Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Having the Car and Bikes already done over a period of time i thought the Campers rear lights could do with an upgrade, at £1.60 a pair inc delivery a no brainer.
Have fitted the main three either side just need to do the small ones now.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Here you go Bob, about two weeks to arrive, all work perfectly and a very bright white;

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Just 2 questions
do these bulbs contain resistors to keep the bulb failure system on newer vans happy? otherwise you get warning lights on and in some cases when towing trailer lights wont work
what did you use for the stop/tail lights, as most that ive seen use a dual filament type so would restrict the number of LEDs available for tail and also brake light. a bit concerned that these wont be bright enough

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Seems like a great deal....I just wonder how they do it at the price as the carriage must be at least the price they are charging for the lamps and delivery together.

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Just 2 questions
do these bulbs contain resistors to keep the bulb failure system on newer vans happy? otherwise you get warning lights on and in some cases when towing trailer lights wont work
what did you use for the stop/tail lights, as most that ive seen use a dual filament type so would restrict the number of LEDs available for tail and also brake light. a bit concerned that these wont be bright enough

Hi there, mine is 2003 so pre Can Bus but my car and bikes use those but are easy to source. These cannot be used with Can Bus for the reasons you state.
Mine are single filament so have changed 3 per side with 2 smaller each side still to do as a differing type.

Hope that helps,
Paul

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Seems like a great deal....I just wonder how they do it at the price as the carriage must be at least the price they are charging for the lamps and delivery together.

Sadly cheap labour, very cheap materials and you can guarantee the post cost far more than the parts. Further thoughts also they arrived well packed in a Jiffy bag!

I have visited China a number of times and the prices they buy materials for (as usually rubbish) is scary.

Regards,

Paul

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I was warned to not put them in the RV

I was warned not to put them in the RV .... as it might effect the trailer lights. I wonder if I can put them on the trailer????

Bob

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I was warned not to put them in the RV .... as it might effect the trailer lights. I wonder if I can put them on the trailer????

Bob

Hi Bob, if you have std bulbs in there why not indeed.
Regards,
Paul
ps at this price if you get a problem, which you wont, then no worries.,

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Finally found some sensibly priced rear sidelight bulbs, mine has 4 in the rear not counting the side mounted ones;

Link Removed

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
The Sidelights finally arrived so finished now,
Thanks to all,

Attachments

• photo12.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 30

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I rather like the look of these and fancy installing them - for reliability and brightness.

I have a slight concern about something I recall from a former part of my life - I remember there being a non-endorsable fixed penalty code for having Non e-marked lights. Now perhaps the new LED technology has overtaken that legislation, but are the any MOT examiners in the forum who could comment on this bit?

Somehow, though, I doubt any examiner of police officer is going to remove the lens of a working lamp just to look for a miniscule e-mark.

Steve

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi Steve,
i thought that was for lenses ?
I had a chat with the MOT people here before i bought any and they said that bulbs are not an inspection item unless there not working obvioulsy so just carry on so they say,
Cheers,

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I followed a fantastic truck back yesterday

On the A303 I had a british truck.. actually it belonged to Robertsons trawlers and was carrying scallops according to the writing on the back of the trailer.. he had three lights each side ..mass of led brake and indicators. Could see him miles off.

Bob

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Hi Steve,
i thought that was for lenses ?
I had a chat with the MOT people here before i bought any and they said that bulbs are not an inspection item unless there not working obvioulsy so just carry on so they say,
Cheers,

Hi Paul

Googling the phrase sent me to Broken Link Removed. Given that eBay are probably the biggest source of these lamps you can draw your own conclusions. I think I am with you on this, don't expect any problems.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back