LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
don't know why? working here? trying something new.... be patient Geordie boy :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Looks good, had my first lesson 3 weeks ago at MK dome, might be having more at the Ipswich dry slope, so maybe next year? :Smile: No vid of the aire at Val Thorens?

ian

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
That looks fantastic Paul. I know our lot would love to go. Who knows maybe next year.
But after our first trip skiing as a family to Aviemore a couple of years ago , and my disastrous attempt even after a 3 hour intense lesson in the morning , i have vowed not to go again until I can ski. :Blush:
I got to the top on one of those lifts that pull you up on the snow next to a complete stranger , without falling off. Thought , mmm i think i may have well cracked this skiing lark.
Then spent a couple of hours trying to get back down. Ending up taking my skis off.
Ralph and the kids went up and down several times to my once :roflmto:
I have vowed to have some lessons at Xscape before i attempt it again .
The kids love it on the other hand , picked it up just like that , after the 3 hour lesson and Ralph has skied before.
I was a typical , all the gear no idea kind of person :ROFLMAO:
Loved the first track on the vid too.:thumb:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
looked great fun, keep them coming for a full length feature.

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
My goodness that takes me back ! We drove there from Glasgow in a citroen safari estate with our 2 kids (3yrs & 5yrs) way back in 1987!...I remember how cold that long chairlift was to the top of the glacier....Hubby took a full size video camera up there (could record on full size vhs tapes) in a rucksack...Went there a few times before the old knees became bothersome.....

Looked a great holiday...

Shirl

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just had a text from my daughter, she's in Tignes with partner and grandson 6 years old, his and her first time, partner has been before. Grandson had his first lesson yesterday, message reads:

Hey having a great time!! Archie (Grandson) now doing blue slopes and going in to mountains tomorrow or Thursday, he's doing amazing, I am not doing so well. :Sad:

Kids they learn so much quicker than old farts like me. She's having lessons as well. Much cheaper over there than here. £80 my 3 hour lesson at MK dome and their was 10 of us in the group. She's paying €149 for 15 hours, only two in the group.

Ian

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Nice one Paul!:thumb:

Looks like we missed a bit of a laugh by getting up too early with the kids!

Our vids were a bit poor, but I have a short one somewhere which underlines how kids feel they are indestructible! I was on the blue run in town with the two kids, Shell took the vid as we all came down. I picked my way down, doing my turns and the kids just plummeted down in a straight line!!::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back