Finding Leisure Battery (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I've been looking for our leisure battery ever since we bought the van and cannot find it anywhere:Doh:its not in the cab area that im sure of having looked 100 times and not under the bench seats which only houses the water pump and under the other bench seat is the heater hot air blower thingy, surely we have one or do we???

Any help on location please:thumb:

Rob & Jane

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Had a look there and there is a battery and its bigger than the one in my car 2.5 sport jag, could this battery run the engine and the electrics fridge ect?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Had a look there and there is a battery and its bigger than the one in my car 2.5 sport jag, could this battery run the engine and the electrics fridge ect?

No, you will definitely have a leisure bettery, mine is under the floor outside , below the passenger seat! So they are in strange places lol!
Have you looked under the passenger seat? inside the van i mean?

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Having looked everywhere on the internet im now thinking its under the carpet somewhere in a compartment between the bench seats, trouble is the carpet is fitted and not with the normal poppers?

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Now thinking unscrew passenger seat to see if its under there:thumb:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Try looking underneath your van, if the battery is below the floor somewhere
you will have a pretty obvious battery shaped and sized box sticking down
underneath. You should then be able to locate how to access it from on top.

regards
Steve:thumb:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
If it's a ducato type van it's usually under the passenger seat. If you slide the seat forward you should be able to see it through a big hole inthe top of the seat base from the back. Or the black plastic front cover should just pull off.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I've been looking for our leisure battery ever since we bought the van and cannot find it anywhere:Doh:its not in the cab area that im sure of having looked 100 times and not under the bench seats which only houses the water pump and under the other bench seat is the heater hot air blower thingy, surely we have one or do we???

Any help on location please:thumb:

Rob & Jane

Hi

Try here

http://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/motorhomes/handbooks

or try contacting Swift direct

Link Removed

Hope that helps

Stickers

Free Member
Jan 1, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Just had a new Ducato and the leisure battery is under the carpet/rubber mat in the passenger footwell... try that if you have a Ducato?

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
in most of the new ducatos the engine battery is under a hatch in the cab floor and the leisure battery is under one of the seats.

but as with most things motorhome it could be anywhere i have even seen them in the bottom of the wardrobe and under the fridge. the only thing for certain is it will either be on the floor or fitted through it.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Just had a new Ducato and the leisure battery is under the carpet/rubber mat in the passenger footwell... try that if you have a Ducato?

This is the engine battery and not the leisure, the battery as stated could be anywhere hence the advice to ask the makers.

If you can find your charging unit and are then able to follow the wires it may well lead you to the leisure battery.

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
:thumb:Found it:thumb:

it was behind me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

under the seat that makes the bed up but under a secret panel with a sticker on it saying AUXILLARY BATTERY:Doh:THANKS EVERYONE:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ahah !!! it was the sticker that had you fooled then yes ! ? !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back