Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I wouldn't like to crack 210 Nm with that torque wrench very often, I've had these cheapy jobs and the ratchet can't handle the torque so teeth break off then your knuckles hit the floor..........hard! Ask me how I know:cry:

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I wouldn't like to crack 210 Nm with that torque wrench very often, I've had these cheapy jobs and the ratchet can't handle the torque so teeth break off then your knuckles hit the floor..........hard! Ask me how I know:cry:

D.
Thanks Dave. Not a tool I've had cause to use very often.

Lamp looks useful.
Now that I can be confident with. We've had one for a couple of years, used mainly as an awning light. In fact, you may have seen at at Lincoln last year John, in the marquee.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
To be fair the most obvious use for a torque wrench is tightening wheel bolts/nuts and most are around 140-160Nm so it could be worth it. If I had a puncture however I'd call my breakdown service to change the wheel.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I agree about calling out the AA to change a wheel if necessary :Smile:

I bought my torque wrench a couple of years ago thinking of wheel changing but was just thinking the other day that it's been more or less stuck in the van unused since then, as has a 6 ton bottle jack I bought with similar thoughts in mind. Looks like they might be prime candidates for the next clear out :Smile:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Broken Link Removed including a torque wrench and a cordless LED work light which is also useful as an awning light.

We found the led light very usefull, we used it instead of Amanda's headlight on her disbilityscooter at meets and shows in the evening, so her batteries on scooter lasted longer

Kate x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back