Sep 28, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 765
Exp
Since 2006
Hi All,
I've just received All The Aires In France 3rd edition. So now the fun begins trying to work out where to stay. We're planning a mix of Aires and sites for 3 weeks in August, heading to the Med and back through the Tunnel.
We've never used an Aire before, so we are looking forward to the change.
We will be traveling with a 2 year old. Any tips or advice would be great.
Regards
Cam.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Regards
Cam.

take your time.. and I mean take plenty of time.

I seldom drive more than 150mls in a day.. sometimes a lot less .. there is no rush and you see a lot more taking your time and stopping often .. stay off of autoroutes. use the N roads.. far more interesting and no tolls.

plan to be at your next Aire mid afternoon , they get busy or full by early evening.. especially during the peak season .. and always useful to have a plan B.

if you find a nice aire by a village or town, stay a couple of days and relax.

last but not least.. if the youngster is still using, don't put disposable nappies in the toilet ... I speak from experience .. :roflmto:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The benefit of the Arie is that its almost always in or very close to a town or village as opposed to a campsite where you can often need a car to get about.

Just make sure you keep you're peepers open for anything untoward.

Be careful with the little one. Aires can be fairly busy at times and people arent always paying attention. (I know I didnt need to tell you that but thought I would)

Have a ball.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The Aires are great and we have found some stunning ones if you put your route on or check the french aires on here it might help you more. ALso i see you like miltary then you might enjoy the museum in Calais its in the middle of a park cant think of the name but we visited it last year and found it really interesting.

OP
OP
Cam1
Sep 28, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 765
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for your replies.
We normaly stay on sites in France and get down south as quick as possible using the Autoroutes. This summer we are going to take our time an hopefully find some gems on the way down.
Regards
Cam:thumb:

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi All,
I've just received All The Aires In France 3rd edition. So now the fun begins trying to work out where to stay. We're planning a mix of Aires and sites for 3 weeks in August, heading to the Med and back through the Tunnel.
We've never used an Aire before, so we are looking forward to the change.
Regards
Cam.

You may be able to cross refrence some of the aires in the guide to the French Aires on this site might give you a better idea if they are what you are looking for :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks for your replies.
We normaly stay on sites in France and get down south as quick as possible using the Autoroutes. This summer we are going to take our time an hopefully find some gems on the way down.
Regards
Cam:thumb:

Cam ..If you look at the "French Aires" on the motorhome fun Home page down the left hand side ...with your "All the Aires in France"..book you will find most of them in there what other funsters have recommended with photos for you to look at ....this will give you and insight of the Aire and surrounding area. I have entered loads of Aires on the site for the funsters

I agree with JIM (scotjimland) take your time amble down see France and the villages:thumb:

The book "All the Aires in France"....its just a name of the book... it does not mean it contains all the aires in France.... but it is good book....

A must .....check on the web site of Vicarious books for amendments.....3rd edition.

There are loads....Motorhomers like ourselves keep sending in info to keep the book as much up to date as possible......
There are lots of amendments....some may be irrelevant...

Also to other funster don't forget to check the web site for amendments for your book "All the Aires in France"3rd edition

e.g. we called in at an Aire last year...it had just been closed because a large tree injured a brit when it was blown down in a gale and landed on there motorhome ...so the site is now closed but the Mayor will be arranging for a new Aire to open as soon as possible for the village. This info was passed on to Vacarious books

Mel
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back