LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
Hi all
I took delivery of our new bessacar e749 last month. Within an hour of collection we had all the warning light illuminated on the dashboard even when you switched off and removed the keys. 300 miles later we cannot lock or unlock the van,3 visits to local fiat dealer later they decide to take a good look that was last week. No communication from them found me on my travels to visit them today for them to tell me it requires a new ecu which would be here after easter:Angry: . On top of this we have a huge list of faults with van which is a swift problem of course. But I'm hopeing swift have improved there customer service.:RollEyes:
But has anyone else had any problems with the new euro 5???

I'm now thinking of asking fiat to build a cl in there yard, it maybe the only time I can get to spend in our new van:Smile::Smile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi we have a 2012 Euro 5 Fiat now with 500 miles on clock. it is an Adria Coral. We were delayed 2 days in picking up as there was a problem with the fuel filter producing the inevitable lights on dash, but it appeared to be due to too low a level of fuel on delivery. other than that drives a dream and so far getting 25 mpg everage, considering the engine is new and tight i am very happy with that.
on The Adria fit so far it has lived upto our expectations of a high quality practical build, which i am again pleased with.
hope your issues get sorted soon.:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Now almost the opposite...!

Autotrail apache 700 2.3 euro5
New van ordered a few days before xmas 2011, collected on Thursday 12 jan 2012. Straight off to a local rally, few days later 400 mile run to Cornwall to buy a used towbar. 31st Jan off to Spain.. !!
Did 3000 miles round trip ::bigsmile: Everything had a good shake down over 2 months inc the Marjal rally..

2 minor issues, First we had an ignition warning light come on but later went out, put it down to maybe damp/water in the fuel. OH and a loose screw on the cooker... I Fixed that myself :thumb:

Fingers crossed now that i haven't tempted fate...:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Now almost the opposite...!

Autotrail apache 700 2.3 euro5
New van ordered a few days before xmas 2011, collected on Thursday 12 jan 2012. Straight off to a local rally, few days later 400 mile run to Cornwall to buy a used towbar. 31st Jan off to Spain.. !!
Did 3000 miles round trip ::bigsmile: Everything had a good shake down over 2 months inc the Marjal rally..

2 minor issues, First we had an ignition warning light come on but later went out, put it down to maybe damp/water in the fuel. OH and a loose screw on the cooker... I Fixed that myself :thumb:

Fingers crossed now that i haven't tempted fate...:Doh:

We had the same experience with an Autotrail Arapaho in 2006 we more or less drove from Stewart Moulands in/near Brighton to Spain, it didn't put a foot wrong. We sold it only because at the time we need to go bigger and bought an RV.

Got a soft spot for auto trails ever since we had our Autotrail Pullman on a talbot, it seemed like we went round the world twice in it. I must dig out some pics of it, it was just like this but maroon stripes rather than blue:thumb:

a.jpg

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Fiat Euro 5

So far, mind we have not done many miles the Fiat side of the motorhome has been good as gold. Not sure about mpg but seems ok at somewhere mid twenties.
MikeD:Smile:

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
we picked up our swift 630 euro 5 just befor newark. no running faults:thumb: but not many miles yet. chester thursday next run. van has list of small habitation faults:Angry: .
checked fiat recall database and 1 outstanding ecu upgrade to be done after easter[to do with management light ilumination .3 hour job]along with towbar fitment and habitation faults. time to see how good the dealer is

2 items i would like to know
if others have had problem with tomtom pairing with cab blue and me
and.
radio aparantly fitted in "van mode" was this same in yours. nothing in instructions but had to resett to get 3 hour useage when ign off otherwise its 20 mins

glyn

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I believe Swift to have the most thorough PDI system in the industry, its the customer that finds all the faults and they eventually have it back to put some of them right:Doh:

All that money for a motorhome or caravan and still they cannot be bothered to sort out quality control .Then there is the supplier who on a PDI should have found them:Eeek:

