Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Link Removed

This seems very reasonable .. not well described.. but clearly has a back up camera .. not very large at 22' good layout.. while it does not say it is 6 berth I would say there is the over cab, the rock and roll settee bed and the dinette .. at £10,500.. not bad value.

Bob

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As you say Bob.. a lot of motorhome for the money... if you can afford the petrol ... It's had a busy life , 95k miles in 12 years.. not high for the engine, but more than average for the year.

and yes, it is six berth

BARGAIN! 2000 V FLEETWOOD TIOGA AMERICAN RV MOTORHOME 6 BERTH, AUTOMATIC LEFT HAND DRIVE HAND DRIVE MOTORHOME

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is the smaller engine

To you maybe, to most, petrol, 5400cc is just unthinkable. In the real world it could be worthless. It's sort of an expensive static.

It is the smaller engine.. V8 .. not the V10 6.8ltr so it is a very good lump and 95k is nothing for that sort of vehicle.

It will have the usual goodies like generator , notice it had the larger fridge and freezer .. and the big bathroom.. would suit a family .. at that price it is a good first buy.. OK yes expensive on fuel.. but you need to work out just how many miles a year you will actually do.

Bob

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I agree with Brian

If it does 8 to the gallon and I had to drive it from My home to Ashford return, it would cost me in the region of £260.

My European would do it in £75..

No brainer really..

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
It would suit someone rich I suppose ex football player ex solicitor et:whistle::reel:c

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Left hand drive, no fixed bed, expensive to run with that large an engine, looks like electrical gadgets meant for hook-up (or expensive generator), looks like not much storage, no bike rack or solar panel, too wide to be convenient on the drive.

Think I'll stick to ours Bob, thanks :Smile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
My V10 and bigger returned 14 mpg

I agree with Brian

If it does 8 to the gallon and I had to drive it from My home to Ashford return, it would cost me in the region of £260.

My European would do it in £75..

No brainer really..

My V10 and it is bigger returns 14 mpg and that is hauling a fully loaded trailer at just under 7.5 tons rolling.

Not all yanks do 8 mph... this would be a fuel injection age so it should do around 15 mpg with a light foot... my old A class Titan used to do 8 mpg but that was 32' and a much older V8 with a carb.

Again what price comfort and all the extras you get in a yank.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
a load of European (bull)

Left hand drive, no fixed bed, expensive to run with that large an engine, looks like electrical gadgets meant for hook-up (or expensive generator), looks like not much storage, no bike rack or solar panel, too wide to be convenient on the drive.

Think I'll stick to ours Bob, thanks :Smile:

Do not knock it until you try it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: These RV's have the generators in the chassis and can run the roof air con or the microwave... the fridge is on LPG as is the freezer.. we do not have to run off every morning to dump the black water.. we can carry it with us for about 5 days.. we do not run off to get the aqua roll filled. and the fix bed is over the cab.. note this is 8' wide and that means a proper bed up there .. In my own Winnebago I have a massive rock and roll bed and another from the drop table. Very comfortable.

Power steering, electric mirrors (heated of course) cruise control, cab air con, power windows, tinted class front and sides as standard..... and power.. leave all those slow diesels standing.. overtaken many a one climbing the Turn Gully even with a trailer on fully loaded.. they were dust in the mirrors.. Why? slow plodding european diesels:reel:

Bob:Blush:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
People are right to express concerns fuel consumption, but, why are they obsessed with it?
I have put a lot more fuel into my Honda CRV, than I have in my RV over the year, and i am retired, no commuting.
If it is a good buy for the money, why not? I have seen a lot worse rubbish for more money than that!

There was a new Buerstner on the site l was on last year in the Lakes, and the owner was gob smacked that l even considered buying an RV. "Must need a fuel bowser following you with that"! and, "you need an HGV licence for that",and, "I can get over 20 with mine"! "Blah,Blah, Blah!

He paid more than three times what I paid for mine, he has probably lost more in depreciation than that Tioga for sale, and he got bogged down trying to cross a bit of grass to the roadway instead of reversing off the stand!

So, if i was in the market for an for a small, cheap, RV i would consider it.

Craig

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
could not have said it better Craig

People are right to express concerns fuel consumption, but, why are they obsessed with it?
I have put a lot more fuel into my Honda CRV, than I have in my RV over the year, and i am retired, no commuting.
If it is a good buy for the money, why not? I have seen a lot worse rubbish for more money than that!

There was a new Buerstner on the site l was on last year in the Lakes, and the owner was gob smacked that l even considered buying an RV. "Must need a fuel bowser following you with that"! and, "you need an HGV licence for that",and, "I can get over 20 with mine"! "Blah,Blah, Blah!

He paid more than three times what I paid for mine, he has probably lost more in depreciation than that Tioga for sale, and he got bogged down trying to cross a bit of grass to the roadway instead of reversing off the stand!

So, if i was in the market for an for a small, cheap, RV i would consider it.

Craig

Could not have said it better...

