Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New
We live in Bolton and the last show we went to in Manchester was huge but we were looking for our first motorhome so didn't bother with all the other stalls with all the goodies and great ideas to add to our motorhome.

Can anyone recommend some great shows which are not at the other end of the country that we can plan in, I notice there was one I. Newark this weekend, wish we would have known a bit sooner so want to get organised.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
best

peterborough at the end of april is an excellent show
regards brian jo and josh

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
There is a thread running on Peterborough show

Hi,

There is a current thread running on the Peterborough show.. the pre booking closes on the 10th April... I think Motorhomefun has around 65 members in there own area.. you need to have paid your subscriptions toe MHF then if you want to come go on line to Warners.. there is a link from the Peterborough show thread.. you book with Warners and tick the box on the booking section for MHF (get £2 off as a member discount) then you can join the big family of MHF members and put faces to names. ... well worth doing it.

Or you could if you wish just book for the general area of the show, but I am sure I speak for many in that we hope you will joins us... we get around 70 or so MHF members with all sorts of motor homes attending.

Bob, Sue & Ezzie the St Bernard:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
if you click on the calender at the top of this page it will give a month by month view of rallies/meets, also on the home page if you scroll down the page on the left hand side you will see the meets and rallies listed there with their dates

to yet be added to the list are the Northern motorhome show at knutsford in July and the Lincoln show in September

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gaynor369

Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New
Ok thanks for that, is a rally or meet something that happens at these typenof shows and simply a get together

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
in a way yes

Ok thanks for that, is a rally or meet something that happens at these typenof shows and simply a get together

It is a big show.. loads of trade stands and thousands of motor homes.. Malvern for example has 5,000 motor homes attend.

What happens is at each show, clubs have there own areas.. Hymer club, Auto Trail, Brown Hills and a few dozen others.. so if you had a hymer and want to park in a straight line :winky: then that may before you.... you can then talk hymers all day with everyone about you.. great if you like spitting competitions:Sad:

MHF has it's own areas where it's members meet.. rag tail and bob tail sort of thing... everything from the 40' RV and trailer to the smaller european.. every shape and side euro box you can think of (I call them ICE CREAM VANS ... sorry JIM) .. but the thing is that MHF is about the people and the ideas and not how big or small motor home you own.. everyone mixes in... if you want. If you do not want no one will bother you. If you want to have a bacon sandwich and pay £1 on Sunday great.. if not fine... if you want to wonder around and sit and have a coffee / tea or a beer again great.. you will find you get invited to BBQ's .. I think we had 10 going at one show last year. If you fancy trying a Ukelele in our own tent .. good have a good.. I laughed until I got caught and now own two of them. But no one forces anyone to do anything.

Only warning is if you stick your head under the bonnet of your motor home.. I guarantee you will soon be joined by others... Took 20 of us to put up an old unused tent at Shepton a couple years ago as no one had the drawing of how to.. but everyone pitched in.. well a few did and a lot watched.

But it is a good place to meet people and chat, get advise, put names to Avitars and get a lot out of the club in experience and enjoyment.

But you do need to book as the space given to the clubs is done according to the number of books and that is then passed to the marshals.. Bob & Jayne (on way back from Spain as I write this)... I recommend it.. works for us..

Bob, Sue & Ezzie the St Bernard

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back