LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Stayed here again for two nights (fri & sat) but I still could not find a way to pay the overnight fee of £8-00 for motorhome parking. The ticket machines only issue tickets for daytime parking and the same for the Ringo system.
I paid by phone on friday night and the receipt showed that I had paid for saturday parking until 08-00hrs sunday.
OK I know its nice to get out of paying but I do like the facility and would hate to see it withdrawn.
Anyone else had any experience of this.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
You wait until after 6pm I think and then the ticket changes. I paid on New Years Eve by Ringo and it worked ok.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We might give this aire a try later on in the summer when we go down to the area to visit my parents near Hayling Island.

Thanks for the tip:thumb:
Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
grasscutter

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Out of interest I emailed Havant BC parking department and they replied that they had contacted the Ringo company about reports of it not working and they thought it had been fixed.
On saturday night there were 14 motorhomes parked up and I spoke to three who said that they did'nt pay. Just goes to show that at the moment they cannot be policing the system.
Beware then, anyone staying there that they might now start checking.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
As i walk the woofer, down by the site most evenings, I can see it is getting quite popular, this poo paas,other members on this forum,when i first anounced the facilities, said it would,nt work cause it was to expensive, especially for those who haven,nt paid :ROFLMAO:....Del

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
As i walk the woofer, down by the site most evenings, I can see it is getting quite popular, this poo paas,other members on this forum,when i first anounced the facilities, said it would,nt work cause it was to expensive, especially for those who haven,nt paid :ROFLMAO:....Del
Im glad its being used,might spur other councils into action:thumb:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
yes its a nice spot, when the sun is shining, when we had that warm spell acouple of weeks ago there was 15 vans

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Already some are cheating and not paying? The service could then be withdrawn for the rest of us.
Always someone wants something for nothing, tight sods should be reported. :Angry:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
How do you know that like the OP, they hadn't tried to pay and failed?

I don't approve of not paying either once the thing is working but unless there is a notice up saying - you have to wait till after 6pm in order to pay for overnight - they can't really expect you to have ruddy ESP can they! :Doh:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
As I only live a few miles away, I'm going to hire a traffic wardens uniform and go down there around 5 in the evening, complete with my ex-clippy's ticket machine and charge the beggars.

And I'm surprised you haven't thought of that Dell, you could do it whilst walking the woofer.........

That's how it works in the Caribbean and in Malaysia, the first one to row out to your boat gets the $10 American for your anchorage.

Don't give them money to get you fresh produce though, you'll never see the beggars again......:Angry:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The fact that others had paid leads you to believe they didn't try very hard. The dodgers will get us all tarred with the same brush :Eeek:

UKMotorhomes

Free Member
Mar 6, 2011
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
4x4 camper truck
Exp
More than 30!
Just found out that the charges here are to be increased after 'representations' from two local campsite owners.

The owners of Oven Campsite and Fishery Creek Campsite claim that the introduction of overnight motor home parking at West car park is having a detrimental impact on their businesses.

At a meeting on 10th May Havant Borough Council decided to raise the charges from the originally published rates of £8 a night from September to May inclusive and £10 a night from June to August inclusive, to £10 a night from November to February and £20 a night from 1st March to 31st October.

The new charges are likely to be introduced around the end of June.

Andy

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I think this will be yet another council pricing themselves out of business. Who is going to pay £20. £8 or £10 yes I probably would. £20 not a chance.

Just had a quick look and it would be cheaper to stay at one of the campsites mentioned in high season. Makes you wonder doesnt it.

Just had another look and its only £17.50 high season at the Oven Campsite.

Sonja

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Not heading for Hayling Island then in me van, all this trouble brewing, loss of local revenue as i see it.

UKMotorhomes

Free Member
Mar 6, 2011
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
4x4 camper truck
Exp
More than 30!
Hayling Island price rise complaint

Details of the price rise for overnight stays at West Beach, Hayling Island are contained in this item relating to the amendment to the local parking regulations: Broken Link Removed

I would suggest that anyone wanting to raise a complaint about the price rise will find Councillor Collins' contact details here: Link Removed

A suggestion has been made elsewhere that motorhome users boycott Hayling Island campsites altogether.....

Andy

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
is this a good example of the challenges that councils have with establishing local authority run systems in this country - that it is bad form to be in 'competition' with local businesses?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back