Bob:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do not knock it until you try it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: These RV's have the generators in the chassis
Don't need a generator, the solar panel provides all we need most of the year and a few quid for hook-up would supplement on the odd occasion necessary
and can run the roof air con
Never needed air con yet
or the microwave...
Don't need microwave, got a double skillet
the fridge is on LPG as is the freezer..
we do not have to run off every morning to dump the black water.. we can carry it with us for about 5 days..
Never found that to be a problem
we do not run off to get the aqua roll filled.
Nor that
and the fix bed is over the cab..
Don't need to climb up over the cab
note this is 8' wide and that means a proper bed up there .. In my own Winnebago I have a massive rock and roll bed and another from the drop table. Very comfortable.
Fixed bed plenty big and comfortable enough
Power steering, electric mirrors (heated of course)
Got them
cruise control, cab air con,
Don't need them
power windows,
Got them
tinted class front and sides as standard.....
Don't need them
and power.. leave all those slow diesels standing.. overtaken many a one climbing the Turn Gully even with a trailer on fully loaded.. they were dust in the mirrors.. Why? slow plodding european diesels:reel:
We're on holiday not driving a GP

All said with a :Smile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
a have lot of no needs

You seem to have a lot of no needs:Sad: never mind... never know what you are missing until you try it:Blush:

Bob p.s owned a C class Glendale on a Merc chassis once.. once was more than enough.. have had yanks for 25 years now.. meets my needs... and I have many.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I remember folk saying when power steering came to HGVs,

"Eeeee! I wuddna want that power stuff, tha' canna' feel th'ice ont' road"!

In other words, 'I would love it but i have to express reasonable doubt'!

Craig

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
American RV =

Proper full sized comfortable bed. Ours is 5' 2" wide and 6' 6" long.
Proper full sized domestic fridge with freezer over. LPG & Mains.
Comfortable leather seating, with arm rests.
Large sized water holding tanks. Black 38gal, Grey 85gal, Fresh Water 130gal.
Serious heating system that pleases Management, who does not do being cold.
Proper dining table and associated seating, for a comfortable meal.
Good size three door wardrobe and four draws for Managements clothes.
Full size domestic type shower with good water preasure.
10gal hot water tank, gas LPG & Mains, so no running out during shower.
Seriously large storage lockers underneath.
Huge towing capacity
Double sink in Kitchen area.
Three burner hob with oven under
Huge convection/microwave oven
10mpg on an 8.1L lump if I'm not trying to be a F1 driver.
Power steering and 6 speed auto box that is an absolute pleasure to drive.
Wallet very seriously dented. :ROFLMAO:

On & On & On, but of course everybody to their own and whatever makes them happy. Challenging another persons choice is naughty. You might disagree with someone choice, but never does that give anyone the right to say the other persons choice is wrong. If you understand what I mean.:Blush:

Blah Blah Blah. :Eeek::moon::clap::restmycase:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On & On & On, but of course everybody to their own and whatever makes them happy. Challenging another persons choice is naughty. You might disagree with someone choice, but never does that give anyone the right to say the other persons choice is wrong. If you understand what I mean.:Blush:

Bang on, Mike. But it's all a bit of fun isn't it? ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I like RV's. I always marvel at how big they are and the bits that come with them.

Not sure I would want one or pay to run one but at the same time I sometimes feel a bit hemmed in with my van.

Each to their own I guess. My wife would love one:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Im off to bid on it,,

After all, 10mpg and a rock and roll bed..... :notworthy::notworthy:

just can't refuse it. :party2:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I like RV's. I always marvel at how big they are and the bits that come with them.

Not sure I would want one or pay to run one but at the same time I sometimes feel a bit hemmed in with my van. So what did expect from buying a Hymer Wannabee

Each to their own I guess. [HI]My wife would love one[/HI]:thumb: I am told you can get some small blue pills for this condition

Simples, thats sorted then..

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Do not knock it until you try it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: These RV's have the generators in the chassis and can run the roof air con or the microwave... the fridge is on LPG as is the freezer.. we do not have to run off every morning to dump the black water.. we can carry it with us for about 5 days.. we do not run off to get the aqua roll filled. and the fix bed is over the cab.. note this is 8' wide and that means a proper bed up there .. In my own Winnebago I have a massive rock and roll bed and another from the drop table. Very comfortable.

Power steering, electric mirrors (heated of course) cruise control, cab air con, power windows, tinted class front and sides as standard..... and power.. leave all those slow diesels standing.. overtaken many a one climbing the Turn Gully even with a trailer on fully loaded.. they were dust in the mirrors.. Why? slow plodding european diesels:reel:

I am not going to mention the fuel economy.. If you can afford it why not...

But I must pull you up on the waste and fresh situation. I go a week without emptying my thetford and grey tanks and a week without filling my fresh tanks. I full time. My van is so small I can drive to the fill/empty points without packing the van up (just unplug EHU) if I am staying more than a week.

I get 30mpg (possibly more).

My biggest bug bear with an RV is accessibility. I can't just go somewhere to see what is there. I have to either ask or look on google street map. My previous vehicle was an Optare metrorider so I know about this :Doh:

I don't need aircon. My fridge runs on 12v powered by the solar panels on the roof. I have a little 1Kw genny for emergencies and 500AH battery bank.

I have power steering and electric windows. Electric heated wing mirrors.

I can fit in a super market car parking spot.

I can decide to move and be moving within 5 minutes.

I will admit though that at 2mtr by 3.5 mtrs living space I have the same space as a prisoner in a SuperMax solitary cell. But my big sliding door means in the nice weather I have the ultimate view ::bigsmile:

I doubt that you RV would even come close to keeping up with my van. I know it can do 80, but I sit at 50mph.

So... My only complaint about an RV is accessibility. Your complaints about water/waste etc on euro's are wrong (in my case anyway) :thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am starting to feel like Paul did

All I did was draw the attention to the members of a bargain.. boy talk about shoot the messenger.. I am starting to fell like Paul when he asked a question and got every bit of information other than what he asked. (including from me.. before he says that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:).

But this was not a debate about your Hymer or whatever or your self build being better than the RV on ebay.. at that price is is cheap and a good buy.. a lot cheaper than an equivalent european motorhome of the same age and better loaded.

Not really interest if Gromett can get by with a weeks use of his thetford... I bet I could make mine last many weeks if I used the back tyre... You miss the point. So you have to start to wonder why you bother some days... oh I know, actually someone might be interested rather than being in a spitting contest.

Bob:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back