LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No. 25 litre plastic jerrycan, lightweight folding trolley and a couple of bungees. Cost half the price of an aquaroll, lighter and easier to store.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
agree with GJH on this but i have a 16 litre jerry can but one needs the trolley as carrying is a pain.

other option is a larger tank on the motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
NO...we carry 2 x 10l jerry cans & a garden water can, which makes getting the water into the tank easy. I'm not as strong as Graham so find the 25l can too heavy.
Brian

PS I find a trolly for 25l can too unstable

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
NO...we carry 2 x 10l jerry cans & a garden water can, which makes getting the water into the tank easy. I'm not as strong as Graham so find the 25l can too heavy.
Brian
I cheat Brian - use a submersible pump that came with the first van ::bigsmile:

PS I find a trolly for 25l can too unstable

You gotta live dangerously, it's half the fun :roflmto:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I fill up the truck at the service point after we arrive back
But before bed time :thumb:

When the pump packed up last year
Used a kettle good exercise that was :cry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Has this turned into a caravanning forum?:winky:

It should for some. I believe.

All those winter sun seekers, weeks on end static in Spain, they would have better accommodation and local transport with a caravan.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Yes / no?

Here.............. what do you want a aqua roll for:Doh: pull up and over the drain, pull the lever or turn the tap............whoooooosh gone :winky: for the waste.....or pull up to the water tap, hose pipe, turn tap whooooosh done full....or have you changed your name by depol from Dave to Gunga Din

Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I'd say, if you need one, then you are staying in one place too long for a MH therefore you should have bought a caravan.

Brian...is correct you have purchased a Tourer for Touring....not a static:Doh:

Mel

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I fill up the truck at the service point after we arrive back
But before bed time :thumb:

When the pump packed up last year
Used a kettle good exercise that was :cry:

It's the first thing and last thing I do when I arrive/leave a site. If I run out during the week I drive very slowly to the fill up point and use a hose unless it is the night before then I will do two runs with a watering can. Only used the watering can once so far...

So the answer is no :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hilda,

How long have you been motorhoming? just because you think you have gone upmarket with a Rapido, no need for newbie questions:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Aquarolls are just too big to store.

I tend to cary two extra hoses, and this can negate carrying water but sometimes still borrow others hoses to fill up from a tap that's just too far away.

Sometimes like Chester this weekend, your just too far away from the tap and just need water for flushing or a quick shower, for this I just use a 5 gallon container and a submersible pump which will push it in for me. I'm still strong enough to carry this quite a few hundred metres but a foldaway sack trolley will do for when I can't cope, which won't be too long now, I think I was changing hands every 20 paces yesterday:roflmto:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Ooooeeeerrrrr I`ve got one, it`s left over from when we had a caravan,
I don`t always use it cos I got a watterin can and anose pipe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Might sound the wrong way around but we have a 40 litre aquaroll for the Stumpy the caravan and a 29 litre aquaroll for the 5'er - we have tried all sorts of ideas for the 5'er but in the end found you cannot beat the aquaroll for that odd bit of water. we always fill up on arrival at site but you can guarantee that the day before you go you need just a few more litres to see you to the end of the visit and the tap is always 20 feet farther away than the length of all the hoses we carry put together - OR tis the otherside of the road and when the hoses are all laid out everyone and their uncle want to drive past.​

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Do use an aquaroll with a submersible pump to fill up when impossible or inconvenient to get to tap. Some CL/CS have taps in the most inconvenient places.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
They are fantastic.............mine is brilliant..I wouldnt be without it !

Its for sale on ebay right now

barry:Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
20 ltr container

I use the 20 ltr container and a submersible pump... I (as often seen) put the plastic container on the foot base of the disabled scooter and go to the tap with a short hose and fill it... back to the RV and park beside the filler unit and put the submersible in the plastic container and pump the water in to the RV's tank. normally do 2 or 3 runs to top it up over a weekend.. Ezzie sure drinks a lot of water.

Have been known to do a water run for others if they needed it.. some ask.. some just struggle:winky:

Bob:Blush:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
If there is no water hook up we use an Aquaroll.

We use an 40ltr Aquaroll as the tank on the MH is far too small at only 45ltrs.. As you can see, the Aquaroll almost doubles the available amount of water. Using the submersible pump it tops up the tank on demand.

Having enquired about having the 2012 spec tank fitted (90ltrs), Elddis say that it can't be done cos it's too heavy. They haven't replied yet to my question that is the tank too heavy for the mountings or is it the gross weight they are worried about.

We are now looking round for aftermarket tanks.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
There's a simple answer to that. Walk on your feet, not your hands :roflmto:

Dear Jim...

I wish to complain for the above posting by Sundance, its the beer you know. anyhow his minder is back in control.,

I for one would never make any derogatory comment about your follicle challenged head and that you supported a really crap rugby team...

Fancy Sundance suggesting that you cant walk upright, I would ban him if i were you and if you made me an administrator just for a very very short while, I would sort out these uncouth types...

But there you go, it takes all sorts...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back