Urgent question re pacemaker (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Last weekend I had a fainting episode in Brighton (atrial flutter), was taken into hospital and have have a pacemaker fitted to avoid a recurrence of this in the future.
The blurb I have been given says I should not drive for a week and must inform DVLA.

I drive my MH GVW 4000kg on C1 grandfatherr rights, but the DVLA form only mentions a Group 1 licence. There is a separate, more complicated arrangement for HGV/PSV licence holders but of course I don't hold these licences.

Any pacemaker wearers, with motorhomes over 3500kg who can advise please ??

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've PMd someone who has one fitted, I'd rather not name him on the forum as if some of the women he chats up knew he had one they'd worry about him.....

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My motorhoming chum discovered he needed one because his resting heart rate was extremely low. His is being fitted on Thursday and home in the evening. Thats amazing almost as good as Kwik Fit!
I can't comment on the motorhome.I don't know the weight of his,he has been off driving for the last month.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Thanks a bunch Jim...now my secret is out !!

Last weekend I had a fainting episode in Brighton (atrial flutter), was taken into hospital and have have a pacemaker fitted to avoid a recurrence of this in the future.
The blurb I have been given says I should not drive for a week and must inform DVLA.

I drive my MH GVW 4000kg on C1 grandfatherr rights, but the DVLA form only mentions a Group 1 licence. There is a separate, more complicated arrangement for HGV/PSV licence holders but of course I don't hold these licences.

Any pacemaker wearers, with motorhomes over 3500kg who can advise please ??

This happened to me, in Stornoway !!!!...:Doh: Same treatment same advice....I notified the DVLA and also my insurers (Caravanguard) no increase in premium :thumb: Hope this helps !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back