Autotrail control panel probs (1 Viewer)

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Just been away for a few days........the Sargeant control panel on my Autotrail Cheyenne is working fine apart from showing correct water levels in the cold tank and in the waste tank.

It is showing 0% full........even though I know its at least 40% full.
Then it is bleeping to show the water is low. So I have to turn the pump off to stop the bleeping.

I read a tip on line to say dissconnect the panel then reconnect but Im still getting the same.

From a practical point of view all is working well..taps etc. But Im one of those people who likes everything to work as it should.

Any thoughts please ??

barry:Smile:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Just been away for a few days........the Sargeant control panel on my Autotrail Cheyenne is working fine apart from showing correct water levels in the cold tank and in the waste tank.

It is showing 0% full........even though I know its at least 40% full.
Then it is bleeping to show the water is low. So I have to turn the pump off to stop the bleeping.

I read a tip on line to say dissconnect the panel then reconnect but Im still getting the same.

From a practical point of view all is working well..taps etc. But Im one of those people who likes everything to work as it should.

Any thoughts please ??

barry:Smile:

mine never worked when I got M/h, autotrail put new cable in , it worked ok for a while, it dosnt now, if its the pannel do the disconct thing a few times leaving the pannel of for a good 5 mins, sometimes the sensor pins on the inside of the tank get crud sticking accross them and can cause false readings so clean out you tanks, allthough this is less likey on the fresh tank, worse case find the wire going to pins on the tank and disconect them, at lest the allfull beeping will stop.

Mines the otherway arround waist allway show empty and Im allways flooding my pitch:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I've had the same problem and although covered by warranty the fault has returned after replacing the tank sensors.
My temperature reading is also fluctuating and the latest diagnosis I have been given is an earth fault in the Sargent control panel which will be replaced (under warranty).

My alarms were also triggered but all I had to do was press the control panel select button to cancel out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I've had the same problem and although covered by warranty the fault has returned after replacing the tank sensors.
My temperature reading is also fluctuating and the latest diagnosis I have been given is an earth fault in the Sargent control panel which will be replaced (under warranty).

My alarms were also triggered but all I had to do was press the control panel select button to cancel out.

the temperature sensor comes out under the floor near the hab door, again crud can damage this from road muck being thrown back from the front wheels.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back