Have we seen this before (A frames again but with Info) (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
British embassy would be a fairly reliable source of info methinks.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so what is new?

Towing a car with a motorhome
Towing a car behind a motor home using an A-frame is illegal in Spain and you will be fined for using one.

so what is new? we have know this for a very one time.... a few of our members have had the fines to confirm the fact.

Bob:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Towing a car with a motorhome
Towing a car behind a motor home using an A-frame is illegal in Spain and you will be fined for using one.

so what is new? we have know this for a very one time.... a few of our members have had the fines to confirm the fact.

Bob:RollEyes:

The fact that it isn't you saying it but someone with a bit more authority?
perhaps that's the bit that's new :winky:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
sorry Bob, didn't mean to sound curt, but lets look at the choices......

1) believe a member of a motorhome forum,

2) believe some articulate information provided on a website by the British embassy?

tough choice,

I told all of them it would not be snowing in Chester this weekend, the sods still checked the weather forecast and i live here.:winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you can lead a horse to water etc., etc.,

2) believe some articulate information provided on a website by the British embassy?

tough choice,

I told all of them it would not be snowing in Chester this weekend, the sods still checked the weather forecast and i live here.:winky:

We all know the saying.. you can lead a horse to water etc., etc., I bet within a week someone will be on the forum asking the same question as always about toads in spain... but it is good for a bit of :reel: need to spice it up now and then...:Blush:

But if you think they will believe what the British Embassy has to say !!!!!! I am sure we have seen actual letters from the Embassy on this and the RVOC about it being illegal... but like you with local weather, they have to put there finger in the electric socket to see if it is live.... non so strange as folk....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

tough choice,

No snow I'll grant you but it looks pretty darn wet.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    69.9 KB · Views: 13

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Aframes as such are not illegal in Spain. It is the fact that you are towing a car on its wheels that is against the law. in that country.

If you choose to speed, park where prohibited or tow a car on an Aframe in Spain, is your choice, and you pay if you are caught.

John

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
No snow I'll grant you but it looks pretty darn wet.

see there you go again, Im packing the van for my 20 min Journey to the race course and not a cloud about ::bigsmile:

hold on, ill be back

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
there you go buttons, this is called the sun taken 5 mins ago outside my front door, forget any forecast and trust me,,:winky:

we have water up here too, would you like me to pipe some down for you?

in a while, just getting the hose pipe out for a bit of fun, might just leave it on all night :party2::beer:

Attachments

• for buttons.jpg
    for buttons.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 14
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
there you go buttons, this is called the sun taken 5 mins ago outside my front door, forget any forecast and trust me,,:winky:

we have water up here too, would you like me to pipe some down for you?

in a while, just getting the hose pipe out for a bit of fun, might just leave it on all night :party2::beer:
I like your style Paul great picture but that sun does look a bit wintry to me, are you sure about this no snow prediction. :Cool:
The only thing I'm using the hose for at the moment is the cement mixer, any chance of finding out if that is legal of not.:Cool: Lovely down here in the south by the way.:Cool:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
for us it is called being retired

:Eeek::Eeek: never.. Bob, how could you even think such an outrageous idea ... Paul has a day job.. not like some of us with nothing else to do all day :Blush:

For us Jim it is called being retired... but it is amazing how many functors seem to be on the site when they are at work.... mind you have not heard from Mrs Dodgey in her punch breaks of late... I wonder if Simon knows why????

Bob:Blush:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Sorry to disagree Paul but I still say at the moment its not so black and white as we know

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/CaravansTrailersCommercialVehicles/DG_192285

it says
Towing a car using an A-frame or dolly
If you attach an A-frame to a car in order to tow it with a larger vehicle, the car plus A-frame counts as a trailer.
If you use a dolly to tow a broken-down vehicle, the dolly counts as a trailer.
In both cases the usual safety regulations for trailers apply.

this is in the UK
so at the moment my take on that is its legal here as its a trailer, and its legal to tow a trailer in Spain as we know

So the manufacturers of these aframes should be challenging this in the Spanish courts as Italy seems to want to fine people also with their bent police making money from fines

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Sorry to disagree Paul but I still say at the moment its not so black and white as we know

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/CaravansTrailersCommercialVehicles/DG_192285

it says
Towing a car using an A-frame or dolly
If you attach an A-frame to a car in order to tow it with a larger vehicle, the car plus A-frame counts as a trailer.
If you use a dolly to tow a broken-down vehicle, the dolly counts as a trailer.
In both cases the usual safety regulations for trailers apply.

this is in the UK
so at the moment my take on that is its legal here as its a trailer, and its legal to tow a trailer in Spain as we know

So the manufacturers of these aframes should be challenging this in the Spanish courts as Italy seems to want to fine people also with their bent police making money from fines

WHY ME....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::helptitanic::cry-smile::Confused::Confused::wooo::wooo::imoutahere:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Right, that's it, Im off to Chester now, pick up Nikki get LPG from Morrisons, and im on my way,,,
without Aframe because I havn't had me tow bar fitted yet///:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Right, that's it, Im off to Chester now, pick up Nikki get LPG from Morrisons, and im on my way,,,
without Aframe because I havn't had me tow bar fitted yet///:thumb:
You could always run back and get the car when you get there.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Let's wield the big wooden spoon again - for fun! :thumb:

If you read the document properly it ONLY applies if you are registering your car for a period of over 6 months in Spain!:Cool:

Incoming :boxing: :secret:

Dick

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I still say you were fishing

WHY ME....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::helptitanic::cry-smile::Confused::Confused::wooo::wooo::imoutahere:

Paul I still say you were fishing... you thought, I know what I will bait the line with a nice big worm call A frames and see how many you catch:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back