What a day..... (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Went for the MOT this morning and it failed on multiple items. Got at least £300 worth of work to do on it....

Got back to the campsite and some arse had pinched my hard standing and refused to move.... They were quite strident about having booked it 6 weeks before. I said I had been there a week already and had just popped out for shopping.

I then went to fill up with water. I had just got the hose connected up and running when said arse comes across with one of these aqua roll things and asked if they could get some water.

I was not my usual polite self and said something like "Of course you can, After I have finished" and turned my back on them....

On the upside. Second fill of Gas, this time a full tank and it was only £12 compared to the £27 I would have paid for the FloGas swap...

Other good news is although I need 4 new tyres the garage I went to can do me £60 ish +vat each which includes fitting. About £300 for a full set of boot...

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Went for the MOT this morning and it failed on multiple items. Got at least £300 worth of work to do on it....

Compared to a house, that's a bargain :thumb:

We've just spent that on skimming the plaster and painting in one room! :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Compared to a house, that's a bargain :thumb:

We've just spent that on skimming the plaster and painting in one room! :Sad:

Good point. I spent £1200 last year to get it through it's MOT.

This is the first vehicle that I have had that hasn't sailed through its MOT's

Not used to spending money to get a pass cert....

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Took my 4x4 in for its mot this morning too and it failed. I hadnt noticed that overnight some yobs had tried to steal the reversing camera and had pulled the number plate off. It was still in place, but only held up by the wires to the camera.:Angry:

Mind you, the garage fixed it on the spot for £5 and so it got passed.:thumb: It helps to have friends in the trade:roflmto:

Good luck with getting your van sorted, as I know it can be a worry when work needs doing. Mind you, thats a bargain price for suitable tyres, what make are they?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Don't know. some budget brand no doubt. He shift no end of them to local van owners and never had a problem. I think commercial tyres are all much of a muchness these days as they all have to reach certain standards as I understand it? He can do me named brands from £10 more.

I think the continentals are about £80 each.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back