Orange Sidelights - Where can I get these? (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Hi guys

I've been spending some time ensuring all the basics are right with our newly aquired Burstner 748 MH.

Yesterday I noticed a couple of lights weren't working and this morning I took them apart.

These are the orange sidelights along the bottom side of our van (they run horizontal not vertical as in the pics ::bigsmile: )

The orange lens
LightsSideRepeaters4.jpg

The plastic backplate
LightsSideRepeaters3.jpg

The small bulb (rusted in)
LightsSideRepeaters5.jpg

Cheers

John

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
EASY

American motorhomes have these fitted all over the place... many makes, but Bargman makes the most.. try Duncan at Starspangeledspanner.co.uk he stocks them, if not he can get them..

or go to Ebay .. search under American RV Motorhome and you will soon come across RVSpares.. Darren and Martin also carry them ... I normally have a few in stock as spares.. they can now also be supplied with leds ...

You can get lens or the whole thing.. best to get the whole think..comes one to a packet.. around £5 of less.

Bob

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You can get the lens here

Link Removed

but suspect you only need the bulb which should be available most auto electrical suppliers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
it looks like a capless bulb as fitted in most car side lights / indicator repeaters just give it a good pull and it should come out of the holder then just to the car accessory shop for a couple of bulbs.

if you have to replace the whole thing look for LED replacements as they last longer.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Why not take the opportunity to change them to LED bulbs? Plenty available on places like EBay listed under side light LED bulb replacements

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
it looks like a capless bulb as fitted in most car side lights / indicator repeaters just give it a good pull and it should come out of the holder then just to the car accessory shop for a couple of bulbs.

if you have to replace the whole thing look for LED replacements as they last longer.

Heres your lamp and its details,
Sorry but Hella website wont let me Copy and paste the actual page its on but if you go to this one then on the top left choose
1. bus and caravan
then
2.lights
then
3.side marker lights
its then the fourth item down on page 3.
click on bulb in spare parts and it will show the bulb and its details.

it is as aba says fitted with a capless bulb which just pulls out, doesn't twist. Available at halfords or anywhere that sells car bulbs.

if you do in fact need to replace any google Hella lamp stockists in your area.

Hope this Helps
Regards
Steve

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back