Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just looking to buy a 100 watt solar panel kit. But I am trying to get my head around why some are £199. then go to £400 plus.I do believe you generally get what you pay for, but is there realy that much difference? Any tips on what to look for would be appreciated.:Cool:before I hit the buy button!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
"Solar panels are either amorphous silicon which are commonly used in calculaters, toys and consumer electronics, polycrystalline which are made from molten silicon that is poured into a mould and then sliced into cells or monocrystalline, these cells are slices of pure crystalline silicon ingot making them very efficient. "

So Look for MONOCRYSTALLINE... I have had 2 "cheapies" 80w panels off ebay, 1 was over 2 years ago and still active on my old van.. Been more than pleased with them, same panel now are £108..

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Having been through the process of making a solar panel I can tell you that all the commercial ones are of a similar quality. The construction process used is the same across all manufacturers and the materials used all come from the supplier.

So, if it is a monocrystaline spending £400 for what you can get for £99 off ebay makes no sense in my opinion. I have 3 80 Watts on my van from the cheapest suppliers on ebay. They have dropped a shed load in the last year though. I paid £150 for mine, now down to £99.00 inc free delivery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back