Thetford C-200 CS: poor flush power (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
First time we've used this toilet in the camper and have to say that the flush is, well: crap !

My comparison is to the Thetford that we had in the caravan, that was a standard unit that had it's own flush reservoir as most caravan toilets do, but on that unit i have to say that the flush quite good and did what it need to do. On this new C-200 the water is supplied from the Camper's main reservoir and It really is a poor water flow, not even reaching all the way round the bowl. During this recent trip out we had to resort to using the shower unit as it wouldn't even flush away 2 sheets of clean loo paper.

Had a search round but couldn't find any obvious links or info on a problem for them but as the camper has to go back in to the stealers in a few weeks I'd like to know what the potential are so that I can "advise" them.....

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
It was the main pump ! It was in today for some warranty work so I got them to check it and they replaced the pump. It had been damaged during the winter as it wasn't drained properly, by them as it was their rental MH..... They started to blame me saying that i hadn't drained the system, about 20 seconds later they realized that was a mistake, OK i got a coffee out of it:ROFLMAO: oh and a new pump that works and now flushes the toilet:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
First time we've used this toilet in the camper and have to say that the flush is, well: crap !

My comparison is to the Thetford that we had in the caravan, that was a standard unit that had it's own flush reservoir as most caravan toilets do, but on that unit i have to say that the flush quite good and did what it need to do. On this new C-200 the water is supplied from the Camper's main reservoir and It really is a poor water flow, not even reaching all the way round the bowl. During this recent trip out we had to resort to using the shower unit as it wouldn't even flush away 2 sheets of clean loo paper.

Had a search round but couldn't find any obvious links or info on a problem for them but as the camper has to go back in to the stealers in a few weeks I'd like to know what the potential are so that I can "advise" them.....

not sure if this is relevent but for my MH if the battery is a bit low in charge and is not parked relatively level The motor/pump will not flush water all the way round

Johnnie Gee

Free Member
May 1, 2009
Near Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Low flush supply to Thetford

Hi,
I had a similar problem with my Hymer 584 after being laid up over winter.:Doh:
It turned out to be a blocked filter under the bowl.
There was brown stuff (not that kinda brown stuff)coming out instead of flush water.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Removed the bowl, checked the pump.. Ok, flushed out the tubes, cleaned the filter.
Putting the bowl back wasn't easy, but got it back eventually.:Eeek:
Worked great after that:thumb::thumb:
Hope this helps

JJG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back