Woman treated after motorhome collision (1 Viewer)

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Link Removed

Link Removed

Published on Tuesday 10 April 2012 15:35

Paramedics treated a woman after a three-vehicle collision on the M1 this morning.
It happened on the southbound stretch between junction 14 at Milton Keynes and junction 13 at Brogborough.

The collision involved a car, a lorry and a motorhome, which tipped on to its side.

Firefighters from Broughton and Toddington were called to the incident shortly after 6am. They were at the scene for about 15 minutes and made the vehicles safe.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Oh gosh, it's so awful to see something in a position that you wouldn't normally see it in. It makes you wonder what happened just before this and what made the mh tip over:Sad:

I hope the lady wasn't seriously hurt.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
it actually says it was a three vehicle collision mmmmm wonder if we are going by guess work what part the third vehicle played in it.
I do dislike these men that automatically think 'female' bound to be her fault - its not even good for a laugh

and yes there are some stupid females out there but they are balanced by the equally stupid and arrogant males

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
it actually says it was a three vehicle collision mmmmm wonder if we are going by guess work what part the third vehicle played in it.
I do dislike these men that automatically think 'female' bound to be her fault - its not even good for a laugh

and yes there are some stupid females out there but they are balanced by the equally stupid and arrogant males

Well said!

Lordy...there are even female lorry drivers now..whatever next?

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
SO SAD, thats when you don't need to leave in thing loose in the van when traveling, stow well before leaving!!!,Alf:whatthe:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It must be true, it's in the Guardian ::bigsmile:

Women are safer drivers then men

When it comes to driving, women are far safer and more law-abiding than men, according to government figures.

Male motorists were responsible for 88% of all driving offences that resulted in findings of guilt in court in England and Wales in 2002, the Home Office statistics showed. Furthermore, men committed almost all the most serious offences, such as causing death and dangerous driving: women committed just 6% of the death or bodily harm offences in 2002 and just 3% of dangerous driving offences. Men were also responsible for 96% of vehicle thefts and 97% of offences relating to motorcyles.

However, women's share of speeding offences rose from 13% in 1998 to 17% in 2002. The category in which women committed the highest number of offences was obstruction, waiting and parking - being responsible for 23% of cases in 2002. Female offences relating to driving with excess alcohol or drugs in the system also increased - up from 9% of the total in 1998 to 11% in 2002.

Overall, women's share of motoring offences rose only 1% between 1998 and 2002.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Purely my observer when being driven around by females of all ages, they all have some common traits. My advice is....Don't distract them with conversation, they cant manage driving and talking together....another observation is they have no concept of anything that is going on more than one car length away in any direction.....They only know two throttle positions, no throttle and full throttle.....They tend to misread most driving situations.......... Jims survey makes no mention of how many disasters they leave in their wake.
I'm sure given time I will find a female driver without these common traits. But not as yet.:lips:::bigsmile:riving2::lips:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
:reel::reel:

again Buttons

I think your fishermans story of the VW mpg is best

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
In MY opinion, men are more aggressive drivers - it goes back to the days of chariots and horses.

Women are far more aware of potential hazards ie kids running along the pavement, flashing blue lights etc. It's because we are the nurturing ones who look out for others.

Each to their own, but Jim's statistics make pretty compelling argument.

Personally I have been driving for nearly 40 years, mainly above-average mileage per year, with no accidents, convictions, penalty points or even a parking ticket to my name and I don't consider myself to be an exception to the rule.

Women are safer drivers. End of. :Smile:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
well ladies if any of you are looking to hold:thumb: a charity burn your bra event at any fothcoming meet. please put my name down for a ticket. i am in full support :ROFLMAO:of ladies speaking their minds. i love em all.:ROFLMAO: as a matter of fact i will bring one of the wives bras it will keep the fire going for a night or two. ps. what do they call a german bra?. disalstopemfloppin-bum bum x

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
women are safer drivers:thumb:
they doddle along at 30 mph and all the crashes happen around them:winky::ROFLMAO:
but men are better drivers,cant remember a women winning a world championship car race against men,only drag raceing and thats because there aint much for them to do but sit there and look good:ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
women are safer drivers:thumb:
they doddle along at 30 mph and all the crashes happen around them:winky::ROFLMAO:
but men are better drivers,cant remember a women winning a world championship car race against men,only drag raceing and thats because there aint much for them to do but sit there and look good:ROFLMAO:

Every women driver I know would have seen that 3ft high fluorescent orange bollard at Alicante airport :roflmto:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Every women driver I know would have seen that 3ft high fluorescent orange bollard at Alicante airport :roflmto:
again i wish people get the facts right:RollEyes:
it was eight foot high and about a 18" square fluorescent orange bollard:ROFLMAO:
and i was going backwards,looking in the righthand mirror when i should have been looking in the lefthand mirror,but the sneaky thing just leapt out anyway:ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
In MY opinion, men are more aggressive drivers - it goes back to the days of chariots and horses.

[HI]Women are far more aware of potential hazards ie kids running along the pavement,[/HI] flashing blue lights etc. It's because we are the nurturing ones who look out for others.

Each to their own, but Jim's statistics make pretty compelling argument.

Personally I have been driving for nearly 40 years, mainly above-average mileage per year, with no accidents, convictions, penalty points or even a parking ticket to my name and I don't consider myself to be an exception to the rule.

Women are safer drivers. End of. :Smile:
Sorry another observation with regard to awareness. I live close to a school I see daily large people carries parked in unbelievably hazardous positions adjacent to the school. I see women with full throttle position without a thought of who is about to jump out on them. They are the same in car parks always the second option full throttle position, again without a thought of shoppers. As I said just an observation, I have plenty more.:Eeek: Male BMW and Auldi drivers are the only thing that comes close.:whatthe:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
All the men seem to assume that the woman was to blame for the accident, what a chauvinistic lot!
Well, I passed several lorry drivers on the A75 yesterday (all male) two were on their mobiles and a third was actually drinking something out of a cup whilst driving:Eeek:
It's also possible that with "cross dressing" and sex changes going on with so many males these days, that the "male" lorry driving was applying his lippy at the time:winky::roflmto:
Margaret

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Well said!

Lordy...there are even female lorry drivers now..whatever next?

Yes, I watched the Eddie Stobart programme the other night and there was a female lorry driver on there, she was brilliant, kept her cool after having to reverse back out of her parking spot and go back in again to get closer for connecting something up:Cool:

She didn't get aggressive or lose the plot, let's hear it for the girls:thumb:
Margaret:winky:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
A young lady was driving through a built-up area at about 70 mph when she noticed a motorcycle policeman on her tail. She increased her speed to 80 mph but the cop hung grimly on her tail. She put her foot down and pushed the car up to 90, drawing rapidly away from her pursuer. Suddenly she saw a garage up ahead and with a squeal of brakes she pulled up in the forecourt and dashed into the ladies' toilet. Five minutes later she emerged to find the motor-cycle policeman waiting for her. With a sweet smile she said, 'I bet you thought I'd never make it in time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back