New member- I may be able to help...just maybe! (1 Viewer)

YourMotorhome

Trader: Motorhome Hire
Mar 27, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ladies, Gents,

I have become a member here today, but am also a trade member. We operate a motorhome hire business. I thought about how I can be of help, had my thinking cap on....

I really dont want to upset anyone, so don't want to push my business.

What I can do however, is give a great insight into most of the models available in 2012, an honest opinion as we don't sell them!

I now know most of the 2012 models from Autotrail, Swift, Ci and Tribute

If I can be of any help, if your considering one and want an honest answer, email me, we probably have one!

Thanks very much and please feel free to ask, I may just be able to give an honest answer.

Nick Edwards

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I see the word new functor but not trader?

I see this is a NEW FUNSTER.. BUT NO MENTION of TRADER on the left hand side... Has he read the terms and conditions regarding traders I wonder?

Bob

OP
OP
Y

YourMotorhome

Mar 27, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks, I am trying to email Jim as he asks to be informed of traders on here

Can you please tell me how I can do this? I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Only thing I can see is the advice given to traders in the bar just under the Fun Logo , Jim is travelling at the moment but sure he will be online soon and be in touch

And Welcome to the Fun :thumb:

OP
OP
Y

YourMotorhome

Mar 27, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Many thanks, I have emailed him directly

I wish I was travelling right now, it looks amazing outside!

Many thanks

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
at the top of the page.

Traders

Please Read This Before Joining MotorhomeFun

We seem to have more and more traders finding our forum, joining and then immediatly promoting their commercial interests. This is not allowed.

Whilst you are most welcome here, you should be aware that this is a motorhome enthusiast website. It is not a place for you to freely promote your company. We would like you to join, there are many benefits of doing so, but please follow the site rules. If you do break the rules I just do not have the time to..

Delete all your posts.

Delete your signature

Write nicely to you and point you toward the rules

Hang around and await your email where you tell me, "sorry I didn't see the rules"

So if you break the rules then your account here will simply be deleted in its entirety. This can be done quickly with just one mouse-click. In addition to being banned your company name will be added to our censor so it will be physically impossible for your company to be promoted here again. The rules are simple and easy to understand, please adhere to them.

For your convenience the rules for traders are below.

If you are a trader (you sell motorhomes or any motorhome related items) you must notify admin and they will add the term "Trade Member" or similar under your name. Traders must remember that the forums are for motorhome enthusiasts to discuss their hobby and not for you to sell your wares. Spamming the forum will result in accounts being terminated and will not show your company in a very good light. . COMMERCIAL LINKS IN SIGNATURES ARE RESTRICTED TO FORUM SPONSORS ONLY Traders WHO ARE SPONSORS may include a link in their signature to commercial sites. They should be one line long only. A traders username cannot be the same or similar to the trading name unless they are a site sponsor. Trader may include a link to their commercial site in their profile only.

Tips for Traders posting on Motorhome Fun

If you are a trader, you are most welcome here. Unlike some forums we appreciate that your knowledge and expertise can benefit the membership. What we do NOT want, EVER. is a sales pitch, in fact if you spam the forum with your messages, then it will probably be resented by the membership and you will get the exact opposite of what you want to achieve! If you have products or services to sell, please follow the tips below which should benefit you and the enthusiasts here.

Once you have signed up. Do NOTHING. Just familiarise yourself with the forum and have a good look at these rules. One of those rules is that you will have email admin and tell them you are a trader, this lets all funsters know that the message in your posts might have an ulterior motive! See what's talked about. See who the main forum participants are. Get a feel for the atmosphere of the forum. You need to really understand how our forum ticks before you dive in and start making posts. The only way to do this is to read, read, and then read some more. After you have a good idea of how Fun works, introduce yourself. Just say hello and tell the funsters that you're looking forward to participating in the discussion and contributing to the forum.You will have the designation "trade member" so funsters will be able to see your website if they look at your profile. Don't be tempted to say anything more or start selling, your post will probably be deleted if you do. Then, look at the questions being asked on the forum. If you can, answer them. You should keep on doing this and try to visit at least once a day. Over time, this is what's going to happen...

You are going to establish yourself as an authority in your field and your posts will be well received. Especially so when Funsters realise you are not just trying to hard-sell them something. Give good honest advice and opinion and people ARE going to start to look at you as an authority on your particular subject. They will begin to ask for your advice. You will NOT have to advertise a thing. You will not need to Spam the forum. You will begin to make sales just from being a participant at the forum, you will become a Funster. That will be good for the forum and might well be good for your business as well. What will be bad for your business is to spam the forum Spam will get you banned. Spam is when you make a post that is all for the benefit of you, even if you try to dress it up in some other way. Introducing yourself in a post; Hi I am John I am the managing director of Motorhome widgets Ltd Is Fine. But if you then go on to say how good or cheap those widgets are and where we can find you, then you are spamming.

A post like this.. "Hi Funsters, we are currently giving 10% off on Motorhome Widgets" etc..... is SPAM and it will get you banned. However, if some asks about different types of widgets, and you answer, comparing and contrasting the different types of widget and the benefits to the Funster, even pointing to a link on your website showing the widgets. This is acceptable; your post is of benefit to the poster. As a trader you have to walk a fine line, and I appreciate it's difficult. however if we allow blatant advertising then the forum would just fill up with it and ruin our community. Please remember, I do not have the time to give yellow cards and point you to the rules. Banning takes just a second and is much easier. Please don't give me reason to do this.

Thanks for your cooperation

Jim

OP
OP
Y

YourMotorhome

Mar 27, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No promotion at all, apologies if it seems that way

Guys, I have no reason to spam a site like this, you like I already have a motorhome. I can however give you good advice on the build quality and layout of most 2012 models on sale today.

