LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
we are sitting in the van in calais next to the harbour does anyone know if we have to pay?

any funsters here?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
we are sitting in the van in calais next to the harbour does anyone know if[HI] we have to pay[/HI]?

any funsters here?

Yes, you definitely have to pay.......Cheques should be made out to Popeye in the sum of £15.00.......thank you.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Where exactly are you?

I've parked up close to the fish quays before without any need for payment.

I think you have to pay near the yacht marina and the harbour breakwaters.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
He is no idiot he is the one on holiday in France:Eeek:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Last time we were there about 4 years ago we parked watching ferries in and out in what I think is an aires with water and dump point we had to walk around the corner to an office to pay .

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi there' plenty of parking by the beach, the last time we were there there were no payment, also parking by the light house and a great les routeers,enjoy calais agreat place to have fun,Cheers Alf.:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
we are sitting in the van in calais next to the harbour does anyone know if we have to pay?

any funsters here?

YES YOU HAVE TO PAY ME:Doh:..you bug*er....out of season price for Shiftzz.....Mmmmm a Tenner per night:winky::winky: and as much ice cream and frites as you can eat...::bigsmile:
Just been informed by you know WHO...free until Easter:winky: if any body asks you for any money :Eeek: do a runner...or on your BIKE:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...and after easter it was 7 euros last year

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I believe you are very close to the best chip "van" in the whole of Europe... Very near to Calais aire (where you can see the ferries come in and out...)

JJ

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
thats what i like a free one. we are parked up waching the boats do a three point turn. mrs shiftzz is on the ice cream and i am on salad and deep fried trainers.. so which is the best chippie? mel did tell me but i am on me kindle.
the bloke next to us is from leeds and giving away free beer.

best chppie?

jcmh. just seen the idiot he said just wait till she tells your dad where you are.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
thats what i like a free one. we are parked up waching the boats do a three point turn. mrs shiftzz is on the ice cream and i am on salad and deep fried trainers.. so which is the best chippie? mel did tell me but i am on me kindle.
the bloke next to us is from leeds and giving away free beer.

best chppie?

jcmh. just seen the idiot he said just wait till she tells your dad where you are.

We reckon the best chippie in France is there, it's the furthest away from you out of the 3 takeaways, I think it's 'Friterie des Nations' or something similar. The boulangerie van usually comes round in the morning but if not, the boulangerie a few yards away will be open and is excellent. The ice creams are delicious from the 1st van, ask for an Italian @ 1,50 and then tell her what 2 flavours you want, i.e. fraise, vanille, pistache or chocolat. Bon Appetit!!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We reckon the best chippie in France is there, it's the furthest away from you out of the 3 takeaways, I think it's 'Friterie des Nations' or something similar. The boulangerie van usually comes round in the morning but if not, the boulangerie a few yards away will be open and is excellent. The ice creams are delicious from the 1st van, ask for an Italian @ 1,50 and then tell her what 2 flavours you want, i.e. fraise, vanille, pistache or chocolat. Bon Appetit!!

DAVE....sorry I was late coming back to with this important information...but I was busy finishing off fitting a pair of 4 metre wide double gates ...then had the grass to cut ...I will try to be quicker next time........:Doh:...I hope Mrs Shiftzz did not miss her tea/supper!

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back