SuperCharger (1 Viewer)

H

Hobby

Deleted User
Any Comments on the new SuperCharger shown at Newark Show by LEDS4U?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I wasn't at Newark but I bought some light fittings from Ledbulbs4u a few weeks ago and a leaflet for the supercharger was included in the parcel. The light fittings are fine and reasonably priced but the supercharger looked well over priced.

Supposedly "super quiet" but the web site doesn't actually specify the decibel level. If it's owt like a similar looking amateur built equivalent that I've seen/heard in action then it wouldn't meet my definition of super quiet :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I wasn't at Newark but I bought some light fittings from Ledbulbs4u a few weeks ago and a leaflet for the supercharger was included in the parcel. The light fittings are fine and reasonably priced but the supercharger looked well over priced.

Supposedly "super quiet" but the web site doesn't actually specify the decibel level. If it's owt like a similar looking amateur built equivalent that I've seen/heard in action then it wouldn't meet my definition of super quiet :ROFLMAO:

Graham can you elaborate on what the supercharger is please? maybe best to ignore the company details it can be purchased from, as JJ says suspicious.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham can you elaborate on what the supercharger is please? maybe best to ignore the company details it can be purchased from, as JJ says suspicious.

It's a 50 amp 12 volt DC petrol charger very much like the "Green machine" ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Its a 50cc petrol engine (not Honda) connected to a 50amp car alternator with a bit of fancy wiring and an ammeter.

probably costs no more than £200 to make using new parts...especially if the engines and alternators are bought in small bulk orders. :RollEyes:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Its a 50cc petrol engine (not Honda) connected to a 50amp car alternator with a bit of fancy wiring and an ammeter.

probably costs no more than £200 to make using new parts...especially if the engines and alternators are bought in small bulk orders. :RollEyes:

So why woudln't you use your own alternator and a sterling system?:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
So why woudln't you use your own alternator and a sterling system?:winky:
because running a 2500cc diesel engine, or in my case..a 6800cc petrol engine, will use far more fuel than a 50cc engine and as its already connected to fully charged engine battery the output amps will be very low taking a lifetime to charge the leisure battery.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
What is the Green Machine

Its our very own sought after design of a similar model made by our very own designer "Chris Green" Hence the Green machine, ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
because running a 2500cc diesel engine, or in my case..a 6800cc petrol engine, will use far more fuel than a 50cc engine and as its already connected to fully charged engine battery the output amps will be very low taking a lifetime to charge the leisure battery.

Not so, if you know how to do it, :winky:

Not sure I would want to run a 6.9million cc RV to get me 50 amps though.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Supercharger?? I thought this was an electrically powered version of a Turbo Charger?

Wish people would stop re-using words and come up with a new one.

Oh I know... "12V generator":Doh::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I do it with the 4 kw genny and Sterling

Not so, if you know how to do it, :winky:

Not sure I would want to run a 6.9million cc RV to get me 50 amps though.

I can do that with my 4 kw genny and the sterling... or if I am on EHU the sterling does it. But the engine alternator is 140 amps ..massive on the Ford Super Duty chassis.. but as said the engine is 6.9 ltrs....

Bob

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
i bought one at £449 inc vat from newark (approx £375 plus vat which i can get back).wish i had one 32 years when i started my breakdown /recovery busines it would have saved me loads of time and hard work pushing motors out of car parks etc, to load onto lorries that are to big to get to the car .it would have come in very usefull the week before last when i had to dig my rv out of storage just to find ALL MY BATTERIES FLAT.as yet though not used it ,but i will have it with me at peterborough so any one wanting any info feel free to come and see me there:steve.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back