LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wow !! Might be an old un', might need a bit of TLC, but that is one hellova lot of van !!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A big beast indeed.. a lotta van for £9k

I wonder if the mileage is true .. would make a great project, but being auto would put me off.. I imagine it's a tad thirsty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I could be soooooo tempted with that, it would suit us very well for now, and fulltiming in the future, wonder what the payload is? Good job it aint a dealer, or our Swift would be on its way for a trade in I think.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
This and something else from this seller came up on my ebay searches. All I'd say is look at the feedback. :imoutahere:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Link Removed

Did not think such a beast existed::bigsmile:

A Tag Axle and twin wheels
A Brill Find Top Marks! thought only Trucks had twin wheels and a tag axle, Again Enjoy,:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi can be very awkward if reversing up a sharp slope like an entrance way . we had one as a recovery truck . ok on flat long distance work but evil just getting into our entrance. lost traction very easily. also you have to wach the old mercs for severe rust.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hmm i suppose it only drives on the middle axle then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I could be soooooo tempted with that, it would suit us very well for now, and fulltiming in the future, wonder what the payload is? Good job it aint a dealer, or our Swift would be on its way for a trade in I think.

Our S700 is basically the same layout. It has a payload for 1300kg so that should in theory be at least the same. It looks like it has had some updating as it stands, as the toilet is a swivel not a fixed bench or porta potty. The cooker seems to be set higher than the bench/sink ours is level.

John

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This and something else from this seller came up on my ebay searches. All I'd say is look at the feedback. :imoutahere:

Well having looked at the feedback I cannot see much wrong.. Yep, he has had negatives and I reckon 1 ( maybe 2 ) are genuine, but the rest are just the usual eBay idiots.. I mean, someone buys a car for £112 that is being sold as spares, and complains !!

Of course the usual applies as per anything bought from fleabay, caveat emptor, but that goes without saying ::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This van was in the Huddersfield area for some time. I went to look at it about 5 or 6 years ago. Was told by the vendor that there was about 12 of them made,but how true this was I don't know. They were a well made van as were all the older S class Hymers.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Well having looked at the feedback I cannot see much wrong.. Yep, he has had negatives and I reckon 1 ( maybe 2 ) are genuine, but the rest are just the usual eBay idiots.. I mean, someone buys a car for £112 that is being sold as spares, and complains !!

Of course the usual applies as per anything bought from fleabay, caveat emptor, but that goes without saying ::bigsmile:
The guy is supposedly running a business but is happy with <90% feedback? He'd look better if he closed that account and started again! He could lose a few of those if he knew his way around ebay but he hasn't. If he doesn't know how to work the medium he is selling through, he shouldn't be using it. While I agree the one about the £112 car does look like the usual illiterate ebayer, the van and the clocked vehicle leave a lot to be desired. (As does his grasp of English)

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I suppose if people are really interested they would go and have a good inspection of the van. There may be some service history to compare with the mileage. I certainly would not worry if his spelling was not the best.

Shirl

OP
OP
meexi

meexi

Free Member
Feb 6, 2012
Angus,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
since 2011
Looking closely at one of the pictures it looks like a twin wheeled middle axle and a single wheeled rear axle or are my eyes playing tricks on me ( i did get a reminder from Specsavers today:ROFLMAO:)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes middle wheel drive . not like those front wheeldrive tags . it was quite common in the 70,s 80,s to build a further axle on the back. gave more weight capacity. but you could have trouble with them . gentle reversing etc wasnt done you had to go for it. if you went on mud that was a real problem. almost as bad as front wheel drive with tag axle .

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
It is the Mercedes 409 Chassis. LxWxH: 7,53m x 2,22m x 2,8m, Grossweight: 4600kg.

The tag axel is only to accomodate the extra overhang lenght from the S700 (on the 410 chassis) which is 7.1m long and has the same grossweight and engine size so the payload may actually be less allowing for the extra bobywork.

If you type Hymer S750 into a search engine there are a few examples of this model.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back