R U happy with your current wheels? (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well R U?:winky:

Best thing i even did buying my little A Class Tabbert ::bigsmile::thumb: done 10K kilometers in under 6 months and still very happy.:sin::coolthumb:

Had couple of minor hiccups but she has had some hard driving.......::bigsmile:riving2::whistle:

I have no plans to change just an upholstery refit, not worn out just want an update.....:Smile::winky:

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
yes very happy with ours but only got it in december

had a few little problems but all sorted out by the dealer :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yep, were happy, were back small again, our little Hymer will go anywhere and no pitch is too small. We just did 10 weeks and 3000 miles. Purrrfect..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I am very happy with mine. ::bigsmile:

I just love the huge U shaped lounge, that can be either two large single beds or one huge kingsize.

Hubby was thinking of an island bed, but, I would not want one.

U shaped lounges are just sooooo versatile.

Love it:thumb:

Lesley

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
As usual I am always looking at other A class set-ups and think...Oooo I like that better (never happy!...lol). My hubby would kill me if I said I wanted to change it ( he doesn't do motorhoming !!! ) At the moment I will stick with what I have and see how the setup works for me and my mutts.....

I should be banned from looking at MH's....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shirl

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
YEP :thumb: after 5 yrs plus still very happy bunnies :thumb:
terry

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes, we have had it 6 years come Friday. Just a minor damp problem and water leak but all sorted now. May sell it at the end of summer but, I have said that for 3 years now.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yes, we have had it 6 years come Friday. Just a minor damp problem and water leak but all sorted now. May sell it at the end of summer but, I have said that for 3 years now.

Don't do it Dave:Angry:you know i make sense:winky::thumb:

Sometimes:Blush::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yep, very happy with our Bessacarr e765p.

Ticks all our boxes, large lounge at the front for entertaining or slobbing, and huge gorgeous beautiful fixed corner bead, no jumping up climbing all over each other for the loo if we drank too much just fall and collapse :Blush:

Will we change it?
Certainly not now, this is the last year when Harley will be coming with us, George has already stopped (unless its a big holiday of course) so Nikki and I are looking forward to enjoying each other again on plenty of weekend's away together at running races, craft fairs, Car shows, Music events.....fitting in the Fun meets is about to get a whole lot tougher after October. :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
yip, very happy with my small caravan John .. :thumb:

have all comforts of a motorhome, but no tax, no MOT, no expensive servicing .. as a bonus, we have a nice car for day trips.. that does 30mpg ..

the days of big thirsty RVs are well and truly over for us.. but may buy a small PVC when Chaz flies the nest.. ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
yip, very happy with my small caravan John .. :thumb:

have all comforts of a motorhome, but no tax, no MOT, no expensive servicing .. as a bonus, we have a nice car for day trips.. that does 30mpg ..

the days of big thirsty RVs are well and truly over for us.. but may buy a small PVC when Chaz flies the nest.. ::bigsmile:

Would think that is par for the course for many Jim. I know it's now something Nikki and I consider before agreeing to go to a meet.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi john . had my trailer 12 yrs now . changed from a vw lt to the mitzy but still have the vw. cant think of a better outfit. goes most places . ideal for your last trip. think how many cartons of wine you could have taken with you .ha ha . see you soon .

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
More than happy with our van, nice big front lounge, and lovely comfortable fixed rearbed also drop down bed over lounge great. ::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Had ours 3 years this Summer and haven't seen anything we would swap for. Only thing I have is that its a bit big, but anything smaller would either not have the fixed bed or the large washroom, both of which we consider highly desirable if not essential.:Smile:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Yes.
We've lived in our A-class for over a year now. No intention of changing - she's perfect.
AND she's just passed the mot, costing just £3.09 for a cv gaiter ... at 21 years old.

:thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Happy with mine even though i was going to just buy and sell it straight away. :Eeek:
Never been caravaning or motorhoming before--this one came up cheap in work that needed paint work doing--i was going to repair /clean and re sell- BUT--
My beloved suggested that we give it a run while i had it--- well now i have been warned NOT to sell :thumb:
I must admit, i like it and where it takes us and the toddlers too most weekends :thumb:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
We love our Knaus:thumb: Right balance between size to drive and get places and interior size for long trips.Feels like luxury inside with so much light and every mod con.We have no intention of changing for five or so years....but the new Knaus do look very tempting!:RollEyes::thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Very happy with our Hymer had it 2 years now and really grown to love it. We made a concious decision to go back from a 2008 RV which we liked to a 2002 German because we were fed up of poor quality and the cost of fuel and the size issues.
Our biggest fear after owning 3 Rvs was would we be able to cope with less space as our journeys tend to be on average 3 months and we carry a lot of stuff:Doh: We soon discovered we have everything the RV had, big lounge, kitchen with oven and grill, fixed bed, huge bathroom, masses of storage, bigger payload and a garage for our m/bike so no more towing or racks hanging off the back. The only thing thats different is the space in between all these things. The layout is'nt perfect but probably as close as we can get in 25ft although we are speaking to Hambilton at the moment about making a couple of changes before we head off to Scandinavia next year.
Would we change? yes if we had enough money to have one built from scratch to our own spec but we don't buy lottery tickets so looks like we'll stick with this one for a few years yet.:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
yep, still happy after 3 years, I was toying with the idea of going for the same layout but bigger tag axle arapaho this year, but in truth the extra lenght would be a handicap, and the mpg probilbly up to 10% less due to the extra weight, and my wife bought me the new regisration plate so cant realy change it now