What I was doing was just making sure that I would not be misleading anyone. We deal with the manufacturers directly and have no affiliations to anyone, nor any recommendations of who to spend money with, just our observations, I made the offer as we see a lot of vehilces and are unbiased....

Honestly, I have nothing for sale! Just a genuine offer if I can be of help. How many other users are able to compare quality like I can, and thats all I offer, honestly.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome to the Fun...

Should you need any of your fleet testing, I would be willing to fly in from Portugal (with a small Froggie Princess) and test drive one or two of them at a few Funster meets and give my honest evaluation of the vans based on forty years motor homing... :thumb:

My charges would be reasonable and reduced if the vehicle is waiting for us at the airport, fuelled up and with a couple of Fray Bentos pies in the cupboard... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome to the forum

Guys, I have no reason to spam a site like this, you like I already have a motorhome. I can however give you good advice on the build quality and layout of most 2012 models on sale today.

Honestly, I have nothing for sale! Just a genuine offer if I can be of help.

Welcome to the forum.. There are a lot of trader members, including people like Johns Cross Motorhomes, so there is a lot of help on the site for those looking for new motor homes, as well as RV's (Signature Motorhomes)... I am sure information is welcome.. it is sales pitches a lot of us get upset about... Often joining and being a member for a while is the best way .. you opened up as a trade member... and we know that is not the case yet.. so we are a bit worried at times as we have seen it happen a lot of the times over the years of a dealer coming on and pushing his goods and has not taken the time to read the link for dealers Jim has placed at the top of the page.

But as I say welcome to the forum..

Bob

OP
OP
Y

YourMotorhome

Mar 27, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ok, I give in!

I can be of help if anyone needs an honest opinion.... If not, don't worry, it is an unusual offer in this modern world...

Old fashioned no strings advice.... Thanks for the comment Bob, just wanted to be clear from the off that we have our own interest (although marginally related), hopefully we have plenty to give as there's no sale in it for us, ever!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Ditto, the poster does mention he is a trader but does not give a link to his business, he does offer to answer any questions re models - ideal therefore for newbies looking at the marketplace and wanting some insight.

Welcome to Fun, no doubt Jim will be on when he has internet connection.

My advice would be for the poster to pm Jim (ringleader) for clarification on whether he has to be a trade member or not, if he is not putting link to anything i dont see a problem.

one thing i will say to the poster is that he only gets a few posts before having to pay the membership - so go easy on them or for a while you will be a read only poster till jim could sort it

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome, if you need to register a trade interest I am sure you will and Jim will politely and kindly advise you what needs to be done.

As a beneficiary of so much professional help from the Funsters on this site you are very welcome and I think you are absolutely right to make your first thread an honest and up front admission of a professional interest in motorhomes and motorhoming.

May duffers like me continue to be helped by folks like you and Bob.

Norman

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is a case of Bob Hope and No Hope JJ

Welcome to the Fun...

Should you need any of your fleet testing, I would be willing to fly in from Portugal (with a small Froggie Princess) and test drive one or two of them at a few Funster meets and give my honest evaluation of the vans based on forty years motor homing... :thumb:

My charges would be reasonable and reduced if the vehicle is waiting for us at the airport, fuelled up and with a couple of Fray Bentos pies in the cupboard... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

It is a case of Bob Hope and No Hope JJ.... the FBP's will put him off..

Bob:winky:

OP
OP
Y

YourMotorhome

Mar 27, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
It is a case of Bob Hope and No Hope JJ.... the FBP's will put him off..

Bob:winky:

Brilliant! Thats more like it. I felt like I was about to be attacked by a pack of lions. Now a few tinned pies, a free hire and I am home free!

Many thanks for making me welcome guys, thanks!

Like I say mail me if I can help!

OP
OP
Y

YourMotorhome

Mar 27, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ditto, the poster does mention he is a trader but does not give a link to his business, he does offer to answer any questions re models - ideal therefore for newbies looking at the marketplace and wanting some insight.

Welcome to Fun, no doubt Jim will be on when he has internet connection.

My advice would be for the poster to pm Jim (ringleader) for clarification on whether he has to be a trade member or not, if he is not putting link to anything i dont see a problem

My point exactly! 5 mins from me may save someone years of heartache when they pick something they loathe. I have no commission to gain.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we play nicely

Brilliant! Thats more like it. I felt like I was about to be attacked by a pack of lions. Now a few tinned pies, a free hire and I am home free!

Many thanks for making me welcome guys, thanks!

Like I say mail me if I can help!

We play nicely on MHF.. just have to get use to us.. some worse than others... have to be a bit mad to be on this site in the first place...

By the way subs are ÂŁ10 .. well worth it for all the free info you can get on the site:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob (no I do not get a commission from Jim):Blush:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
We play nicely on MHF.. just have to get use to us.. some worse than others... have to be a bit mad to be on this site in the first place...

By the way subs are ÂŁ10 .. well worth it for all the free info you can get on the site:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob (no I do not get a commission from Jim):Blush:

I get commission of jim for mentioning the red kite sight that jim as

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Welcome to the sight,Cheers Alf:Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
oops you have hit your limit of free posts, if you wish to subscribe, click on home at top of page then scroll down to the section 'all about subs' where you will find all the info, payment can be done via paypal instantly and is ÂŁ10 a year

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome to Funsters, and thank you of your offer of help on layouts etc.,

cheers
Andrea & Jeff

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
great he has now joined

Great he has now joined...

W E L C O M E..:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Bob

OP
OP
Y

YourMotorhome

Mar 27, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks everyone

Keep a look out for us, and if I can help, feel free!

Many thanks

Nick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back