Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:
HAD SKY PUT IN FEBUARY BROADBAND SPEED CRAP NOT ENOUGH TO LISTEN TO INTERNET RADIO.PHONED HELP LINE TOLD TO TAKE PLATE OFF PHONE SOCKET AND PLUG ROUTER INTO BROADBAND TESTER AT BACK OF SOCKET 6MB. COMING THROUGH LINE PUT PLATE BACK ON CONNECT PHONE AND ROUTER BACK UP SPEED DOWN TO 223KBPS. RESULT FAULT ON PHONE SOCKET PLATE I WILL HAVE TO GET OPENREACH OUT AND IT WILL COST ME UP TO ÂŁ180:00p. SKY GOT OPENREACH TO PUT THE PHONE LINE IN SO I COULD GET THERE BROADBAND AND NOW THEY ARE SAYING OPENREACH IS AT FAULT AND I HAVE TO PAY. GEORDIE MAFIA INFORMED

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
The socket is part of BT service to you the same as the line and the exchange is, if the socket is faulty you should not be charged for rectification. You would be charged for attendance if the fault was after the socket.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I also had a faulty master socket and this was put right by BT without charge.

Sky boxes usually have a connection to the phone line, and ours was originally plugged in by the Sky engineer without the ADSL filter. A sky box plugged into a phone socket without a filter will kill your broad band speed so do check this first, if there is a filter try with another one as they can sometimes be faulty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The reason I mention the Sky (TV) box plugged into the phone socket is because if this is connected without a filter BT will charge for the call out as it will not be a problem with their equipment..

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Had a similar issue with our master box,

as said, BT are responsible up to that point, and no charge is made to change it unless the fault is due to the wiring or equipment after the box.. or it has been tampered with .. so never remove the main plate of the box.. or disturb the BT wiring.

the micro filter is the most common problem..
before buying a decent one I had changed mine several times.. the cheapos from the likes of Tescos are of poor quality and don't perform so well or last.

I have and recommend this one from ADSL nation

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
had quite a bit of probs with my sky broadband
bt eventually replaced the bt box indoors
with an openreach box with a filter built in its been better
but im never going to get a good service
till fibre optic is available
as we are distant from the exchange :cry::cry::thumb:

i emailed this fella and got help and A discount on my subs
for my troubles
jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

edit email from shfftys original posting a long while back
worth repeating again

http://www.connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
remove sky broadband for your house and use a asp who maybe cares sky is the worse bb suppiler i have ever had the misfortune to use now im with talk talk for my phone and bb great service

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
I also had a faulty master socket and this was put right by BT without charge.

Sky boxes usually have a connection to the phone line, and ours was originally plugged in by the Sky engineer without the ADSL filter. A sky box plugged into a phone socket without a filter will kill your broad band speed so do check this first, if there is a filter try with another one as they can sometimes be faulty.

:Angry::Angry:
Changed filters it is the box. I can take front plate off and plug in 6mbs. Put plate back on 230kbs. Bt coming Friday GEORDIE MAFIA WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back