Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Is this a personal problem or do others share it? When I sit in the front passenger seat in my mh my eyeline is level with the middle of the sun visor, which means I have to bend my neck to see any distance in front of the vehicle. I thought it was a problem confined to my current mh but as I have looked at other mhs it often seems worse.
It is not a problem on the drivers seat as this seems to be set lower, although my eyeline is still high, about an inch or two below the top of the windscreen it is only a problem on rainy days as the wipers don't clear this area.
If you have ever had this problem and found a solution I would be grateful if you would share it with me.

Many thnaks

Norman

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Norman .. do you have swivel seats ? If so that is why they seats are a couple of inches higher than normal..

I haven't done this, but read about others having the seat mounting boxes cut down to reduce the height.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
now mind was the other way

Despite being 6'1" tall mine was the other way round.. The Ford E350/E450 chassis has the seats to low.. I had to have booster rails fitted both sides.

But Jim makes a good point.. the normal van chassis you have was never intended for a swivel seat and the added height was not considered.

That or you are a very tall person.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi norman.
you could always try to source a longer wiper blade to help but you may have to fit a shorter one to the passenger side so they don't collide with each other.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Norman on our current van I simply cut and welded the base by a couple of inches :thumb: Very posh swivels that are above £400 each :Eeek: good job they came from the back of the ambulance ::bigsmile:
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We had this issue on a previous van, with me being 6ft 4 and SWMBO 5ft2 both had problems with the seats

I was looking at the sun visor and had to stoop forwards to see the road ahead properly. She had to have a block of wood on the passenger side as her feet didnt reach the floor comfortably.

As mentioned, you can have the seat frame re-engineered a couple of inches lower or alternatively buy ready made replacement boxes that double up as a safe. The only major issue with doing this is if your leisure battery is mounted below the seat, as you may no longer have the height to do this

fitting a longer wiper is a good compromise and of course far cheaper whilst you consider the problem

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We had a similar issue - the cab blind runners made it worse for us. I didnt notice it until Mrs Colpot mentioned it and then I noticed I was leaning forward as I drove. We solved it by buying an A Class (obviously this option is not available to everyone)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We had a similar issue - the cab blind runners made it worse for us. I didnt notice it until Mrs Colpot mentioned it and then I noticed I was leaning forward as I drove. We solved it by buying an A Class (obviously this option is not available to everyone)
That's as good a excuse as I have ever heard for changing the van ::bigsmile: Can you have a word with my other half ? I have a lot better excuses but she don't listen :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back