scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As mentioned on the exclude tuggers thread.. Link Removed

"Camping à la ferme" is a label offered to farmers who offer a small area for camping, with a maximum of six pitches; the similar "aire naturelle de camping" is an area with a maximum of 25 pitches. They must all provide toilets and wash basins, electric power points, and dustbins, as well as at least one warm shower.

Much more than just camping sites.. from great farm produce, restaurants, accommodation, leisure activities and much more..

We first used them many years ago whilst tugging around France.. no joining fee, you can buy a guide book in most French book shops..

search for sites on the web page

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
First time for us in France in a M/H soon.:thumb:
I have travelled there on bike but always stayed in hotels.
Can i just drive and arrive on a site on route or is it better to book first?
I have a dream :Eeek:--- about just coasting along ,checking the sat nav and thinking, that looks nice , i`ll stay there.
I have all loaded in sat nav ready to go :thumb:

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Joner,
That's certainly the way I would recommend doing it, paticularly if you're travelling out of high season, that way you can drive whenever you want and how far you want. You can even follow the good weather, just set off and enjoy travelling at your own pace. Good luck.:thumb:
Geoff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Yes, don't book unless you want somewhere on the Med in high season. If you book you are really tied to being in certain places at the right time, no fun at all.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Jim

Thanks for the post, we have been members of France Passion in the past and found some lovely places to stay do you have any idea if i can buy the book online as we are heading to France for Easter and would love to stay on some of these places.

Cheers
Gerry

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim

Thanks for the post, we have been members of France Passion in the past and found some lovely places to stay do you have any idea if i can buy the book online as we are heading to France for Easter and would love to stay on some of these places.

Cheers
Gerry

Hi Gerry..
I don't think so, don't see a facility on the web site

We just bought the book and turned up on spec.

they should have contact details on the entries..

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Cheers Jim

Will buy a book when we get off the Tunnel just in case we dont always have internet.

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
Hi buy both all the aires and france passion book online from www.vicariousbooks.co.uk Then choose where you want to head,sat nav it and away you go!!!!
we never book anywhere, even went to monaco and st tropez in high season and always found somewhere!!! have fun :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi buy both all the aires and france passion book online from www.vicariousbooks.co.uk Then choose where you want to head,sat nav it and away you go!!!!
we never book anywhere, even went to monaco and st tropez in high season and always found somewhere!!! have fun :thumb:

Hi thanks for the reply we have the aires book and have been in France Passion before but only going for 2 weeks so dont know if its worth joining but this one Jim has put on looks good depends how much book cost but might write down some sites in the rough area we are heading. We tend not to book sites and tend not to put address in to sat nav as that means we have plans :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: id rather just head in a direction and stop when i want.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back