Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well we didn't know what to expect of the site, but looking through the list of funsters attending we knew we'd have a good time and we did, in fact we had a ball.

The site and facilties are superb and easily coped with the small number of people using the site, the staff work hard are polite and nothing is too much trouble. This is not the sort of site we are used to, but we were very surprised, it's well laid out, the pitches if anything are too big. The Gym and Spa were superb and we used the facilities most days. While we would not want to do Marjal in Summer when its full, we would certainly come back again in the winter.

Today the rally finishes and most are now winging their way homeward, about half a dozen have extended their stay and some have already booked to spend next winter here.

Funsters organised trips out, cook-ins, meals, demonstrations and parties and some days our area looked like a coronation party as we'd take over the street. In all we had a wonderful time and look forward to repeating it. :thumb:

A big thanks to all those funsters that turned up and made us laugh so much:thumb::thumb:

NB: This 'Marjal Rally' forum section was private for ralliers during the rally but is now open to everyone.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We can't really add anything more to your post Jim. Pam and I have really enjoyed the rally and the company of all the Funsters. We would just like to say a big thank you to Sian and yourself for organising the rally and for being such excellent hosts.

Brisey & Pam.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
It was a great week indeed (in spite of my bad back prob:RollEyes:...) first time as well that JJ and I were attending a meet as a couple and in the hymer.
I was really happy to put faces to names ....Meet Loujess , Brisey, Carol, or Rayb182, to name but a few was a real pleasure and I look forward to meeting them again; I was delighted to see again Brian /Hildweller, Steve/ Salopian, and Mo Judy and Paul , Bill Kate and Amanda, Lesleyjean..............well all the Funsters are really super duper friends !!! I hope we'll be able to make it again soon (errrr this is going to be quite difficult I guess but we can always hope:Sad:)

Thanks Jim and Sian for organising , it was nice to meet you again !
I will be very happy to host you anytime when you will tour southern France. Kissy and cuddle from me to Katie who is a real nice little Princess:Smile:

Affectueusement à tous

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Thanx for a wonderful meet, its was nice to meet new friends and see old friends and thank to Jim and Sian for organising the meet,its been one big blast, looking forward to the next one. :thumb:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
We would also like to thank Jim and Sian for organising this meet.

We could not stay long as we had other commitments but would certainly be up for another meet like this. Weather was exceptional and Funsters are just so much FUN

Thanks again

Lesley and Alan .

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Been a good Rally/Meet.... good to put faces to names...

You have been a great bunch of people to be with...::bigsmile:

Hopefully if another one is organised for next year we will put our names down...

As said "Marjal Staff" have been so very helpful and friendly...

Special Thanks to Jim and Sian for the organising...:thumb:

Safe home ward journey or where ever you are going to ...

Thanks.
Maurice (MO.. Billy No mates:winky:) ,Judy & Paul..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Our first rally with FUN...
We both had a great time and nice to meet everyone.. :thumb:

Ambilkate and ourselves arrived home this afternoon (sunday) after a bit of a cock up on my part and the silly clocks going foward..!! NO we didnt forget or get up later..
Somehow we got up 1 hour earlier than we needed to !!?? Still wasn't time lost as we boarded and earlier ferry.. I got home faster to 2 happy grandkids and even managed to mow the lawns..:ROFLMAO:

See you all soon...

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Our first rally with FUN...
We both had a great time and nice to meet everyone.. :thumb:

Ambilkate and ourselves arrived home this afternoon (sunday) after a bit of a cock up on my part and the silly clocks going foward..!! NO we didnt forget or get up later..
Somehow we got up 1 hour earlier than we needed to !!?? Still wasn't time lost as we boarded and earlier ferry.. I got home faster to 2 happy grandkids and even managed to mow the lawns..:ROFLMAO:

See you all soon...

We forgive you Steve for banging the van at 5.15am :ROFLMAO:

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
We'd like to thank Jim and Sian for a great rally.

I loved the informality of rally, and the way people just came together at various times, but still leaving time to do other things. We've met some really great people, that we hope to meet again sometime in the not too distant future.

We're staying on for another 3 weeks or so, and we're back for 3 months :Eeek: at this time next year. It would be great to see another load of Funsters here :thumb:

Gerald

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
I've thanked you before Jim & Sian for the wonderful rally at Marjal, but once again a big THANK YOU from Perri & myself for a fab rally x x:thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Well we have had a great time. Although not our normal type of holiday, we have had such a lovely time.

It was great to meet more funsters, overindulge in all the food gatherings.

Marjal staff, the site and facilities have been excellent. We are planning to stay to after Easter.