Write a letter complaining to the ceo tell them what you really think

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
we picked up our swift 630 euro 5 just befor newark. no running faults:thumb: but not many miles yet. chester thursday next run. van has list of small habitation faults:Angry: .
checked fiat recall database and 1 outstanding ecu upgrade to be done after easter[to do with management light ilumination .3 hour job]along with towbar fitment and habitation faults. time to see how good the dealer is

2 items i would like to know
if others have had problem with tomtom pairing with cab blue and me
and.
radio aparantly fitted in "van mode" was this same in yours. nothing in instructions but had to resett to get 3 hour useage when ign off otherwise its 20 mins

glyn

Hi glyn
I havn't tried the blue and me on the sat nav as of yet but I have used it with my iPhone and it works very well. I've had the upgrade done by fiat but cannot give anymore info on that as I don't collect my van from fiat until tomorrow.
I'll attend chester rally then back to fiat for new ecu.. :RollEyes:
As for mpg I'm currently getting 19mpg so it ain't brilliant but it is a big van.
Regards
Alan

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
I believe Swift to have the most thorough PDI system in the industry, its the customer that finds all the faults and they eventually have it back to put some of them right:Doh:

All that money for a motorhome or caravan and still they cannot be bothered to sort out quality control .Then there is the supplier who on a PDI should have found them:Eeek:

Write a letter complaining to the ceo tell them what you really think

I've spoken directly to swift today and they have promised me a call back with development tomorrow morning. But yes I agree 100% there quality control is non existent I ordered this van at nec show last oct complete with towbar and roof rack yet on collection they were no where to be seen. Another minor hiccup they called it. But when you spent £70k+ on there flagship van then where is the quality control:RollEyes:

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
Hi glyn
I havn't tried the blue and me on the sat nav as of yet but I have used it with my iPhone and it works very well. I've had the upgrade done by fiat but cannot give anymore info on that as I don't collect my van from fiat until tomorrow.
I'll attend chester rally then back to fiat for new ecu.. :RollEyes:
As for mpg I'm currently getting 19mpg so it ain't brilliant but it is a big van.
Regards
Alan

mpg on inst panel average over 200mls 28.3 thats around 7mpg better than first trip in my euro4

glyn

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
I've spoken directly to swift today and they have promised me a call back with development tomorrow morning. But yes I agree 100% there quality control is non existent I ordered this van at nec show last oct complete with towbar and roof rack yet on collection they were no where to be seen. Another minor hiccup they called it. But when you spent £70k+ on there flagship van then where is the quality control:RollEyes:

i was told towbar in stock at purchase changed to 5 weeks wait. last herd it should be at dealer today [but i did not get the phonecall !!]

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry for the naive question, but..... is the 2.3 E5 the 130PS version ? Mine was registered last year and is 2.3 130 PS but the current engine here now looks like a 2.0 115PS version.

PS: ours is ex-rental with 8k on the clock

Oct 25, 2008
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Frankia FF2
Exp
since 1999
fiat 2.3 130 euro 5 economy

Had ours 3 months now and done over 3,000 miles. Engine management light came on but Fiat (Desira at Diss) fixed it. Economy OK sofar; 27mpg into headwinds and 30mpg no wind/slight tail wind. Readings from full tank fill ups only. Beginning to loosen up so stays in 6th up nearly all hills with ease. Haven't had foot to floor yet (had old 2.8 before this and did 120,000 in 9 years average 27 mpg).

:RollEyes:

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
Had ours 3 months now and done over 3,000 miles. Engine management light came on but Fiat (Desira at Diss) fixed it. Economy OK sofar; 27mpg into headwinds and 30mpg no wind/slight tail wind. Readings from full tank fill ups only. Beginning to loosen up so stays in 6th up nearly all hills with ease. Haven't had foot to floor yet (had old 2.8 before this and did 120,000 in 9 years average 27 mpg).

