Free Member
Dec 10, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Swift Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2002
Big thanks to 'wozzer' for recommending Motorhomes UK, Bamber Bridge, Preston. who have just done a super job replacing the inside wall of my Swift Sundance after suffering dampness via the awning rail sealing failure. All the rails were removed and re-sealed to prevent further problems and, as I was promised, we did'nt know they had been in the van! My vehicle is 9 years old so I suppose I could expect some problems, but a couple of the vehicles in the workshop were worse than mine and only 12 months old. Why are the manufacturers failing on these common problems?:Angry:
Arthur.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why are the manufacturers failing on these common problems?:Angry:
Arthur.

Stupidity and the price of labour.

It seems to me they prefer to let the dealer and the first owner finish off production rather than spend on QA labour.

You may have noticed that it extends to railway safety from a recent court case.

It extends to the likes of Tesco. They up your bill by 10% and allow "wastage" rather than employ security staff.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Big thanks to 'wozzer' for recommending Motorhomes UK, Bamber Bridge, Preston. who have just done a super job replacing the inside wall of my Swift Sundance after suffering dampness via the awning rail sealing failure. All the rails were removed and re-sealed to prevent further problems and, as I was promised, we did'nt know they had been in the van! My vehicle is 9 years old so I suppose I could expect some problems, but a couple of the vehicles in the workshop were worse than mine and only 12 months old. Why are the manufacturers failing on these common problems?:Angry:
Arthur.
Water ingress as been around for years, the manufacturing companys as been aware of this problem for many years on MH and Caravans, some have made the sealings wider and look good, but othrer's still use the same thin sealings, it must be hard to get a tight seal when MHs & caravans are designed to flex whilst traveling, i check our seals once a year and check inside with a damp meter, the best sealant i have found real good is marine sealent it dont give in to flexing! i tried it on rubber boots 1st in the winter months before i used on the MH, well impressed and no ingress at all , been using it now for the last 8 odd years, CHeers Alf.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Arthur.

I know my spellings bad put glad you got it sorted YOSSER

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Arthur.

I have found that this is a Standard water feature with Swift They leak

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back