Awning installers (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have decided to get an awning installed. Can anyone recommend somewhere where near Montrose ? Either from experience or reliable word of mouth. Happy to travel a couple of hours to a site for a weekend if someone would be coming to the site to install on the Saturday. Thanks
Gordon

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
Awning Installation

Dyce Caravans (01224 722227) supplied and fitted a Fiamma awning on my van. They may not be the cheapest but at least you won't have to spend much on fuel.

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
Awning Installation

1100 miles round trip to Robertsbridge. 90 miles round trip to Dyce. No brainer.... John's Cross wins every time!!!

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Believe it or not Johns Cross are looking favourites at the moment. I don't want anyone at JC to take this the wrong way but has anyone here had an awning installed by them? were there any issues?

Long way to return if there are issues. A full explanation will come after a final decision.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Believe it or not Johns Cross are looking favourites at the moment. I don't want anyone at JC to take this the wrong way but has anyone here had an awning installed by them? were there any issues?

Long way to return if there are issues. A full explanation will come after a final decision.

We run the Official Fiamma Stand at the N.E.C. on behalf of Fiamma Italy so that should be a good reference and our workshop lads are Fiamma trained.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012

I have just brought something from them and it was painless, easy to deal with and emails answered ASAP.::bigsmile:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I would happily use them for anything that Van Bitz didn't do.

I would guess that Johns Cross probably get more satisfied customer quotes that any other motorhome dealer.

Use them with confidence

Eddie

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

we had our awning fitted at the Lincoln show a couple of years ago by the JC team, they had to take apart a cupboard in the van to get one of the fixings in ,no damage, no mess and all fitted and shown how to use with in the hour , would recomend:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi

If you fancy driving to Dumfries there are a couple of folk id reccomend my first choice would be RS Caravans ihttp://www.rscaravans.co.uk/ ts a mobile guy who worked at dumfries caravan centre for 20years have used him to fit my bike rack and very happy with job. I also put Mhvirgins on to him and they where very happy with him.
The other would be newfield caravans had my sat dish fitted with him and small jobs and always been happy. They actually help each other out if they are doing big jobs and need a workshop my choice would be to try R.S first.

Your also welcome to pitch up at mine if you decide to use any of them.

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
1100 miles round trip to Robertsbridge. 90 miles round trip to Dyce. No brainer.... John's Cross wins every time!!!

Yip. Johns Cross it was. Excellent service. I would reccomend them in an instant. Very friendly efficient staff. Everyone there seemed to enjoy what they were doing and were very knowledgeable.
Unfortunately the more local installers let themselves down badly. I would have been able to but the awning from Johns Cross and ship it to them for fitting cheaper than they would even supply it. When I suggested this the answer was " We only fit awnings we supply. Otherwise you don't know what your getting".

On this occasion it worked out really well for me as I was heading to the chunnell. Well, after an excellent time in France we will be doing more motorhome trips abroad so will be down that neck of the woods again. If I have any jobs that can wait I may well save them up and head to Johns Cross again.

Many thanks to the Johns Cross team.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007

We had some awning put on our old Autosleeper, the boys turned up at the show, did the job and it was a pleasure to watch two pro's do the work, they made it look easy (same as a carpet fitter) and I have no hesitation in recommending JCMH, even though Biggles is a grumpy old git...

Any issues?
Not really, besided the engineers would not take any money and I had to walk to their stand to pay after the job had been done (all on trust).. So the answer is a big NO.

Hope that helps?

Dave

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
nice part of the world as well

Where JCM are is a nice part of the UK.. not far from Battle or Hastings and you come down through Kent and there are some nice places to stay in this part of the world.

Bob

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Where JCM are is a nice part of the UK.. not far from Battle or Hastings and you come down through Kent and there are some nice places to stay in this part of the world.

Bob
Totally agree Bob. Lovely part of the country. Only thing I would say is that I have heard about someone getting a parking ticket in a car park in Battle. They were overhanging a space so paid double. They were given the ticket and told it should have been two tickets they bought and not just paying double. It made me wary where I parked but it was an excellent visit and a great start to our trip. No hesitation about going back.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back