Kampa Awning Panel Changing Colour (1 Viewer)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
:Doh:So fed up been trying to get onto the Kampa web site via using Google. just keeps coming up website not found. I Have also tried using Bing as well anything to do with Kampa.uk just will not come up on my servers.tried links from other sites still no connection. Spoken to other people and they can get on the site, so is my computer or me doing somthing wrong. other sites with nthe word Kampa comes up but not kampa.uk. Can a funster who is computer techi help? why this is happening.

Thanks Kate

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
::bigsmile:Yeah thanks for the link and it worked this time. but if i try and google it. it wont come up. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You dont want to be to keen...!!!
Some complaints coming Kampa way.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine included....:Sad:

Why have our awnings changed colour ?? Mine after only 21 days use..

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You dont want to be to keen...!!!
Some complaints coming Kampa way.......!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine included....:Sad:
Why have our awnings changed colour ?? Mine after only 21 days use..

Dunno, didnt buy it from me, if yiou did, you could return it or get a discount, whatever..............................

Peter

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Dunno, didnt buy it from me, if yiou did, you could return it or get a discount, whatever..............................

Peter

I know.. But it's being dealt with.. Same consumer rights apply..:thumb:

ps.. I did actually buy it cheaper, sorry to say even with the Fun discount..
AND the motorhome that I bought in January was MUCH cheaper that JC quoted me...
You cant win em all, Peter...

Get me next time... :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I know.. But it's being dealt with.. Same consumer rights apply..:thumb:

ps.. I did actually buy it cheaper, sorry to say even with the Fun discount..
AND the motorhome that I bought in January was MUCH cheaper that JC quoted me...
You cant win em all, Peter...

Get me next time... :thumb:

Price is not the be all and end all, its the after sales service that counts when things go wrong :thumb:

Peter

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
As most of you know we bought the motorally Kampa xl awning for our motorhome.
Our awning has changed colour. Ours is the middle panel. Contacted Kampa who told us we should go to our supplier:Sad:. Our supplier is changing it for us. This awning has been a great asset, we would not want to be without it. Hope the new one doesn't change colour.:Sad:

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
:Doh:So fed up been trying to get onto the Kampa web site via using Google. just keeps coming up website not found. I Have also tried using Bing as well anything to do with Kampa.uk just will not come up on my servers.tried links from other sites still no connection. Spoken to other people and they can get on the site, so is my computer or me doing somthing wrong. other sites with nthe word Kampa comes up but not kampa.uk. Can a funster who is computer techi help? why this is happening.

Thanks Kate

Hi Kate, I have had problems getting onto the Kampa site as well, so I hope there is no problem as we have just ordered one to be delivered to Spain!

Are you home yet??

Ginny and Mike

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Kate, glad youve got it changed.

Ours is still okay its been up over 3 weeks now so touch wood.

They are such great awnings its a shame to have any hassle with them.

Pat

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
To me, those pictures look like the material or waterproofing chemicals used are reacting with the uv in the suns rays. The colour change is likely to be just the first stage, and may well lead to loss of waterproofing in time. Ive seen this over the years with tents and other awnings

Get it replaced fully whilst still under warranty

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
To me, those pictures look like the material or waterproofing chemicals used are reacting with the uv in the suns rays. The colour change is likely to be just the first stage, and may well lead to loss of waterproofing in time. Ive seen this over the years with tents and other awnings

Get it replaced fully whilst still under warranty

Ours was up less than 7 days when it changed, February in Benidorm isnt exactly hot or even long days of sunshine to be any where near excessive UV exposure !. Another rally group member who has the same disscoloring mentioned that the changed panel seemed to have excessive moisture on it..
We bought ours after seeing Ambilkates a few times and making do with our shorter caravan style awning. Many people commented on how good they looked, quality and they fit really well to motorhomes that have the awning rails set high above 2.5mtr..
I even bought mine while on a quick trip back to the UK and carried it back out on the plane. :Doh:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
doesnt say good things about the manufacturers quality testing procedures does it? Hopefully their warranty will hold water even if their products dont :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Kate, I have had problems getting onto the Kampa site as well, so I hope there is no problem as we have just ordered one to be delivered to Spain!

Are you home yet??

Ginny and Mike

Yes we are home thanks. I finally got on the web site via the link popeye put on for me at the begining of this thread.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Our awning has changed colour. Ours is the middle panel. Contacted Kampa who told us we should go to our supplier:Sad:. Our supplier is changing it for us. This awning has been a great asset, we would not want to be without it. Hope the new one doesn't change colour.:Sad:

View attachment 12157

View attachment 12158

Just thought i would put a picture of the awning to show the outside doesnt change colour only the inside:Sad: still waiting for our awning to be delivered:Sad:

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Come on Kampa ,,,,,!!!

My dealer said they passed you the details of my problem..
No responce off anyone as yet..:Angry:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006

View attachment 12157

View attachment 12158

Still not got our new awning, been promised its been despatched and will be with us tommorow. 9 days including a weekend, ahh well we wait to see:Sad: supposed to be taking grandkids away over easter, extra space essential:Sad:

Kate

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Still not got our new awning, been promised its been despatched and will be with us tommorow. 9 days including a weekend, ahh well we wait to see:Sad: supposed to be taking grandkids away over easter, extra space essential:Sad:

Kate

use the old one till the new one comes:Cool::Cool:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Still got mine but very little help off dealer, no replies to last 2 emails and i had to call them today to try and get some answers.. Looks like it going back next week for a refund..

Kampa have allegedly been passed the details but not response off them as yet... Only been a week.. !!

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Still got mine but very little help off dealer, no replies to last 2 emails and i had to call them today to try and get some answers.. Looks like it going back next week for a refund..

Kampa have allegedly been passed the details but not response off them as yet... Only been a week.. !!

It will be interesting to see how many more there will be with the same problem, these awnings were new for last year, i know quite a lot purchased from the motorhomeshows. They proberbly have not had the chance to use them over winter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back