:RollEyes:
what was the eng light cause ?? there was a recent ecu fiat recall for light comeing on had this been completed.

Oct 25, 2008
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Frankia FF2
Exp
since 1999
what was the eng light cause ?? there was a recent ecu fiat recall for light comeing on had this been completed.

Don't know, but they did an update (a recall I think) and it didn't take them long. They did check all electrical connections underneath and around the engine. Not happened since so hope it's OK!

lodecsgin

Free Member
May 11, 2012
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
I have just got to 300 miles on my Motorhome. So far no real problems. I do have the niggle that the radio switches off without the ignition on. Can this be changed ?

Bonio123

Free Member
May 31, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year and still enjoying it
Radio switch off

In middle of first outing since taking delivery of bolero 684fb on 1 may

All fine so far apart from radio powering off after 20 mins. Tried resetting. To no avail can anyone offer. A solution to get it to remain onfor three hours as it iss allegedly supposed to?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
You should be able to reprogram the radio through the menu, I know both my car and van have this facility.

Bill

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Our radio doesn't go off at all, we have the 130 maxi fiat ducato, we leave it on for Susie when we go out, cab battery gets charged automatically by the way otherwise we wouldn't do it.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
radio settings 1

I have just got to 300 miles on my Motorhome. So far no real problems. I do have the niggle that the radio switches off without the ignition on. Can this be changed ?

there is a menue setting to allow either switch off with ignition or to go off after set period.

allso to set radio into camper mode. giveing 180 mins use without ignition [most if not all have been supplyed in white van mode of 20 mins]
follow:thumb:

Turn radio on using central ‘power’ button
Within 15 seconds, simultaneously press ‘FM AS’ and preset button ‘2‘. Each time this pair of buttons are pressed, the display will alternate between ‘NORMAL POWER MODE’ and ‘CAMPER POWER MODE’
Ensure that ‘CAMPER POWER MODE’ is displayed, then press ‘MENU’
Using the ‘UP’ and ‘DOWN’ button now changes the display to show various adjustable items. Cycle through the options until ‘RADIO OFF’ and a number of minutes is shown on the display. This will take approx. two presses of the ‘UP’ button or seven presses of the ‘DOWN’ button.
With ‘RADIO OFF’ shown on the display press the ‘LEFT’ or ‘RIGHT’ button. Each press of either button will alternate the number of minutes shown between ‘180’ and ‘0’
With ‘180’ showing on the display the setting is complete and three hours of radio operation should be possible. Press the ‘POWER’ button to exit the menu and return the display to its usual view.

Please note that in ‘NORMAL POWER MODE’ the same subsequent steps detailed above can be followed, to choose between ’20 mins’ and ‘0 mins’ of radio operation.

glyn

Bonio123

Free Member
May 31, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year and still enjoying it
Radio switch off

Many thanks to nifty fifty for that, worked straight away, pity the Fiat literature doesn't mention this!!!

Thanks again:Smile:

spireite

Free Member
Jun 21, 2012
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
newbe
Hello

I took delivery of an Autotrail Apache 700 3 weeks ago, engine warning light on within hours,,,,,been with Fiat for 2 weeks still no joy,,,,,new van so 48 hours away from returning vehicle,,,shame lovely van but brand new ?? be nice to use it,,,,or look at it for that matter

Hi all
I took delivery of our new bessacar e749 last month. Within an hour of collection we had all the warning light illuminated on the dashboard even when you switched off and removed the keys. 300 miles later we cannot lock or unlock the van,3 visits to local fiat dealer later they decide to take a good look that was last week. No communication from them found me on my travels to visit them today for them to tell me it requires a new ecu which would be here after easter:Angry: . On top of this we have a huge list of faults with van which is a swift problem of course. But I'm hopeing swift have improved there customer service.:RollEyes:
But has anyone else had any problems with the new euro 5???

I'm now thinking of asking fiat to build a cl in there yard, it maybe the only time I can get to spend in our new van:Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back