TD or not TD, that is the question... (1 Viewer)

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Sorry Shakespeare:Smile: I'm still working out the best options to look for and wondered whether it is better to go for the Turbo option to pull better uphill, or stick to naturally aspirated for economy. I'm still looking to get around 25 MPG if possible.
Cheers, John

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Because a non-turbo will have less "grunt", you will find yourself pushing the loud pedal down further to compensate, which leads to a worsening of fuel consumption.

So I reckon you should look again at your priorities, and how you might achieve them.

I've had both, so have a good idea of how they perform, one against the other.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Definately the turbo.....

Far more fuel-efficient as Wivvy's Dad said. The extra power makes all the difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sorry Shakespeare:Smile: I'm still working out the best options to look for and wondered whether it is better to go for the Turbo option to pull better uphill, or stick to naturally aspirated for economy. I'm still looking to get around 25 MPG if possible.
Cheers, John
Lots of vans get around 25 mpg :thumb: be it 1.9s to 3 ltrs -As a rule anything with a big bump on the front is going to get around 20/24 mpg anything low profile around 25/30 mpg and RVs around 10 mpg but some claim a lot more ::bigsmile:All depends how and where you drive Most RVs never venture off the m-way ( 50/55mph) so in reality never get to take in around town figures hence some claim 14 mpg :Smile:Of course some RVs have gas conversions that take then near to = 18 mpg :Doh: Same with some larger euro vans. Turbo every time for me :thumb:All ish ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back