How many club members on here (1 Viewer)

Do you belong to the big 2 clubs ?

• Caravan Club

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • Camping & Caravan Club

Votes: 50 31.1%
  • Both

Votes: 55 34.2%
  • Niether

Votes: 25 15.5%

• Total voters

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Both now - although I don't like the regimentation of C & CC sites, they have Folk Dance & Song Groups which provide cheap weekends away where we can make music.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We joined the CC in 2006 when we bought our first van. Joined the C&CC a year ago but maintained CC membership as well so that we have access to both CL & CS networks. C&CC meets & THSs are very good value.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Joined the Caravan Club around 1987 .. but not had continuous membership .. also been a member of the C&CC mainly for the Arrival Breakdown Scheme when we had the RV..

Presently a CC member because they have the most CLs, I also think their club sites are first class.. if a tad expensive.. but sometimes well worth it for the prime locations and great facilities.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Been a member of both on and off for years, currently in both.
Like to use the smaller sites Cls and CSs.
Prefer the CC main sites to the CCC main sites but only use if we have to as we find them quite expensive unless you can arrive mid week.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I joined the caravan club once to get cheap insurance, but never stayed on a site or used any of their facilities so a very expencive insurance reduction. Now get the same discount as a member of motorhome fun. not been a member of any other club for years. I'd rather put fuel in the tank.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I am a newbie soi read some items on here and joined CCC.
I also joined here of course--:thumb:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Never found the need to be. Happy doing our own thing.
Go where we like when we like, stay where we fancy.

:Smile:
Regards
Steve

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
both but under review, I used to like to be able to cancle the CC at short notice if swmbo was not well enough to travel, In fact we probably left early and paid for nights not used than cancled at short notice, but thats life in slow lane.

gonno use cl & cs more this year, even if we have to pay for cancelations

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We have favourite sites in both and feel we get value out of them.

I'd be interested also in the MCC membership - we've had some really good times at their rallies but numbers seem to be dropping - this may just be a false impression from the last 4 months.

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
CL's

Joined CC mainly because of CL's and slightly cheaper insurance. I use CC sites mainly for business stop overs, nice to have good toilet facilities, the pitches are a good size and hard standing which is essential for winter use. CL's for personal trips and summertime use, although few owners ask for membership number and I'm sure if you just turn up without being a member they would be foolish to turn you away !

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We are members of the C & C Club mainly for the holiday rallies and CS sites, and for occasional meets to catch up with friends with their DA groups, we did pay the extra to be in the motorcaravan section, but stopped paying that this year.::bigsmile:

We are also members of the MCC, and enjoy rallies with them. ::bigsmile:

But they are very different for a Motorhome fun rally. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Interesting and surprising (to me) results .. so far

out of aprox. 100 votes

90% are in one or the other or both clubs ..

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We have favourite sites in both and feel we get value out of them.

I'd be interested also in the MCC membership - we've had some really good times at their rallies but numbers seem to be dropping - this may just be a false impression from the last 4 months.

We dropped the MCC membership as we don't rally. The CL we used was abismal. The head office didn't even acknowlege email I sent to them on that and another matter. Their magazine content was of no interest to us.

I joined them as they were a motorhome club but they turned out to be a washout for us.

In my opinion the club is too fragments bys its regional set up. The NI region however have done well in getting Aires set up, pity the rest of the club don't seem to want to do the same.

We are CC & C&CC members so that we can make use of their CL/CS networks. As a MHFun member we have access to another CL.

We don't use club sites if we can avoid them prefering quiet sites.

John

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
We are in C&CC club & have been for about 10 years now.
Have tried CC a few times but hate their booking system with a passion, it infuriates me as we can never get a club site when we want due other people having the time to sit all day in Dec booking ahead for the year in case they feel like going away, which of course they can do as there are no deposits and no problem if they don't cancel & just don't turn up!!! :Angry:
Also rallys have to be booked & paid for in advance so you can't just do a spure of moment thing, don't get that at all.

Apologies for the rant, feel better now!

C&CC let you just turn up at rallys, no need to pre book.
The club sites you can book in advance & pay deposit which is tranferrable if you need to rearrange or is lost if you just don't show or cancel,so a much fairer idea IMHO.
We also have friends in tents who can come to C&CC with us.
The THS are great for the kids & very cheap especially in summer.

Too regimented , unfriendly and retentive in CC for us I am afraid.:thumbdown:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Member of the CC for some 15 years when we had a caravan, ten year gap until we bought the MH and joined the C&CC then the CC a year later as only they had a site where we wanted to go. We don't rally but for ÂŁ40 each and the member discounts we get twice the locations.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Joined the C&CC when we got the MH mainly because as newbies we needed info on places to stay. Don't have any complaints (so far).
Years ago when we were tuggers we were in the CC, but found that if you didn't have the latest gizmos and caravans there was a definate hierarchy.
They were also pretty much an unfriendly bunch.
One windy day on the Bowness on Windermere site (which I think is now a C&CC site) my friend and I went round the deserted site and rescued all of the blown down awnings and stowed them safely under the respective vans. The thanks we got was a warning not to touch other peoples property or risk a ban. Never went to another CC site. Probably different now, but the damage has been done, I'm afraid.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We are members of the CC and joined when we had a caravan a few years back.

Our reason for joining was that we were newcomers and preferred to stay in CC sites to start off with. We stayed at our first CL last weekend and enjoyed the same facilities, but at a reduced cost:thumb:

Having all the facilites we need on board, we don't really need to use the CC sites, we could "wildcamp" or use the extensive CL network offered by the CC. However, as yet, we don't feel confident enough to "wildcamp":RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back