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Now on our third RV , had this one from new two years and its a beauty, travelled 2k around Spain this winter + another 7k in UK since new , does everything we need :thumb::thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I love our Buck and it's here to stay but there are a couple of things I would change:-

1. Perhaps a fixed bed, but I love the U shaped.
2. Proper shower room.
3. Perhaps a bit more power.

It sailed through the MOT and service and the hab check and has just done 3,000 miles wiithout a hiccup. We've done 18,000 miles in just over 2 years so who's grumbling? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Yes, happy with ours, u-shaped lounge, centre table set up, over cab bunk when we have company!

As it's just the two of us, we keep the rear r-shaped lounge area as a fixed bed. We tend to sit and the centre table in the evenings. The over cab large double is great for storing all the cushions, quilts etc etc. It sleeps 6, but that will never happen!

Just one thing puzzles me:RollEyes: One of us, (usually me) has to climb over the other one to go to the loo:Blush: However, with the fixed beds that we saw in other vans, someone still has to climb over somebody to get up for the loo.

To my mind, unless you have two singles or a central bed, then you can't avoid the "climb over" in the middle of the night. It's easier just to wake hubby up and ask him to move though:Blush:

Perhaps the solution is to cut down on the liquid consumption in the evening:roflmto::roflmto:
Margaret:Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Can't find anything on the market that ticks the boxes ours does!
Perfect layout (for us!), loads of storage, laughs at cold conditions, big shower, big water tanks, big fridge, big beds, cruise control, excellent diesel boiler/heating, RWD, ESP/traction control, good kitchen, no leaks!
We couldn't ask for more!:thumb:

The only thing we would change it for is an A-class with the same layout and RWD. It doesn't exist! :Sad:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I'm over the moon with mine. Hasn't cost me a bean in fuel for 6 months.

Haven't seen it since October. Must have done almost 800 miles now and we've been out in it at least twice. Best 40K I ever spent.......:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Wheels are fine.

Love the wheels-nice alloys ::bigsmile:
However van seems to have shrunk whilst at Marjal-so,first stop at Peterborough will be the Geist stand ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We wish we had bought a winterised model but cannot find another with a layout as perfect as the one we have,all the foreign vans seem to have just a small dinette up front with fixed bed, regretfully we are going to have to change soon as Tez is 70 and he can no longer drive a 4t chassis so we are going to HAVE to change, we have looked at downplating but the payload loss would be too great, we love the u shaped lounge at the back that is 2 singles, takes 2 minutes to take cushions off and we have our beds and a place to lounge in the day along with our front dinette to eat.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We wish we had bought a winterised model but cannot find another with a layout as perfect as the one we have,all the foreign vans seem to have just a small dinette up front with fixed bed, regretfully we are going to have to change soon as Tez is 70 and he can no longer drive a 4t chassis so we are going to HAVE to change, we have looked at downplating but the payload loss would be too great, we love the u shaped lounge at the back that is 2 singles, takes 2 minutes to take cushions off and we have our beds and a place to lounge in the day along with our front dinette to eat.

that was the mistake we made.. bought a van with only a dinette ..:Doh:

we had a lovely big toilet and separate shower in the rear, .. but no use when you want to relax .. so I agree about having a U shaped lounge, trying to relax at a diner table is nigh on impossible..many things are a compromise but I wouldn't compromise on daytime relaxing ..

For your next van, lose the dinette and have U shaped lounge with a table .. works well for a couple..

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, i built mine with two 6ft seatings each side of the table .that allows day time relaxing or two single beds or drop the table to have a 6ft by 7ft2ins bed area . you can sleep 4 on . ideal when teenagers come over . here,s a pic .thre seating is up on the neck of the trailer .the kitchen and bed over garage at the back. gives lots of seats around table but ideal for that day time snooze .
these were took 11 years ago .since have added bookcases ,shelves in the corners .just general homely things ,this was on its first trip .

Attachments

• img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 24
  • img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 25

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!