through Iran and the people there were far more friendly and generous than this mean spirited bugger in fact they humbled us with there kindness.:Blush:
As I said in the title Welcome to England:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
did you ask the guy if he was intrested in priceing to build your new house?
or did you blank him on priceing,as he is blanking you on staying?
sound's like a bit of tit for tat to me,might be wrong??:RollEyes:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Maybe if you spent more time in the uk we'd treat you as a native:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Cant you stay on the land your building on:thumb:
G
Ps Jan could mash and make Lasagna for the builders
The house would be up in 3 days

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
You are welcome here anytime Rory :Smile: No idea what the guy is talking about gives us site owners a bad name.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
did you ask the guy if he was intrested in priceing to build your new house?
or did you blank him on priceing,as he is blanking you on staying?
sound's like a bit of tit for tat to me,might be wrong??:RollEyes:

Yeah you are wrong should'nt jump to conclusions:Doh: because he is on the tender list to build the new house and he knew it.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yeah you are wrong should'nt jump to conclusions:Doh: because he is on the tender list to build the new house and he knew it.

Well I hope he doesn't get the job.

What a pillock

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hey up Rory he might have been on here an seen your avatar and thought you might park that up for a month:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hey up Rory he might have been on here an seen your avatar and thought you might park that up for a month:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Could have but I'm down to the bike and tent now:ROFLMAO: times are hard::bigsmile:

Attachments

• IMG-20110524-00042.jpg
    IMG-20110524-00042.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 22

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Rory, rub your hands with glee mate, sounds like a lucky escape, guy sounds a knob at best.

sure you will work something out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back