If anyone was thinking of coming here early season next year I would recommend it has a good base, especially if you like swimming and the gym and spa facilities. Cycling to nearby villages, walking or cycling around the nature reserve, there is a lot to do, all made more fun when there is a group of you.

Thanks to Jim, Sian and Katie for being the perfect hosts.

Pat and Neil

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Let me add my thanks to everyone, especially Jim and Sian for a super week...

Next time Amanda will be smashed at Trionimos (?) and Stuart and Carol will be trounced at boules by Eddie and me...

Let's make the next "sunny site based" meet further east hey? :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Next time Amanda will be smashed at Trionimos (?) and Stuart and Carol will be trounced at boules by Eddie and me...

Good Idea, get that damn tree cut down:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Good Idea, get that damn tree cut down:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Sundowners spent several days visiting QMJ... they worked and worked and the place looks fantastic now... (some) vines pruned and olive trees cleared and a lot of raking done... (Thank you so much you two.)

Nigel cut back the entrance tree roots and built up (and levelled) the track between them so now the vans do not tilt as they go through...

Their big demountable mounted on that sizeable pick up truck ran up and down the track with ease... my Hymer and Iveco have always been able to even before the improvements...

A tree is due to be felled but at the moment most sensible :)Wink:) sized vans can get in and out (yours included Roger) providing they have grip "under foot"...

It seems that QMJ is perfect for some motorhomers but unsuitable for others...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
FUNsters will have FUN anywhere.

Marjal was great because it was full of FUNsters, it was dirt cheap, the weather was exceptional and it was empty ( apart from the weekend when the Spanish flocked in ) so we got a dream ticket.

However the location is crappier than a crap thing and I wonder how much better it would have been at say Cap Blanch or a 1000 other better locations where we would not have to rely on the great organising efforts of old_mo to get us out of the place.

I fear this could not happen twice.

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)

You and Eddie beat us at Boules ?

In your dreams JJ :ROFLMAO:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Now back home and becoming involved in the routines of home life.

Thank you Jim and Sian for all your hard work in getting this rally up and running, and keeping the momentum going.

Your efforts are very much appreciated. :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well we've been home on the hill in Wales for 3 hours. Freezin.. Just lit the woodburner

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jim, it was very hot yesterday here at Marjal. Today started out cloudy and cool as we cycled into Catral for the market. This afternoon the clouds disappeared giving way to another scorching hot afternoon. The sun has just gone down here and it's getting cooler, Pam has just put her cardie on. The Spanish Camping Club National Rally kicked off today, the site is very busy. They have erected two big marquees and have installed their own very loud public address and sound systems. Apparently their party kicks off at 10pm tonight. Should be a blast.
Glad to hear that you have arrived home safely, see you at Newbury.

Brisey & Pam.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well we've been home on the hill in Wales for 3 hours. Freezin.. Just lit the woodburner

Shame you are not here now Jim... I have a huge amount of firewood... storing it in it's present form at the moment (huge, round lumps of trunk) to prevent it going "walkies"

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Shame you are not here now Jim... I have a huge amount of firewood... storing it in it's present form at the moment (huge, round lumps of trunk) to prevent it going "walkies"

Why dont you build a log cabin for you and Jim with it:lips::lips::lips:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Boo Hoo !!!!

I'll be alright here on my own !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Actually there are still a few die hards here still !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bloody noisy Spaniards here tonight !!:Doh::cry::Cool:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Nice to be home, :RollEyes: Oil tanks nearly empty and her in doors refuses to buy any. :Doh:

We or should I put I might be a full timer quicker than planned. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I'll be alright here on my own !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Actually there are still a few die hards here still !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bloody noisy Spaniards here tonight !!:Doh::cry::Cool:

And it will get noisier as the week proceeds...:Doh::Eeek:

Get your mate from the round about in with some of her mates and have your own party...:party2::party2::beer::whistle::winky:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Nice to be home, :RollEyes: Oil tanks nearly empty and her in doors refuses to buy any. :Doh:

We or should I put I might be a full timer quicker than planned. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Her indoors though has been keeping busy (and warm) spring cleaning ::bigsmile: We had a lot of sun streaming in the first day back and it highlighted some grubbiness. I have even done all the windows cills and doors outside and washed off all the bargeboards and soffits. SOMEONE really whinged about extricating the extending ladder from the garage for me! :ROFLMAO: Jane

I got him to put it back too!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Actually we could only hear the noise faintly when we went to bed around 2300 and it had finished by 0130-but,that was last night,maybe tonight will be different :Angry:

Mike.

Early Day`s.... :winky:::bigsmile:

You should wander over,,, they will make you most welcome... :thumb:

I wish we were back out there... it`s positivley freezing here this morning, although the sun is coming out... next week all change

Cold, Wind, Rain and some snow expected.. :Eeek::cry::Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back