New member with Autotrail Chieftain (1 Viewer)

Ceephax

Free Member
Feb 19, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt & Classic
Exp
15 years
Hi all,

i have recently purchased a 1991 Autotrail Chieftain on a Mercedes 410d chassis. It's left hand drive and comes with a 2.9 tdi engine (TB Turbo retrofit)

We have had (and still have) a 1972 VW Devon Moonraker that has been retired to the garage for classic use but it's safe to say I am overwhelmed with the size and features in the Chieftain...little things like water, heating, power steering, travelling in comfort with family and dogs, oven, fridge etc etc

Trouble is though, it came with no paperwork as the dealer had bought it from bankrupt stock, but has refitted the interior with all new fridge freezer, oven, shower and overhauled mechanically.

Are there any other Chieftain owners here or even similar Autotrail versions on the 207/308 chassis that could help with a few questions?

Thanks

Dylan

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Dylan :welcome: to fun, cant help with your question, but I'm sure someone will. ::bigsmile:

You cant go far wrong with a Mercedes. :thumb:

You will have to get along to a rally or meet sometime. ::bigsmile: Bob.

:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Dylan and welcome to MHF

We had a AUtotrail Scout SE on a mercedes, and now have the Chieftan G on a 06 plate, I being the no brains of the crew have exactly that, hubby on the other hand pretends to know it all. But I think that is a man thing! So, please feel free to ask away and if between us we cannot answer then I do also have a friend that works at Autotrail (desk job) so hopefully between us and other Autotrail owners we may be able to shed some light on your queries.

best regards
Andrea

OP
OP
C

Ceephax

Free Member
Feb 19, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt & Classic
Exp
15 years
Hi, well the main problem I have is heating. Boiler works and flame is fine. Water heats up and pumps around the sinks ( a bit bubbly to start but better now)

However, there seem to be radiators around the interior but I can't see how they work. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dylan

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
welcome to FUN I am sure once people get back from the Easter break someone will be able to help, good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi all,

i have recently purchased a 1991 Autotrail Chieftain on a Mercedes 410d chassis. It's left hand drive and comes with a 2.9 tdi engine (TB Turbo retrofit)

We have had (and still have) a 1972 VW Devon Moonraker that has been retired to the garage for classic use but it's safe to say I am overwhelmed with the size and features in the Chieftain...little things like water, heating, power steering, travelling in comfort with family and dogs, oven, fridge etc etc

Trouble is though, it came with no paperwork as the dealer had bought it from bankrupt stock, but has refitted the interior with all new fridge freezer, oven, shower and overhauled mechanically.

Are there any other Chieftain owners here or even similar Autotrail versions on the 207/308 chassis that could help with a few questions?

Thanks

Dylan
if the dealer DID (unlikely due to cost) renew all the appliances then they should also have all the manuals.....they are part and parcel of the appliance packs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back