LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
For those that have stayed at the "New Marjal Site"....

What if anything would you like to see or added to what is already a superb site...

Me... (1)... Swimming pool opened up for "Sun Bathing on Loungers" .. (Even if not allowed in the pool for what ever reason).

(2)... Perhaps some Squeegy Mops for the showers.. Just to dry the dressing area floor by the seat.. (I know there is under floor heating, but still takes time to dry out..)

(3)... Perhaps a couple of "Drive Through Pitches" .. on each block..

Any other suggestions they may take on board..? ::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I agree with the points you have made Mo. I think that the WiFi needs sorting out, I would not be happy having to pay for the service we are getting at the moment.

Brisey.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Channel 4 instead of ITV 2 and National BBC 2 instead of BBC 2 Wales.....It's all the effin Welsh congress on at the moment..:Doh::Doh: Who needs that ???:Doh:
It can be done !!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005

What if anything would you like to see or added to what is already a superb site...

Me... (1)... Swimming pool opened up for "Sun Bathing on Loungers" .. (Even if not allowed in the pool for what ever reason).

(2)... Perhaps some Squeegy Mops for the showers.. Just to dry the dressing area floor by the seat.. (I know there is under floor heating, but still takes time to dry out..)

(3)... Perhaps a couple of "Drive Through Pitches" .. on each block..

Any other suggestions they may take on board..? ::bigsmile:

I suggested a (1) a cash machine and a (2) a free courtesy bus to Catrel!

both would make the experience better.

Without a car it is very restricted. We brought electric bikes but the roads were busy and rather narrow and falling off on the first corner did not help my confidence!!

It was lovely to meet you Mal and hope to see you again soon.

Ginny and Mike

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
A free ride from blighty and back!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Looking at all the fun you had , you blighters!!!!
From one lot of remaining funsters who didnt make it boo hoo

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
And from another who had to stay here and sort out burst pipes :cry:

I plan to stay at Marjal next winter and a cash machine on site would def. be a help.
Wifi is essential.
Nearby bus/courtesy bus is even better to nearest market/town.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Move the damned thing. Without doubt it is probably the most uninspiring site we have visited.

El Puerto across from Cadiz was a delight. Good site, vast quantities of history, golden beaches. Sherry tasting.

But Atlantic weather.

Now in Benidorm, Vilasol. Not explored yet, no Spa, but still 100x better than Marjal. Proper Places to explore outside the gates.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Move the damned thing. Without doubt it is probably the most uninspiring site we have visited.

El Puerto across from Cadiz was a delight. Good site, vast quantities of history, golden beaches. Sherry tasting.

But Atlantic weather.

Now in Benidorm, Vilasol. Not explored yet, no Spa, but still 100x better than Marjal. Proper Places to explore outside the gates.

thats what I like about your posts Brian, always Honest and to the point. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
thats what I like about your posts Brian, always Honest and to the point. :thumb:

We all have our preferences, we love a stroll into town, a coffee in a bar overlooking something good.

Marjal has Catral, it's like Walking into Trafford Park and having a coffee overlooking the Manchester Ship Canal. Seriously, it's an old run down engineering town with all the charisma of Old Trafford. The only exciting bit is the the roundabout with the Ladies of the Afternoon.

El Puerto was wonderful. A good while ago we destroyed the Spanish fleet there, then the Victorians grew fond of Sherry, we made El Puerto a vibrant port. Now thanks to modern transport changed into tourism, but all the old warehouses are still there.

So you can see my take on Marjal.

Cordoba was a feast, the old Great Mosque is pictured everywhere but to walk into it is something else.

I'm sorry if I offend, but to drive to Marjal then back to UK is such a misuse of our limited years, in my very humble opinion. In fact, just as good a time WILL be had by three times the people in Wrenbury, thanks to you. Could you organise a few Ladies of the Afternoon ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back