Broadlands house, Appletree exibitions (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We are currently at the broadland house motorhome and caravan show and we paid the £7.50 a day EHU which is expensive but in the round up of things makes it £19 a night so not too bad we thought, we could be paying more on a campsite easter time.
What we were not told is the current is switched off from 11 pm till 8am so thats 9 hours of EHU we are not getting.
The Comedian at last nights show was good and the group that were playing were also good but the stalls caravans and motorhomes on offer cannot come up to the standard of the amount shown at say the western motorhome show.
There was no literature telling us what was on as to the entertainment, only A4 flyers posted around the camp site in strategic places.
Warners have got it right giving you leaflets giving you information of what to expect and the surrounding area's.
I dont think we will be attending any more of Appletree exibitions again.
We are most put out with paying for electric and then the plug pulled for 9 hrs a night.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Interesting that because under the Resale of Electricity Act a supplier is NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE MORE than he pays and make a profit, and that goes right back to the original supplier.

On a daily useage of 15 hours per day you could not have used £7-50 worth of electric.

They should be reported for overcharging

Peter

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We are currently at the broadland house motorhome and caravan show and we paid the £7.50 a day EHU which is expensive but in the round up of things makes it £19 a night

To add to what Peter said, it is also illegal to sell separate .. according to the Act it must be all included in the pitch fee

Electricity
New regulations set by the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem) prevent organisations selling-on electricity at higher prices than they paid for it. Ofgem says the rises are necessary because of changes brought about by the Utilities Act 2000. Now, power can only be resold at the same price it was bought for - whatever that may be, as rates vary between suppliers - otherwise known as MRP (maximum resale price).
Ofgem says the new rules are needed due to the switch from regional electricity boards to a competitive market. And although MRP is aimed mainly at preventing landlords from profiteering at the expense of their tenants, it applies equally to site owners offering hook-ups.
[HI]Electricity charges must now be included in the pitch fee. [/HI]This has caused a furore among part of the touring fraternity, as some do not use electricity on site, and yet now have to pay for it.

Or metered, as some sites are now doing, which I have said all along was a fairer way to charge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
I think you will find they didn't buy it it was produced by their own generators so was not supplied by the national grid which maybe makes a difference cheers Rod

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Also when paying for electricity when you don't need it Simple don't go on a site that charges for leccy when you don't need it cheers Rod

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
It is supplied by generators spread accross the field

Carreraboy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2011
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We were thinking of popping in on the way home tomorrow, are there many stalls there and bearing in mind the forecast, are they under cover? The website is pretty lacking in details :Angry:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I think you will find they didn't buy it it was produced by their own generators so was not supplied by the national grid which maybe makes a difference cheers Rod

yes, that would certainly make a difference.. and perhaps the high cost..

without being privy to the hire and running costs of the generator(s) they are using it may well be justified..

at the end of the day we either accept and pay up, or say stuff it.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
yes, that would certainly make a difference.. and perhaps the high cost..

without being privy to the hire and running costs of the generator(s) they are using it may well be justified..

at the end of the day we either accept and pay up, or say stuff it.

Yes we accepted it as the costs of staying on a different site would have cost more as it is Easter and we got into the show each day for free.

The cost of generators that size must be huge so perhaps thats the reason for the cost.

It's different anyway than being on a campsite, so we will just enjoy the experience.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We were thinking of popping in on the way home tomorrow, are there many stalls there and bearing in mind the forecast, are they under cover? The website is pretty lacking in details :Angry:

There are a few stalls and motorhomes and caravans, the usual array but seeing as the weather is going to be awful and they are not under cover a lot of them might well go early, don't quote me on that they might have to stay if there are rules telling them they cant go till the end of day.
A lot of the campers have left today.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
What i must say is although the show is small the setting is lovely & the toown is very nice also the entertainment was ok we came in about 7-30 but the prize for one line of bingo was £45 & full house was £140 so somebody had a good weekend if the weather had been good then & we could have sat out i think it could have been ok i agree the info was a bit vague but i think we would go again cheers Rod

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back