Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You will find they all are, the difference is in what they charge, the nearer to port the more expensive, now with the new rules giving up to 5 days to get back to England you can use a vet more inland who is probably cheaper and not worry about not making the ferry as the 24/48hr window is no longer the rule.
Just double check that the vet stamps the pet passport and signs it along with the date and time of the visit and what he has given the animal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Thanks for the prompt replies.

I have produced some downloadable documents that give information about recommended Vets in France, and increasingly other EU countries, and wondered how/if I could show an example of them on this forum.

They are in PDF format and give details of address, telephone number, opening times, approx costs for 2011 or 2012, picture of the Vets and a Map.

If it's possible to post on here please let me know,

I'm off to watch the Man City / Chelsea match in a moment so there's no rush in replying.

Again thanks.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We use Broken Link Removed site, the owners wife works for the Vet and arranges the visit for you.:thumb:

S

stagman

Deleted User
We use Broken Link Removed site, the owners wife works for the Vet and arranges the visit for you.:thumb:

We also use this one recommend it :thumb:

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
I notice the maximum upload size on this site for a Pdf document is 19.5 KB.

The documents I have are between 150 and 300 KB and unfortunatelly are miles too big to post here.

Most Sites allow up to 1MB, which seems a reasonable size, but 19.5 KB is no more than a very small document.
:beer:

Is there any chance of allowing a Moderator to see the type of document I have and perhaps reconsidering the problem with the size issue?

roger buckley

Free Member
Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
Ardres Vet

I can recommend the vet flagged in Ardres- but ring and check the hours ,as they are not all day. The advantage with this one ,is that there is a huge car park in fron ,just right for M Homes
Regards Roger

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

The documents I have are between 150 and 300 KB and unfortunatelly are miles too big to post here.

Most Sites allow up to 1MB, which seems a reasonable size, but 19.5 KB is no more than a very small document.

Is there any chance of allowing a Moderator to see the type of document I have and perhaps reconsidering the problem with the size issue?

If you send a PM to Jim who is the Gaffer, he will sort you out.
Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Why? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Jim
:roflmto:

Biggest mistake I made yesterday!
But don't forget to watch the 'real' Cup Final - Chesterfield v Swindon on Sunday - real fans watching honest footballers trying their hardest to win.

Ps - are you the one I send a PM regarding Vets in France or is there another 'Jim'?

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Why? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Jim
:roflmto:

Biggest mistake I made yesterday!
But don't forget to watch the 'real' Cup Final - Chesterfield v Swindon on Sunday - real fans watching honest footballers trying their hardest to win.

Ps - are you the one I send a PM regarding Vets in France or is there another 'Jim'?

You have a point there. We live up the road from Tranmere Rovers and regularly have a wander down there to take in a game. I think the operative word is honest.

There is another Jim, the site owner or "Ringleader". he will sort your IT querie out.

Jim
:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

You can upload larger files to our Downloads section .. Link Removed
after you upload it will automatically add a post saying what you have uploaded . :Smile:

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
ScotJimland - thanks for the link.

There are three folders, each having around 26 Pdf documents, of Vets in France with each folder being in the region of 5 - 6MB.

Would they be ok to post in the download section and would the 'Touring Information' section be the most obvious place to post them?

That section doesn't seem to be over used, the last upload almost two years ago, and I would like to think my upload was helping Members rather than being 'lost' in an unused part of the site.

I also have a two page downloadable list (166 kb) of around 90 Vets in France, and a few in other Countries, which may help Members and I'm adding to the list month by month.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
ScotJimland - thanks for the link.

There are three folders, each having around 26 Pdf documents, of Vets in France with each folder being in the region of 5 - 6MB.

Would they be ok to post in the download section and would the 'Touring Information' section be the most obvious place to post them?

That section doesn't seem to be over used, the last upload almost two years ago, and I would like to think my upload was helping Members rather than being 'lost' in an unused part of the site.

I also have a two page downloadable list (166 kb) of around 90 Vets in France, and a few in other Countries, which may help Members and I'm adding to the list month by month.

Hi

not really my place to say, I'm just a member.. , best person to ask is Jim, the boss.. drop him a PM , he may have missed this thread as he's sunning himself in Spain..

or upload to where you think most appropriate and if wrong Jim will move .. :Smile:

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
You will find they all are, the difference is in what they charge, the nearer to port the more expensive, now with the new rules giving up to 5 days to get back to England you can use a vet more inland who is probably cheaper and not worry about not making the ferry as the 24/48hr window is no longer the rule.
Just double check that the vet stamps the pet passport and signs it along with the date and time of the visit and what he has given the animal.

We were crossing back into the UK on Jan 2nd a day after the new rules came and we were a bit worried that we'd understood the new rules correctly, because the Channel Tunnel wouldnt commit, they just said we'll be following DEFRAs guide lines.

We actually got our dog seen by a vet in Spain for 10 Euros with no drama's at the Pet Passport check in Calais / Euro Tunnel. Quite pleased that vets around Calais can no longer have a captive market on ripping you off for a pet check now that you have 5 days prior to crossing to get to a vet. :Smile:

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
ScotJimland - You can upload larger files to our Downloads section .. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads.php

I've taken the plunge and offered my Card details for a years subs - so here goes.

When the three Grandkids are returned to their Mum after tea I'll have a go at downloading the Vets list to the appropriate part of this site.

Thanks for all the replies to this thread.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
I've posted the 'Vets List April 2012' for European Vets, who are recommended and familiar with the Pet Passport scheme, in the Touring Information part of the Download section.

Any comments appreciated.

:france::france::france::france:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
tried to download the vets file from the download section cant seem to get it; it freezes at about 90kb. any ideas or have i " finger trouble"!:ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:thumb: Thanks very handy, :winky: just need one with their charges on now. :ROFLMAO:

They have made it easier, and you only get two stamps..................But still pay the same. :Doh: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
[SIZE="3"because of the new rules with 5 days now, I took my 3 Bichon Frise to a vets in Roses.

Only cost me 45 euros all in for the three of them.::bigsmile:

Very happy about that as i have paid more than double that in the past.

Lesley[/SIZE]

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
lesleyjean - I took my 3 Bichon Frise to a vets in Roses.

Do you have the address and any more details please?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Even though we wont be taking Susie abroad any more as she cannot have the booster rabies shot I am pleased to see they have relaxed the rules re the 24.48 hr rule as we turned up with 12 hrs to go on our train at the channel tunnel and as it was Sunday got charged 60 euro at the vet in Calais just to agree with a date stamp on the passport that the vet in Southport had wrongly stamped.
it showed that Susie had her results of the rabies shot before she actually had it and that she was chipped weeks after the shot which is impossible.
We asked 3 vets proior to going and they all said all was ok with the passport.

We could have changed the date on the train and spent another day or 2 in France to get it sorted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back