Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Has anyone any experience of using Motorways in Portugal. In this last year they have introduced new and additional charging systems. Apart from the pay points at various locations on the network, there are now drive under gantries which take a photo of each vehicle as it passes beneath. I understand that Portuguese motorists are either charged automatically through an incar device or have to then go and pay the additional fees. Not sure how this works for non-Portuguese motorists? Any answers??? :whatthe:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
we've just returned from 3 months in Portugal, we went under loads of these gantry mounted camera systems..... no letters/fines etc on our return (so far !). we asked a brit who has lived in Portugal for the past 6 years about them and she seems to think that the system is not capable of tracking uk vehicles at present.

OP
OP
RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
we've just returned from 3 months in Portugal, we went under loads of these gantry mounted camera systems..... no letters/fines etc on our return (so far !). we asked a brit who has lived in Portugal for the past 6 years about them and she seems to think that the system is not capable of tracking uk vehicles at present.

This is what I heard for UK plates. I understand it is a different story for Spanish plates though, and they are complaining when they come over the border in the Algarve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The whole system seems to be flawed at this time. Even those who have wanted to pay have found it so difficult the've given up. We used the motorways in Feb, so given Portugal government department efficiency we will expect a bill the day after manyana:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back