Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
Just had a 6KG refillable tank fitted to the VW.

Had a Gaslow system on my last motorhome which was brilliant whilst we were touring Europe (no regulator changeovers/obsolete empty tanks etc.) so decided to fit a smaller tank due to space available.

Shopped around and got the GasIT tank for £99 from FES Autogas, (£125 for Gaslow equivalent - they are both made in the same factory!!) and a remote filler for £25 (£84 for Gaslow!)

Fitting was £48 so a full refillable system for under £175.

If you are thinking of doing some serious European touring these are a must - costs about £7 to fill a 6KG tank (10 litres). Probably don't save much over the lifespan it's just the convenience of being able to top-up as you travel.

For more details see:www.gasit.co.uk

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
I have a Gaslow system fitted on our new toy (havnt been out in it yet) :Sad:
So I can fill the bottles up at an lpg filling station (I think)
Do the filling stations on the continent have the same fittings? or do I need some kind of adapter?

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
LPG Adaptors

Do the filling stations on the continent have the same fittings? or do I need some kind of adapter?
Just got back from winter in Europe, Gaslow system worked great and yes you do need various adaptors in various countries. From experience most of the few stations in Spain have adaptors for loan don't know about other countries but have found it a worthwhile investment to buy my own, I think I found them through ebay.
Good luck and have fun
Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996

I bought aFrench/Italian adaptor from Gaslow, it just screws into the filler on the Gaslow system and you can then fill up at any service station in France that has an LPG pump.

Think Spain is now using the new type which will be Europe wide sometime (don't know when!) and believe you can borrow them there at the stations.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
HI, we got our alugas bottles from gas-it great company to deal with.:thumb:

We had gaslow for 2 years + and very happy, but changed because the aluminium bottles are half the weight. No problem getting gas all over europe except when we go to Spain we take one off and fit a spanish bottle, only because it saves you hunting for the few places that sell it and its easier :winky: plus only €13. 27 to exchange a large repsol bottle.:thumb:

There are 4 adaptors, (1) UK. (2) France (3) Germany (4) Spain

These are what you need, but maybe not the cheapest. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
just fitted gas-it system to my van, good company to deal with:thumb: Nick theire tech guy very helpfull. European addapters came free with package::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
We just wanted a simple fuss free system . Opted for a gasit 1 x 11kg bottle set up. Initially , ordered all the parts to include an internal fill point bracket . However the large gas filler guns on forecourts led to 2nd thoughts , as I didnt fancy struggling to reach internal ( gas locker) fill point .So went for the external filler box & bayonet cap option .

I didnt have all the necessary tools ( eg cutter for drilling out the fill point on MH body ) so rather than buy them , probably never to be used again , arranged for a qualified and recommended technician to come to us ..... MH on driveway , he fitted and tested the system + gave a guarantee on his work ....... Whole kit and caboodle inc of fitting = a couple of £s over £200.

Gasit were a good company to deal with . They made an initial error in the parts sent , but when they were notified , I received prompt e mails from the gasit owner accepting full responsibility . The proper part was sent out by recorded next day delivery ..... Well handled and rectified .

First fill was around £16 on motorway station , so probably over the odds . But still a saving of £10+ on last propane bottle change .... We use the MH over the winter and dont stint on gas usage, so there is every chance the system might pay for itself fairly quickly . But that really wasnt a consideration . Its more the convenience of not having to lug bottles around , or worry about running out of gas ,as its simple to check and top up at LPG pumps when fuelling the MH ..... Also gained some storage space in the gas locker . Handy for levellers , water hoses etc .....All in all , well pleased with the system , wish we had done it sooner .

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
My recent (full) fill of a new GasIt 11kg cylinder was £14 and as others have said - good firm to deal with

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back